Philips DVD-751 Reviews

Philips DVD-751 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips DVD-751

Philips DVD-751

“Received mine as a gift Dec, 2000 and only had one...”

Written on: 05/05/2008 by Oregon253 (1 review written)

Received mine as a gift Dec, 2000 and only had one problem with the whole time. That problem was that the remote control broke from having the on button pushed too many times! Never have I seen this infamous disc error message that seems so prevalent on the other reviews… Read Full Review

“WORKS GREAT, A LOT BETTER THAN THAT SORRY RCA I HAD...”

Written on: 27/12/2002 by HAL. (1 review written)

WORKS GREAT, A LOT BETTER THAN THAT SORRY RCA I HAD AND LESS MONEY… Read Full Review

“Recommended!! I have no problem with my Philips DVD...”

Written on: 23/12/2002 by SpiderMan. (1 review written)

Recommended!! I have no problem with my Philips DVD 751 DVD player. It plays everything including DVD, VCD, SVCD and AudioCDs… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This DVD player is the WORST! Movies constantly skip....”

Written on: 30/11/2002 by JetJaguar. (1 review written)

This DVD player is the WORST! Movies constantly skip. Some DVD formats won't even play. Sometimes the DVD menus don't even work. This is a terrible DVD player. Don't bye one just because you see Philips comercials ever 5 minuets on TV. Buy something cheaper. It's bound to work better… Read Full Review

“This DVD Philips 751 player stinks! From the start,...”

Written on: 05/10/2002 by Kristian. (1 review written)

This DVD Philips 751 player stinks! From the start, this player have been so full of errors. Now it is broken and it has just passed the one year of guarantee. "Disc Error", and it freezes", and you can't turn the machine off. Maybe i'm not lucky with this machine. My TV from philips is fantastic… Read Full Review

48307_Matt.'s Response to Kristian.'s Review

Written on: 04/11/2002

I bought my 751 in feb of 2001 and was initially very pleased. One week from the end of warranty it broke down, disc freezing, returning to the beginning of film etc.That was fixed under guarantee but now, 8 months later the same problems have appeared again but this time worse. I am presently in communication with Philips to arrange repair and am very hopeful from letters received so far. Just waiting for estimate from my local repairer. write to:-
mitre house, canbury park road, kingston upon thames, surry kt2 6lz

53035_Bert.'s Response to Kristian.'s Review

Written on: 24/11/2002

Today the 24th of november 2002 my Philips 751 DVD Player gives a"disc error" and freezes, I bought the player in January 2001 (practically the same time as Kristian) so I agree with Kristian that this is no incident and therefore I think this player has a technical fold which philips has to repair. Under the philips merchandise statement "Let's make things better" they have to take a step to solve these problems. We customers should have several years to enjoy their technical products.

Read 2 Comments

“I sold my Philips 751 DVD player and bought a decca...”

Written on: 22/04/2002 by geoff. (1 review written)

I sold my Philips 751 DVD player and bought a decca dvd player at less than half the price and it plays everything. I would not recommend phillips at all… Read Full Review

Hughesey.'s Response to 20562_geoff.'s Review

Written on: 14/09/2002

Sorry to not agree. I personally think philips is the way forward.The 751 is a very basic model so obviously it wont do everything but at the moment for value for money and technical specification they are the best.

Read 1 Comment