Insure My Caravan www.insuremycaravan.co.uk

Insure My Caravan www.insuremycaravan.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Insure My Caravan www.insuremycaravan.co.uk

“RIP off”

written by Martyn198 on 11/12/2022

On the 5/06/21 I spoke to a female member of staff at Ceta Insurance Brokers to insure my new caravan as I had recently sold my previous caravan. I told the member of staff that I wanted the same cover on my new caravan as I had on my previous one. On the 12/01/22 I had a phone call from my tracking company asking whether I was moving my caravan.  I informed them that I was not and therefore came to the conclusion that my caravan was being stolen, this was confirmed so I promptly rang the insurance company to report it.  The Insurance Company was AM trust.  AM trust then informed me that I wasn’t insured for that make and model of caravan but that I had insurance in place for my old caravan. I then explained that I had swapped caravans over with the member of staff at Ceta Insurance, who were the broker on 5/06/21 but clearly the member of staff hadn’t swapped caravans over from old to new so the new policy never existed. Within an hour of making the phone call, AM trust had listened to the phone call between myself and Ceta on the 05/06/21, I received a return phone call with a new policy number, but no policy paperwork was forthcoming. After 3 months of asking via email and telephone calls I received the policy for the new caravan with the old caravan policy still running along side it. The policy wording was completely wrong which Ceta insurance broker admitted and apologised for the mistake. I contacted the ombudsman to report this as I had never received a policy with the new caravan details on to read or amend within the 14 days cooling off period so that I could check to see if it was the correct policy would meet my needs and also to confirm that I was covered as I would be using my caravan for 3 weeks as a break.  The break was actually interrupted as I was called home for family issues leaving the caravan unattended for a day and half with axle locks on which were cut off with a burning equipment, hitch lock fitted, alarm fitted and tracker which was found and discarded in a field a mile down the road from where the caravan had been stolen from. The policy requirements were met with security and Cctv installed which showed the caravan being stolen from the site. Ceta insurance then told me I wasn’t insured on the site that I had parked the caravan on because it  wasn’t a registered caravan site which was a lie as it was registered with the council.  It would have been covered on the old policy but not the new policy. Then a few emails later it was covered on the site but as they claimed that the caravan was being used as permanent residence which was another lie, I was not covered. After multiple emails and phone calls they then confirmed that the reason I was not covered was due to human error on Ceta,s behalf, this being the case meant that the insurance claim was therefore closed and the ombudsman could not find anything wrong with this. A sum of £100 for compensation was offered as this was thought to be acceptable.  The start dates on the policy were wrong, the policy wording was completely wrong, there was no mention of midterm adjustments and the old caravan was still insured even though I had sold it. The policy hadn’t been signed off by either the broker or the insurer which is illegal as it is a law abiding document. I also have most of the telephone recordings as I requested Subject Access Request which clearly confirm Ceta admitting the mistake and also all the emails and copy’s of policies that eventually received 3 months after the theft. CETA INSURANCE - BE WARNED NOT TO INSURE WITH THEM AND IF YOU ARE MAKE SURE YOU READ YOUR POLICIES IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE RECEIVED ONE.

“I am currently insured with insuremycaravan.co.uk....”

written by mikeb1948 on 06/04/2011

I am currently insured with insuremycaravan.co.uk. However, at the moment I am very unhappy. Although the quote was much cheaper than any other, the customer service is abysmal.
I recently changed my caravan for a different (newer) model. I informed my insurer of the intended change before the event, and also when the change took place, giving full details of the van. However, I have heard nothing from them during the last two weeks, and I believe I am currently uninsured through no fault of my own.

Julie Chester's Response to mikeb1948's Review

Written on: 14/02/2012

They are pathetic and i won't be renewing with them next year worse move ever insuring with them

“We recently bought our first caravan and didn't know...”

written by on 08/10/2010

We recently bought our first caravan and didn't know where to get caravan insurance but wanted to compare quotes and found this company online. Only took a few minutes to complete and we were able to compare 8 different quotes including a good price from K Drewe. Would have given them 5 overall but didn't get to experience the customer service as bought online. Would recommend.

“PLEASE NOTE: ratings are given here only because it...”

written by travelog9 on 27/06/2010

PLEASE NOTE: ratings are given here only because it isn't possible to post on here without clicking a star button. In fact, the ratings is NOT applicable to this post because it is here for clarification. . .

I'm baffled to find that Review Centre is listing insuremycaravan.co.uk and compare-caravan-insurance.co.uk as two separate enterprises meriting two separate review sections.

They're not.

They are one and the same.

Their websites are identical (other than a change of header text.) Not surprisingly, therefore, exactly the same panel of insurers is used in both cases and exactly the same quotes are returned.

In our case, getting a quote from either / both was a waste of time: hopelessly uncompetitive for our static caravan compared with caravanwise.co.uk of Christchurch, Dorset.

Consumers really do need to be aware -- and Review Centre, too -- of using / puiblicising companies in the interests of comparison / competition when, in fact, no comparison is possible and no competition actually exists: it's the same outfit trading under two different names.

“Having insured our caravan with IGI it was stolen at...”

written by on 06/01/2010

Having insured our caravan with IGI it was stolen at the end of October 2009

and despite having paid over £600 in premiums in the 14 months that we

owned the van payout was refused. To add insult to injury, having lost over

£15500 we were informed of the decision by the assessor over the phone,

followed up by a written confirmation. As yet nothing at all from the

insurance company. I would like to have at least had sight of the policy

before committing to it, better still someone to explain it. BEWARE TAKING

OUT INSURANCE ON LINE and definitely scrutinise the small print.

I would also like to point out that I awarded a one star rating, only

because no provision is made for no stars.

Insuremycaravan's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2010

I'm sorry to hear about this, I've checked our records and can't find that we have been aware of any complaint. It would be great if you could contact me (Sandie at Insure My Caravan) to discuss.
<br/>
<br/>We sell policies from a number of insurance companies and I welcome feedback if you have had any issues when dealing with them so I can look into the details.
<br/>Thanks, Sandie

Misspeacock1967's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/>
<br/>It confirms my view of IGI
<br/>I insured my house with IGI. It was unoccupied for 16 days and became flooded from a burst pipe in the attic and unlike other insurance companies IGI is refusing to pay out. The premium was no different from other insurance companies but the small print in the detailed policy booklet certainly is. We are now &pound;35k out of pocket.
<br/>Avoid IGI. If you are already with them dont rely on the summary you get from the internet and go out now and buy a policy that actually gives you cover. They arent breaking the law but when you suffer a loss and they dont pay out you will think they have and like both of us you will be majorily out of pocket

“This is our first year with insuremycaravan, very...”

written by on 06/01/2010

This is our first year with insuremycaravan, very competitive, with all the cover we required - just what we wanted and no un-necessary add-ons to pay for.

“A great alternative to the usual large companies...”

written by on 02/01/2010

A great alternative to the usual large companies offering caravan insurance,which we can tailor to our own caravan and travelling needs,thus we are not paying for extras we don't need. As we have not made any claims,we cannot make any further comments,but are happy with the cover we are given.

“when a caravan has a tracker type system fitted it...”

written by on 31/12/2009

when a caravan has a tracker type system fitted it should have a very big discount allowed,as an insurer or owner you cant lose as the van will be found very quickly.most insurers only allow 10%!!you get this for most of the basic requirements,so i would guess most people will not bother with the outlay for a tracker plus the monitering fee and just have the minimum devices required as per their schudule,come on now,be positive and sort this out,the amount of new buisness you would get would be massive.
your thoughts please.
sandy gait.
(apart from above a very happy customer)

“The quote that I was given was increased alarmingly...”

written by ben aslak on 30/12/2009

The quote that I was given was increased alarmingly between the original telephone conversation and the confirmation. This I was assured was due to a 'misunderstanding' and the manner in which the quotation was described to me by the customer service operative. This caused me to look elsewhere for a cheaper quotation which I found easily. However, the after-service was excellent and a follow up call from a senior member of staff resolved the problem - too late to regain my custom unfortunately. I am assured that ImC will be pleased to offer a competitive quote next year.

“You should go an check out and get a quote. ”

written by on 06/12/2007

You should go an check out and get a quote.