Barnsley, Metrodome Reviews

Barnsley, Metrodome - Ask a question now

“Winter fun!”

Written on: 19/01/2014

We travelled over 50 miles to come here in January 2014. We were a party of 4 adults and a 2 year old. For a family of 2 adults and toddler, it came to about £13 - bargain! We came in the morning for 10am which was ideal as afterwards the queues were horrendous - I suppose it shows how popular it is! The changing village was immaculate. £1 needed for the lockers which is returnable. Minor point - more baby changing cubicles. There is a laned swimming pool and a small filter throughway you can swim through to get to the waterpark. There is a sunken galleon with a three laned water slide for small children - though it is surprisingly fast. My 2 year old loved it! A wave pool and the wave machine was every 15-20 minutes or so. Various deco stuff in the theme of pirates, a 4-laned astra slide which my 2 year old joined us on when sat on his father's knee. He loved that. A diving pool with 3 dive boards. The pool has windows for people to view divers. Saved the best til last. Three tube slides. The green Kraken we thought was 'tame' turned out to be quite fast! the Terror Torrent was the black hole slide. It simple turned and went on a downward direction whic made it very fast. the red Eruption slide is 'different'. Other water parks now have this slide but relatively 'new'. You slide down a longish chute into a giant bowl where you slide about before dropping out the bottom into a 2m pool. There is a cafe poolside for those wanting to eat but not wanting to get out and get dressed. Overall, it was a good waterpark. We spent 1.5 hours there which was enough for my little boy but for older kids and adults, about 3 hours is probably enough. I have been to one other waterpark in the UK (now closed) and it was better in terms of number of slides and thrill factor but the price of this waterpark is excellent value for money. We are definitely returning!

“Summer holiday visit”

Written on: 12/08/2013

Went today 12/8/13 really busy kids enjoy it though however whilst the life guards tries to supervise the teenage idiots were there they were struggling , they should not allow large groups of boys who are just there to make families lives uncomfortable . I watched my children in the diving boards I didn't even get in the pool and my eyes were stinging from the water that was splashed at me clearly the chlorine levels were very high !!! The food area the service is very very slow and staff not attentive however food not bad when did arrive . Lots of life guards fairly clean , showers rubbish . Too pricey

“Great day out with our young kids”

Written on: 02/09/2011 by Ojandadam (1 review written)

Helpful employees, attentive lifeguards and good slides made our day at Metrodome Leisure Centre very enjoyable. We took our kids ranging in age from 4 to 9 and they all had a great time. Diving boards and tube rides for the older ones (and me!). Smaller slides and shallow water areas for the younger ones. Less expensive than other water parks we researched. Perhaps a bit smaller than we expected, but in the end we happily spent over 4 hours there, and the kids would have all stayed longer given the choice. We went on the last Friday of summer break, so we were concerned it might be overcrowded. Arrived at opening time (10 am) and joined a short queue. Got inside and it wasn't until a couple hours later that it started to feel crowded. Also of note was that we had brought food for lunch, and were relieved to get no objections to bringing it in to the poolside eating area when we checked first with the staff. Glad we went and would recommend it to anyone.

“We visited the metrodome to swim with our two children...”

Written on: 30/12/2010

We visited the metrodome to swim with our two children aged 4 and 2. We found the staff very welcoming and helpful, the pool and changing area clean, water and air temperature warm and comfortable. Wave machine, 2 flumes, 2 small slides, bumpy water slide, gated toddler pool with small slide, lane swimming pool. Family changing area. We had a great time, the kids loved it. Wil definitely go again.

“OH DEAR... BMD should be one of the best pools in...”

Written on: 29/07/2010

OH DEAR... BMD should be one of the best pools in Yorkshire, but it is BADLY RUN. Not so long ago you could be in the pool until 9pm, then hit the bar for dinner and a pint! Nowadays the bar kitchen is shut before the pool! Where's the sense in that?
ALSO, BMD is one of the few places where families can DIVE together... But the 1m board is STILL BROKEN, after several months now...
FINALLY, BMD should have LONGER opening hours during school hols, but instead, it closes earlier! WHY OH WHY?

“Wen we arrived we thought it was going to be a good...”

Written on: 02/07/2010

Wen we arrived we thought it was going to be a good evening, when at reception i was asked if I was from barnsley when i replied no the receptionist simply said "You'll have to pay for your kid then" not a problem but a bit abrupt I thought.. anyway when we finally got into the pool area I thought oh my god its 1980 in here it was a real time warp absolutely past it the pool floor was very harsh on ours and our 2 year olds feet and filth could be seen quite clearly on the bottom! To say it was a family swim the main pool and the baby pool were closed for lessons leaving only the wave pool available to swim and the waves were that large I was struggling to keep my head above water nevermind my daughter, the final straw was when 2 children who had serious chickenpox were allowed to swim right under the lifegaurds noses, I just got ripped off for my money I wasn't going to sit there while my daughter got pox aswell... an overall disgrace DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I WOULDN'T MIND IF I WERE A SNOB BUT I'M NOT AND IT'S REALLY BAD HERE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO TO YOUR LOCAL BATHS COS DEWSBURY IS 100 TIMES BETTER AND THAT HASN'T CHANGED SINCE I WERE A CHILD! I ALSO ONLY GAVE 1 STAR BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T LET ME GIVE ZERO

“This is supposed to be one of the regions premier...”

Written on: 01/12/2009 by shefwed66 (1 review written)

This is supposed to be one of the regions premier leisure venues?? Oh dear.

First impressions were ok, the Enterance and grounds look well kept. But then we unfortuantely walked in.

First off the Receptionist was plain rude.
The Changing Rooms (Swimming pool) cant have been cleaned.

The pool is ok but not a patch on Ponds Forge in Sheffield. the kids were bored within about 10 minutes.

The Bar/Restaurant. Service was ok when we eventually found a member of staff. The food was edible, just.

All in all a nice looking facility, but a terrible leisure experience.
We will stick to Sheffield thanks.

“i went to the barnsley metrodome in the rigby...”

Written on: 22/07/2009

i went to the barnsley metrodome in the rigby suite.the bar was good apperance,we ordered some food and half of it was ready before the rest of our meal,my friend and i wanted to eat together,the rest of the meal came 10-20 mins later.