Barclays Mobile Phone Insurance Reviews

2.2
  • Customer service

Barclays Mobile Phone Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Barclays Mobile Phone Insurance

“Dreadful service, do not use!”

written by CiaranMcK92 on 26/05/2024

Tech pack insurance is absolutely no longer worth the money since they changed over to Lizewize as their service provider. It took me almost 3 weeks to get a screen repair on an iPhone. I currently have another claim outstanding for a water damaged iPhone. The phone was dropped in a pool as is full of chlorinated water. Water is inside the screen, cameras etc. Definitely not repairable. Regardless, they’ve made me send it back to them to try to repair, I’ve been waiting for 6 days now without a phone and it still hasn’t been assessed. I told them when filing the claim that I’m going on holiday next week so will need a quick turnaround. Instead I’m going to have to buy a new mobile phone before going because the service just isn’t good enough. Before BarclaysTech Pack changed service providers to Likewize it used to be brilliant. They’d have a new phone out to you the next day, and take away your broken phone at the same time. Now it’s just overpriced and offers awful value. I’ll be cancelling once my claim is settled

“Completely utter disgrace”

written by Rick122 on 22/04/2024

I'm irate with this company, useless service, poor customer service, even a manager call back takes them up to 5 days to be in contact with you, and when you talk to a "manager" your issue is not even near to be resolved. It's taking them 3 working days to analyze documents I could have attached while placing my claim, however, their system do not allow you to do so in any shape or form.

“Absolute shambles! Phone screen smashed on a Thursday...”

written by DanielMoore1985 on 17/04/2024

Absolute shambles! Phone screen smashed on a Thursday with the first available appointment for being fixed being the following Tuesday... fine, but when the repair service turned up he took the phone to his van, came back saying he hadn't got the glass in stock in his van and needed to rebook for the following Tuesday. A week and a half with no phone?! Upon calling Likewise they agreed to replace. Phone turned up the next day being a completely different colour and whats more, spent now 3.5 hours recoving my data with it turning off a fair few times by itself in the process, and now it simply will not turn on at all! I have explained that I use this phone for work. I use android auto for my satnav throughout the day covering an average of 200mls per day, the camera for all work photos, email to send back to the office and multiple work apps throughout the day that I simply without my phone cannot do! This is not acceptable. £14.50 to Barclays and mobile cover since I can remember, now into the 1000s for paid cover and I get sent a phone that SURELY should have been tested long enough to have noticed faulty prior to being sent out?! Now the process starts all over again tomorrow!

“I made a claim for a phone lost.. after 1 day , they...”

written by Miray on 16/04/2024

I made a claim for a phone lost.. after 1 day , they asked to upload 2 documents, which I loaded in the same day.. after that pass 49 days and i still wait for an answer and they said to me each time when i make contact with them the documents still under review

“Fantastic quick and easy”

written by Tonyaherne on 23/03/2024

Having read several bad reviews I only think it’s fair to tell my own experience. Having accidentally dropped my phone from my pocket as I got out of my car at night. Not realizing for 10 minutes when I returned I found it on the ground smashed front and rear. Likely it had been clipped by a passing car. Although still working it had the dreaded white line running across the screen. Barclays insurance company Likewise could not have been better. They talked me through what I needed to do to uninstall the phone. Had it picked up the following day and returned it fully working and as good as new within 5 days. No fuss no excuses and never tried to make the claim difficult for me. Truly amazing service. We all think insurance is a waste of money until the day you need it. Many thanks to all concerned. A very happy customer on his repaired iPhone 15.

“Dreadful, avoid this rip-off”

written by TSMoore on 08/02/2024

Unbelievably awful operation, shame on Barclays for outsourcing their tech pack insurance to the outfit who trades as Likewize. Was sent an obviously used phone to replace my smashed one - this proved almost unusable, kept crashing, camera couldn't focus etc. Sent it back and was told it would cost me £99 excess for a replacement (along with the £14.50 monthly premium of course). Talked to one of their agents on webchat, and he admitted that ALL of their replacement phones are "reconditioned" (ie secondhand)! Cancelled the policy immediately.

“Overall rating: Terrible service”

written by Hutchison230 on 26/12/2023

I completely agree, my phone broke, I contacted the insurance company and they didn't give me any advice regarding my refund! This company is not serious, Barclays Bank is providing a terrible service to its Customers!

Siouani's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2023

Like me I lost my phone in June still saying I need preview usage and every month they take 14:50£
This is not insurance this stillance money any way this cheat insurance

“SHAM ALERT”

written by Messiahd495 on 15/12/2023

This Likewize company is a sham, BARCLAYS BANK, get your reputation back because Likewize is a disgusting, with the Tech Pack, I will advise the general public to refrain from getting anything done with Likewize, they are tricking the general public off and tarnishing the reputation of Barclays.

“Worst company. Totally not recommend to anyone”

written by Hazel34 on 01/12/2023

It is the worst insurance company i had even seen. They didn't even paas nay claim and they even didn't tell anyone what happened. Other companies pass the claim in 3 to 4 days.Its been a 16 days and i didn't get anything. Worst services.

“BARCLAYS TECH PACK INSURNACE - JOKE AVOID”

written by GEODIECRAIG13 on 26/09/2023

absolute joke of an insurance company and amazed barclays are in partnership with such a bunch of jokers - cant replace phone must be sent away for upto 5 days to be repaired - how do you manage without a phone for 5 days?? tech pack ask you to jump through a million hops to make a successful claim and once you have they come up with another half dozen requirements - try to make it as hard as possible to make a claim - taking barclays customers money every month but guarantee leaving millions of customers unhappy and unable to make a successful claim - JOKE AVOID AND SAVE YOUR MONEY

Siouani's Response to GEODIECRAIG13's Review

Written on: 27/12/2023

Witch guarantee you talking about

“Barclays tech pack not covering samsung fold phones”

written by Daniel.Neagu on 20/09/2023

Barclays Insurance Doesn't Cover Fold 3 My Samsung fold 3 has been stole I have tech pack with barclays for 9 years paying every month Tried to claim my insurance and to find out that they don't cover fold 3 phone because for them is not a phone What a stupid thing Avoid this insurance pack from barclays not worth it What's the point to have insurance if it doesn't cover your phone and I didn't even know ChatGPT I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Barclays' insurance for your Samsung Fold 3. It's indeed frustrating when you expect coverage for your valuable device, and it's not included in your insurance policy. It's essential for insurance providers to clearly communicate what they cover to avoid such situations. Thank you for sharing your feedback to help others make informed decisions. User Write me a review with the bellow My Samsung fold 3 has been stole I have tech pack with barclays for 9 years paying every month Tried to claim my insurance and to find out that they don't cover fold 3 phone because for them is not a phone What a stupid thing Avoid this insurance pack from barclays not worth it What's the point to have insurance if it doesn't cover your phone and I didn't even know ChatGPT I had been a loyal customer of Barclays' tech pack insurance for nearly a decade, diligently paying every month for peace of mind. Unfortunately, when the unfortunate event of my Samsung Fold 3 being stolen occurred, my trust in the insurance was shattered. To my astonishment, when I attempted to file a claim, I was informed that the Samsung Fold 3 was not considered a phone by their definition. This left me baffled and frustrated, questioning the logic behind such a limitation. In essence, this experience made me question the very purpose of having insurance in the first place. It was disheartening to discover that my valuable device was not covered, and what's even worse, I had no prior knowledge of this exclusion. In summary, I strongly advise against opting for the insurance pack from Barclays. It's simply not worth it when it fails to provide the coverage you expect and need. Clear communication about what's covered and what's not is vital for any insurance service, and in this regard, Barclays fell short of my expectations.

“Shocking Company”

written by Rachel274 on 05/08/2023

Shocking company!! Completely broke my phone all-together so now i cant even use it at all. Offered me a replacement phone with non genuine apple parts. Ridiculous! Took my phone in for repairs for a smashed screen and now i have no phone as the phone they returned is completely faulty now when it was working fine before. Avoid taking tech insurance out with Barclays! Likewize is the insurance company even worse. They all work together. I hate this company with a passion never experienced such! I dont even know where to start with this company, if you can your better off going somewhere else i guarantee you! Im not sure why my battery and front screen was replaced for a back glass repair. Until now no explanation. Run from this company.

“NEVER purchase Barclays Tech Insurance”

written by AvinashJetwani on 11/07/2023

I recently had a bad experience with Barclays Tech Insurance. I had a battery issue with my phone and contacted their Tech Insurance Support to inquire about a replacement. The support representative confirmed that they would provide an original Apple battery replacement, which was important to me. However, on the day of service, the service technician informed me that they do not provide original Apple battery replacements and that the replacement would be from another company. I immediately canceled my appointment and contacted customer support again, only to be told that they never replace with original parts. This was not mentioned in my initial call with the support representative, who had confirmed that the replacement would be an original Apple battery. I feel cheated and misinformed by this experience and would caution other customers to ask specific questions and confirm all details before purchasing insurance or paying for service charges with Barclays Tech Insurance.

“Total exploit do not use this company! The service is...”

written by OLSTER_1 on 16/05/2023

Total exploit do not use this company! The service is an absolute joke.. they charge me 14.50 a month for the service. I find out my Laptop isn't covered now also due to the new terms and conditions. I lost my phone and they tried to squirm out of honouring my claim after being a loyal customer dor over 15 years. I put the claim in and now there is no option for a cash alternative.. Where there used to be. I had no choice but to accept an exact replacement. Which costs 149 quid including a 30 pounds discount. The unit arrived and it a not even a brand new phone they sent me! The service is a total sham.. I have made multiple complaints but all the say it's in the new terms and conditions. Who needs a 4 year old phone that's used? So I have asked to send the unit back and get a refund plus get last 6 months policy charge back due to the shoddy service I have received. They used to offer a cash alternative or a new version of the phone you have on the policy or equivalent. I feel that 14.50 a month and 149 for a 4 year old used phone is a absolute disgrace.. they should be ashamed . DO Not use this company!

“Do not use--am astonished this is a Barclays service.”

written by Amiya197 on 05/03/2023

This company will do anything to avoid actually paying on their insurance.

“AFTER 14 days i still wait for documents review ”

written by Chris888222 on 14/12/2022

I made a claim for a phone lost.. after 1 day , they asked to upload 2 documents, which I loaded in the same day.. after that pass 14 days and i still wait for an answer and they said to me each time when i make contact with them the documents still under review

Mia0302's Response to Chris888222's Review

Written on: 25/10/2023

which documents did they ask for?

“Barclays complaints is soulless advisor. Would not...”

written by BrittanyCasey on 28/11/2022

Barclays complaints is soulless advisor. Would not listen to my concerns and just ignore me.

“Soulless people ripping others”

written by sidspectiv on 25/10/2022

Most horrible customer experience ever and they've conveniently hung up to avoid answering critical questions about my claims. Never gonna recommend anybody getting tricked by these soulless people ripping others and having good night sleep everyday.

“Wouldn't recommend to worst enemy ”

written by Ziegler203 on 10/10/2022

I have never experienced such poor service in all my life. They have had my daughter's tablet now for over 3 months, they can't give me a date it'll be fixed, made up spurious lies about the damage and what caused it, everything takes 8 weeks and you can never get anyone to ring you back let alone a manager. On my last call the operator very smugly told me when the manager rang and the time..... However I was still on the phone to the original operator at that time so unless they perfected time travel they lied!!! I'm amazed Barclays put their names to this rubbish

Edwarduk1234's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2022

Very true, all these drama of finance fraud check

“Dont do it, whatever you do. ”

written by KeithWhitty on 11/08/2022

So Ive spemt £500+ or so on insurance with Barclays and they changed the excess fee 3,times in 4 yrs from £50 to £100 they had 3 failed pick ups of broken phone, sent it to the wrong service center never told me 24 days later they dont know whwre it is amd no managers call me back amd staff on phones are useless, rude, non empathic and hang up while you wait 30mins on hold. Sometimes thy hang up when you give them your details bit dont have sort code and ac number. No one cares and dont do as ot says on tje packet. American comoany ruined Barclays insurance and staff are pointless amswering phones. They make stuff up and jad to call DPD to get the low down of what happened to my phone. They delivered it but service center say ita not there.

Asked by cap1 on 25th March 2014 Report this content
My phone insurance contract says £25 excess fee, however the claim form requests £50. Do any of you know anything about this? Is it £25 or £50 to get my iPhone4 replaced?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by dee88 on 16th February 2014 Report this content
I recently damaged my phone by accident so went through my barclays insurance.  It was my mistake that I sent to their office and not to their repair centre. Now I don't know what to do as I sent the phone with the claim form :( How can I get it back?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site