Breakdowncover.ie Irish Breakdown Cover Reviews

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Breakdowncover.ie Irish Breakdown Cover - Ask a question now

“Breakdowncover.ie - Making it up as they go along!”

written by dermothayden on 23/08/2011

Hi, I thought I would ignore the not so glowing reviews for Breakdowncover.ie on this site and sign up with them anyway, as chances are that I wouldn't ever need assistance ... well we all think that don't we? I travel around the Republic of Ireland and to Northern Ireland on occasion, so rang Breakdowncover.ie and asked what cover I needed and got told by the agent that I would need 5 star cover which includes European cover. I went online and purchased 5 star cover only to then find the standard policy document clearly stated (a few times) that the territorial limit of cover for ROI residents (which I am) was the Island of Ireland (clearly meaning ROI and NI), with European cover for all other European destinations. As I didn't need European cover I rang back to downgrade my cover to 4 star as this is all I ever needed in the first place (according to the policy documents)and the agent I spoke to agreed that indeed the documentation clearly said 'Island of Ireland' and she would make the change for me. However, when she enquired of her supervisor how she should refund/downgrade my cover to 4 star, she was told that I needed 5 star and that they would be amending their policy documents to reflect this as they hadn't previously noticed this inconsistency. When I pointed out that the policy document would surely take precedence over her supervisors view of the matter, she said that I need 5 star cover because that's what her supervisor said I needed regardless of what their website or policy documents stated!!! In summary, these folks are clearly making this up as they go along and I for one am glad I exposed their amateur operation now rather than when I was sitting by the side of the road! I've cancelled my cover with Breakdowncover.ie (all of three hours after buying it) and I'm now off to spend a few euro more to ensure I have a professional operation to rely on if ever I do break down, which of course I never will! If I were you, I'd do the same. DH, County Roscommon

“Joined company 7, 8 months ago. Had to callout last...”

written by on 11/03/2011

Joined company 7, 8 months ago. Had to callout last month. Callout time qouted is 40 mins., had to wait 1hr 40 mins.. When i called to let them know that i've been waiting lady on phone says you called only half hour ago!!! absolutely amazed. Will not be renewing with them and wouldn't recommend.

“Took out 5 star Eurpoean Cover for a recent trip to...”

written by daveyf007 on 13/10/2010

Took out 5 star Eurpoean Cover for a recent trip to France. Had a problem in Northern France so contacted helpline. They sent a tow truck immedialely, but we were taken to a very small private garage, where no English was spoken. we asked to be moved to a main dealer, but were ignored. This "mechanic" replaced the alternator at a cost of 640Euro, when in actual fact all we needed was a new battery. It was left up to us to resolve the problem the second time. I contacted breakdowncover.ie when we got home, but they said that it was nothing to do with them, and to contact the mechanic myself. While the Dublin phone staff were as helpful as they could be, I found the attitude of the supervisors to be disgraceful.

“Had a problem with my car in county cork. Called to...”

written by Hansinsel on 11/08/2010

Had a problem with my car in county cork. Called to Breakdowncover ie and they send Mr. Ken Ryan. He really helped us and got the car started so we could continue our journey. Lovely service and also real value for money!
Thanks to Ken and breakdowncover ie!

“I found the service to be second to none, the price is...”

written by on 12/03/2008

I found the service to be second to none, the price is very competitive compared to other operators of this service. I had to contact the Call centre and found the staff very helpful.

“It is a very efficient service, the staff are very...”

written by kboland on 03/03/2008

It is a very efficient service, the staff are very friendly. Web-site is very easy to use and covers all information required. Great prices.