GoneTooSoon Reviews - www.gonetoosoon.org

GoneTooSoon www.gonetoosoon.org - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GoneTooSoon www.gonetoosoon.org

GoneTooSoon www.gonetoosoon.org

“I didn't get told”

Written on: 12/06/2020 by VixDerby (1 review written)

My sister set up pages for my mum and dad. Now it's all lost, every message, candle etc - even photos we'd shared! Why have they not even archived this so people could pay for at least screenshots or prints? Have they archived it or just thrown everyone's memories in the trash? I'm so upset!… Read Full Review

“Absolutely discussed ”

Written on: 09/03/2020 by Bigguy660 (1 review written)

Financial reasons? I’m owned several websites over the years and it doesn’t take much to leave this page online forever. If you truly have money problems on a site that has so many emotions connected to it then you should have at least ask for donations to keep it up and running. Or some way for loved ones to help out. Donations, go fund me page from time to time, ask for admins to help with the time spent on updates ect. I could go on and on. Enough people on this site would have pulled… Read Full Review

“Missing”

Written on: 19/02/2020 by 247Rollins (1 review written)

Hi yes me to I have been looking for my memorials I put up but I only changed over to new site and I though all my memorials would move over as well but I cant find them only one my brothers but I had 2 more on gonetoosoon I'm am heartbroken over it… Read Full Review

“Is there any way of being abe to retrieve my memorial...”

Written on: 29/12/2019 by Londynq454 (1 review written)

I have just attempted to find my late Grandmother's page that I created in 2013, only to learn that the website has supposedly closed down due to financial issues? I am devastated as I've lost all my comments, candles and the beloved photo of my dear Grandma. Is there any way of being able to retrieve this? Surely this information should be archived??… Read Full Review

Kayleighporter's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2020

Me too lost only copies of sons pictures

Lindahorn's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2020

Hello you might be able to find it by using the Wayback Machine

Read 2 Comments

“where;s the sight gone !!!!”

Written on: 20/11/2019 by lvMiller498 (1 review written)

its my dads 30th Angel day tomorrow, i just went to light a candle on his page which i have probably been doing for 10 years only to find no page !!! i spent a lot of money over the years buying credits to build his page and also post things on my friends pages x Any idea of whats happened x Am devastated x… Read Full Review

Mamma-G's Comment

Written on: 20/12/2019

Omg ive just found out that the site as had to close due to finacial troubles. They could have informed us so we could have got everything off the site before it closed. Not happy at all x

Read 1 Comment

“No respect for peoples memorials”

Written on: 02/09/2019 by Johnston229 (1 review written)

Used the site for atleast 15 years, had memorials i,d write tributes and poems for. now all those poems are gone because closed down without warning. they could of had some respect and let people collect their data… Read Full Review

“No information of imminent closure - shame on you ”

Written on: 06/07/2019 by Adamy446 (1 review written)

Apparently an email went out saying that the site was closing. Well I didn’t get it. My tribute to my grandma is now lost for ever. Thanks for nothing… Read Full Review

“Absolutely Disgusting ”

Written on: 25/04/2019 by Caelum93 (1 review written)

Beyond appalling G.T.S have decided to just remove their whole damn website that thousands of people had memorials of friends and loved ones on. All of this why? Because of “financial reasons” according to their now closed websites notice message!!! Absolutely beyond hurtful. Lost all of my photos and everything I uploaded since 2011 + had been coming on here to view 2 other people’s profile out of rememberence as well !!!! All gone !!!! Why close a site down that was always free from… Read Full Review

“Where's it gone”

Written on: 23/05/2018 by YasminePatton (1 review written)

I have been trying all day to visit my brothers tributes, as today would have been his birthday. But all I get is gone to soon Michael Jackson lyrics. People need to still grieve, how do we get to see, and light a candle now… Read Full Review

Lshilliday's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2018

That's what I'm getting

Caelum93's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2019

Absolute joke that “GONE TOO SOON” is!!! Their apparent reason for them closing their website down is due to ‘financial’ reasons. Why on earth do they need money to run a supposed free.... IT WAS ALWAYS FREE BACK THEN !!! website?! It doesn’t make sense. People like myself who had many photos, candles and comments etc can now not get them back or retrieve them. How absolutely selfish years and years worth of time and effort and memorium to some people’s loved ones (many of us) and it’s all gone to waste just because they wanted money!!!! Why not just keep a free site you made in the beginning... free!!! Why need money for it?! Appalling. Closing down peoples only memories because they have no decided they want to hqv money from it.

Caelum93's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2019

Davidmaryniak's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2020

Free isn't free, it was free to us, but not free for them, paying monthly server fees, bandwidth fees, yes every visit cost them. And administration fees, some had to design that site, pay those server bills, pay for the electricity those servers used and the rent those servers sat in. And it wasn't free, it was donation.. your donation should have represented how important that sure is to you.. it makes perfect sense that they shut down.. free ha, since when is anything with value free?? They can't keep paying the bill if they can't pay someone to run it, and even if it was one guy, his time it's worth something, you expect him to do the programming, buy the server, get the solar panels to run it, and pay the domain registration, indefinitely? How can you expect anyone to do that, when the other thousand users wouldn't donate to help him cover the cost? Don't get mad at them for closing, get bad at yourself and every other user who thought it was free, but didn't read the user agreement, ignored the pop up asking for donations, and didn't light a candle everything to sort the site. Get mad at the users who used the bandwidth and never did anything to keep the sure running, get mad at the freeloaders, they killed the site, by not giving when it was needed. Blame yourself for not giving every month to keep it running.

Ibukunoluwa's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2020

Well I guess I'm less ignorant on the importance of donations towards a cause I cherish. Even though I'm deeply saddened and disappointed, I'm more enlightened. I hope others who get to read this post don't just lash out, but learn a lesson or 2 from it. Thank you for the information.

Jamiechristianson's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2018

Gone too Soon sent out an email Middle of August saying they were closing the site. Sadly I never moved mine fast enough and my Daughter page is gone as well. Really sad to think the amount of pages people had created for them to just close down.

Deborahhargrove's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2018

I myself am heartbroken, gone too soon are so heartless, I can no longer light my brother a candle download website, iv been lighting candles for 11 years and each time I try to contact gone too soon I'm ignored, they'd don't care about us or our loved ones

Read 7 Comments

“What went wrong?”

Written on: 10/01/2014

The Gone Too Soon web site was fantastic. But since they 'updated' the website around Christmas time I cannot even get into the website. This website is too important to ignore. Could management please return the website to its original state so we can access and use it… Read Full Review

Primaveraviskovic's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2014

I also cannot access the wonderful Gone too soon site.! Please, can you go back to the old website ? It was easy and so comforting to be able to light candles and leave tributes, I also made so many wonderful friends, I really miss them !! Lighting a candle for my son Silvio, gave me such joy and comfort !!!
Please, please, do something !!!! Thank you,
Primavera Viskovic

Read 1 Comment

“GONE TOO SOON VERY INSENSITIVE”

Written on: 10/12/2011

My son died in a house fire and i opened a memorial on this website, all was well until they put a christmas scene on his page. Which was the picture of a room with a fire place and a christmas tree, however they had a picture of my son above the fire. And playing in the background was the sound effects of a roaring, crackling fire. I rang them up only to be told… Read Full Review

“It's not until you actually lose someone that you try...”

Written on: 09/07/2009 by Jordan2009 (1 review written)

It's not until you actually lose someone that you try and think of all the different ways that you can keep their memory alive. I lost my sister in a car accident almost a year ago, but as I live near Truro in Cornwall and her grave is in Newcastle, as you can imagine I very rarely get to visit her in person.

A friend recommended Gonetoosoon.org to me and I haven't looked back. Unlike most memorial sites that I looked at, it seems that everything is free on this one. I have created a beautiful… Read Full Review

“I thought the gone too soon site was excellent to...”

Written on: 26/05/2009

I thought the gone too soon site was excellent to begin with....then they changed the site ...it got very impersonal....there is a Community Place where you can discuss issues but unfortunately this is run by half a dozen or so who seem to take great delight in intimidating others ...and can act like bullys...they threaten to have your discussion thread deleted if you say what you feel....this site as I say used to be excellent but many have now taken their sites elsewhere where there is no… Read Full Review

Jason1981's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2009

I found this review not helpful because it is obvious that this person must have been at the receiving end of not having her topic or discussion added to the site. The site always instantly removes anything that is deemed inappropriate.
<br/>

Jordan2009's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2009

I found this review not helpful because I don't find any of this to be true at all. I have been using the site for 3 years and think it's wonderful place to remember lost loved ones and also a great place to make new friends.

Read 2 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“i was left abusive messages on both my garden wall and...”

Written on: 19/04/2009

i was left abusive messages on both my garden wall and private messages, and you cant block someone form your entire garden, you cant even block them UNTIL you get sent a message or a post. I asked admin at Gone Too Soon to remove the person involved from the website, but they were very unhelpful. GTS seriously need to rethink their privacy policy and settings. Like facebook you should be able to block people completely, and they should be removed for abusive content. The person concerned has… Read Full Review

“i found Gone Too Soon shortey after losing my son,at...”

Written on: 05/03/2009

i found Gone Too Soon shortey after losing my son,at the time of my loss i felt like i was the only one to go though the pain but i found there are many- many more and reading them and sending them messages has help me alot,keep up the good work gone to soon… Read Full Review

“The good points of Gone Too Soon are that we now all...”

Written on: 18/02/2009

The good points of Gone Too Soon are that we now all have some were to go to talk to our loved ones and all them who have gone before us This site is class keep the good work going!… Read Full Review

“i think it is good to remember people by- I do really...”

Written on: 15/01/2009

i think it is good to remember people by- I do really like Gone Too Soon it makes me feel comfortable and safe so i can just look at the pictures of my lost ones. x… Read Full Review

“Im sorry but Im trying to get in to my garden, but I...”

Written on: 19/09/2008 by lauramcg1982 (1 review written)

Im sorry but Im trying to get in to my garden, but I think gone too soon is the best thing that happened to me Ive found a way of dealing with my brother and aunts death. I think everything about the whole site is brilliant! But for some reason my password keeps getting mixed up and I cant seem to get onto the site, can anyone point me in the right direction of password recovery?
Well recommend this memorial garden website though, very helpful… Read Full Review

“I stumbled across gone to soon after looking on the...”

Written on: 27/05/2008 by Linda ashby (1 review written)

I stumbled across gone to soon after looking on the internet for ways of sharing my sorrow and grief with others after losing my brother in tragic circumstances and found it a real help to pay a lasting tribute in a way others can share it warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes when within seconds of me completing it to find 2 people had lit candles and paid tribute to him… Read Full Review

“When I found this site I set up a tribute for my...”

Written on: 08/02/2008 by reltublien (1 review written)

When I found this site I set up a tribute for my daughter who was killed in a crash on NYE 2007. I felt this was a good place to say what I thought of her and how much I missed her. Being able to put photo's and music on it was a bonus. Family members, friends and other people who visit the site can leave a message or light a candle, which has helped me a lot.

Be aware though that as it so easy to set up you do get people putting on spoof or abusive tributes, also you will find multiple pages… Read Full Review