Art.co.uk www.art.co.uk Reviews

Art.co.uk www.art.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Art.co.uk www.art.co.uk

“ Avoid at all costs”

written by on 06/02/2019

Received a voucher from Art on the 22nd December as a gift from a relative abroad. I went on the website to use the voucher only to find they have closed down and stopped international sales. I contacted them regarding getting a refund or using the voucher on art.com. On the 27th of December I got a reply which including "We are going through a transition in our business right now and unfortunately we could not control the timing of this transition. We are so very sorry that your gift cards and vouchers cannot be refunded." I have seen on other sites that they actually closed down before this time but were more than happy to keep taking money from people i.e. taking money off people knowing that they would definitely get nothing in return!!!! I am still contacting them 41 days later and getting very little back in return. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague, save your money and find a reputable art web site to deal!!

“Stunning pictures and framing issues quickly resolved”

written by BruceandBeverley on 11/07/2018

For a start the website of Art.co.uk is brilliant; one of the best if not the best we've used and has as wide a range to choose from as you could hope for. We recently refurbished the house and ordered 10 pictures. The items arrived on time (some even ahead of time) and the quality is excellent; they look stunning on our walls. We ordered best quality prints and frames and it was well worth paying that little bit extra. There were issues with a couple of the frames not properly aligning and mitres not cut tight. We sent them images of the pictures and they were replaced in a matter of days. Their sales adviser was extremely patient and helpful both in choosing the pictures and resolving the issues with the frames. We would recommend them highly.

“Poor quality print ”

written by hutzy998 on 26/04/2018

Thought I purchased a quality art print for the 50 pounds (70 at full price), instead I got an awful quality product, saturation was too dark and warm. There were details missing in the print from the original because of this and figures were yellow instead of pale. It looked something like a quick print off on a printer with wrong ink settings! Avoid. Claimed refund, got money back.

“Do not order prints from art.co.uk”

written by on 21/10/2017

I ordered a printed poster of a piece of artwork, it's so low-res and the colours are so washed out it's hardly recognizable, it would be funny if it didn't cost £20, such low quality, what a joke. Should have read the reviews on here first before falling for the site it seems I'm not the first.

“Bad Reproduction and Poor Customer Service”

written by on 26/01/2017

I ordered a print of a Dutch Landscape. When it arrived I found that the colours were very far from the colours in the original painting. I complained to Customer Services about this and received a number of irrelevant replies including one apologising that I hadn't received my order. Eventually a further print of the same painting was despatched to me which was identical to the first one. At this point I gave up.

“No problems with my orders”

written by eddduck1948 on 29/07/2016

I was hesitant to use this company, but I found the right prints - and not seen elsewhere. They have a 30 days return option. But when I received them I was most impressed. The print quality was very good and with nice colours. The Perspex seemed to be of art quality. Well strung - the backing is a bit loose, but it is not hanging off.The frames were plastic but looked as good as others I have. I have had wooden frames before and have had trouble with woodworm, so plastic is fine I feel. The only small downside is that the 3 pictures came in 3 deliveries - over a 2 week period - but it was OK.

“Waste of time”

written by eyMalone287 on 23/03/2016

Ordered, a week later NOTHING Emailed to query and they just refunded. Terrible service and do not deserve your business.

“Will newver use them again”

written by Morse133 on 30/07/2015

art.co.uk website is full of false special offers, they offered 30% off offer ends today. I made my purchase and next day the website offered 40% off today only. Since then they offer various reductions all the time. I placed other orders from a well known online company the same day as the art.co.uk order and those goods have already arrived via free shipping, whereas the shipping I paid for on art.co.uk has yet to arrive. The supplied tracking was useless just a link to the DPD tracking site which only ever says "We've received your order details, and we're expecting your parcel shortly" and no further details, 3 days after I had placed the order DPD appear to have subcontracted the order to myhermes whose tracking website al;so has no helpful information just stating "28/07/2015 07:41 Order Generate" Will I be using art.co.uk again? No way

“WRONG SIZE QUOTED”

written by StanleyFloyd on 13/05/2015

I bought a print stated on the website to be 460mm wide. The print that arrived was 25mm wider, meaning it did not fit the purpose-made frame ordered from another supplier on the basis of the advertised size. Some careful work with a craft knife took 1/2" off each side, but this really shouldn't have been necessary.

“Dont buy the framing service”

written by 308Penn on 08/04/2015

Cheap plastic. lady on telephone intimated the frames were wood.

“Avoid Art UK”

written by on 16/02/2015

Art UK claimed to offer a rapid service and I ordered a standard framed print despite the high delivery charge. Approximately two weeks later I received an email informing me that there would be a delay due to "quality control problems". I later emailed the company for a revised delivery date: there was no reply. Subsequently I phoned and was told that there were still problems, but I was given a revised date. After the revised date had passed I phoned again and was informed the print was not available and no dispatch date could be provided. I cancelled the order. The whole frustrating process had taken five weeks. Their customer services email is not operative and they advertise no physical address so it's impossible to complain.

“Cheap Junk don't wast your money.”

written by calcot on 17/12/2014

Just received delivery of my artwork (abstract on stretched canvas)and I need a rant! I unpacked it, looked at it and put it straight in the bin, I hate being duped. The picture was printed on smelly plastic sheet just like the stuff they make cheap beach balls from, Printing is blurred and the colours do not look like they did on the web site. It does not deserve wall space even in a public toilet I'm very disappointed. I should have given my money to a worth while charity not theirs. I will definitely check out forum sites before I buy next time.

“If you have money to throw away then this is your site”

written by iononcicredo on 11/11/2014

The framed prints we received were nice. however they were much too expensive for what they were made of. They are only prints after all. We paid too much for too little. The frames were made of a very light cheap plastic. I had expected a better quality and now feel that I have been robbed.

“joke art!!”

written by rob50 on 06/02/2014

picture arrived rolled in tube, looks like a photocopy on thin card, almost impossible to flatten out so after looking at it for a couple of minutes put it into re-cycling bin. DO NOT EXPECT A QUALITY PRODUCT FROM THIS WEBSITE

“BUYER BEWARE!!!!!”

written by on 04/05/2013

I just received my order--a framed print that is something my child could have won at a carnival. It's horrendous. Paid $125.00 for it. Art.com should be ashamed of themselves. The frame is thin, acrylic--something you might see at a discount arts and crafts store. There is dried glue at the seams and the gold around the inside of the frame is missing in some areas. I cannot believe a business would have the audacity to sell such a cheap product for the price they sold this. Lesson learned---never again!!!

“Don't order from there Photos to Art service”

written by Kddenton2012 on 09/02/2013

I needed two large print images and they were the only company that u found that had the longer and wider size I was looking for. I place my order and about a week later the prints arrive but in a small tube "rolled". I was disappointed I order almost monthly custom prints from another site and the pictures never come rolled they ship flat, and to boot for about $3 more then ART.COM charges for shipping. It would be lice to give the customer an option of having the pictures shipped flat instead of rolled, I would gladly play extra. I have also purchased other pictures in the past from ART.COM and were rolled, the pictures were never the same

“Art.com is a seedy, unscrupulous business”

written by on 28/11/2012

My wife and I received two $100 gift certificates from my wife's parents. We tried to use them on a $200 purchase, but was told that only 1 gift certificate could be used per purchase. When we called customer service, the supremely intelligent representative said, "Well they probably wanted each of you to have one." Well, no, they were forced to buy two $100 gift certificates instead of a single $200 gift certificate; and both certificates had both of our names on them. Art.com is a seedy, unscrupulous company. Do not do give them your business.

“Horrible -- can't measure correctly, then don't fix...”

written by mediaguru on 09/10/2012

Art.com botched our order when we ordered 3 identically-sized images to be framed and hung together on the wall (it was a series of Alphonse Mucha prints that are designed to go together) When they arrived, one of them had an extra 1" of cropping space (white space) and thus was an inch too tall, making it uneven with the other ones and weird. When I emailed customer service, they responded that it is industry standard that it's okay them to get the sizing WRONG BY UP TO 2 INCHES. But when I said this is unacceptable (and asked them to point me to such industry standard document), they told me to call them. So I did, and they assured me they could send a replacement with the correct sizing. To confirm, I emailed [email protected] and included the problem PLUS photos PLUS the exact dimensions the replacement should be. Eventually the replacement arrived... and it was the wrong size AGAIN (exactly the same size as the original) Apparently their framers are either blind, illiterate, or do not know how to use things like rulers or tape measures... You can find a video of my experience online titled "Art.com FAIL - incompetent buffoons"

“wood mounted prints”

written by on 27/07/2012

bought 4 wood mounted prints. 1.5 years later 3 of the 4 have begun to peel off the wood. art.com declined to help as it has been longer than 3 months.

“I have ordered several framed photos and art from...”

written by on 23/03/2011

I have ordered several framed photos and art from art.com over the years. Basicially I've been happy with what I've gotten since I could pick exactly what I wanted and had control over the frame, size, colors, matting, etc. The larger works start to bow/warp after a bit and some people may not be so accepting of that. The problem I have now is within the last 3 months ordered 4 pieces to be sent to a condo in Fl. One of the very large pieces that is over the couch is starting to bow/warp and I wrote to ask what could be done. All I got was a robotic response that there is a 30 day refund policy and nothing can be done. I tried to pursue the issue but to no avail. I told them I was disappointed with their policy that 30 days was more important than a customer's satisfaction and that I would be taking my business elseware. If you do order from them, expect to have warping on the large frames (don't know about the glass framed though since I only order the non-glare plexi) since I had 3 warp since I got them.