Altec Lansing VS4221 2.1 PC Speakers Reviews

Altec Lansing VS4221 2.1 PC Speakers - Ask a question now

“After reading numerous good reviews of these Altec...”

written by stevieafcno1 on 31/08/2008

After reading numerous good reviews of these Altec Lansing VS4221 2.1 PC Speakers I recently purchased a 2nd hand set off of eBay as my Creative I-Trigue 3200's subwoofer mysteriously packed up having had very little use. When these arrived (in mint condition) the setup was instant & all the 3 plugs colour coded for easy guidance. Note:for best sound from the 2 satellites, if the speakers are placed below ear level, position them upwards for full & clearer clarity. After moving the speakers around to find their best position I was absolutely amazed at the crystal clear sound quality & stereo imaging listening through my itunes music library. These blow away the I-Trigue 3200's & could even give my Technics hifi separates costing nearly £2000 a decent run for their money. The hifi could seriously become redundant, I kid you not!

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the bass can be very top heavy with the bigger than average subwoofer, but with some tweaking on the remote control you can get a beautiful finely balanced sonic sound with great but not overbearing bass which will easily fill a large sized room let alone a small one. These can go loud, very loud if required. When it comes to listening to music of any genre (I have a very wide taste in music & over 16,000 songs in my itunes library), and for me, great sound quality is a must and these speakers produce a very pleasing & satisfying sound. A well deserved high recommendation!!