Hayter Hayterette Push Reviews

Hayter Hayterette Push - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hayter Hayterette Push

“Fantastic little mower”

Written on: 15/04/2015

Just picked up my hayterrete today, got it to mow the tracks and orchards and other rough areas at my 4 acre smallholding, so first impressions are its fantastic I mowed all tracks and both orchards in an hour, this usually takes 3-4 hours with a strimmer or my other old mculloch 3in1 which has always struggled with long grass even tho it says it copes with it trust me it doesn't, part of the reason it's so quick is the fact it doesn't have a drive system, rather than being a bad thing I found… Read Full Review

“Junk blades”

Written on: 21/05/2012 by staffordfatboy (1 review written)

Described as ideal for rough ground so I bought it for my orchard. Moles and frost bring up stones in the winter so a rough ground one should be ideal. I got half way through the first cut picked up a stone which chopped up the blades like tinfoil and removed one of the bolts which I cannot now find. No doubt I will find it next time I mow. The swinging blades appear to me a typical gimmick which adds nothing but reduces usability. I now have to buy a new set of blades and bolts at £25 the… Read Full Review

Kookies1Ot's Response to staffordfatboy's Review

Written on: 05/10/2015

Only just read this - I bought a second hand Hayterette in 1982 since then I have recently put a new engine on it and periodically new blades. In fairness, days after fitting the new engine a neighbour asked me to knock a bit of his rough grass down and I struck - quite a large boulder and that immediately removed a blade. The idea of the swivel blades is that they do shear off and a set of 4 cost less than a conventional rorary blade. Basically the large disc underneath tends to then ride up over the offending obstacle. Now another neighbour decided to buy himself a rotary with a rigid blade and he just happened to clip a border edge and that snapped the ctrankshaft so he ended up having to buy a new engine - I know which is the cheaper. Mine constantly hits bits of wood in the long drass and they come out as sawdust so I would not worry too much abour having to chage the blades - these mowers cut anything - just keep fingers and toes clear when using it!!!

Read 1 Comment

“I've had a Hayterette cutting my medium sized lawn for...”

Written on: 14/05/2011

I've had a Hayterette cutting my medium sized lawn for 40 years! In that time I've only had to replace the baffle on the exhaust and the pull string. I am not one to nurse things but I service it each autumn. It has cut neighbours lawns frequently also. I'm full of admiration. If you're buying a mower get one with aluminium deck. It will repay… Read Full Review

“The Hayter Hayterette Push is a wonderful rough cut...”

Written on: 12/11/2008 by pleasant (1 review written)

The Hayter Hayterette Push is a wonderful rough cut lawnmower. Absolutely ideal for use on my verge, under trees, in my paddock- in fact anywhere where the going gets rough. Absolutely bombproof design and build quality. Like the swinging blade design which prevents damage to the engine shaft if you hit something solid in the undergrowth. Simple to service and maintain. It's a bit steep pricewise, but it'll last you twenty years or more… Read Full Review