Bradgate Brides, Anstey, Leics Reviews

Bradgate Brides, Anstey, Leics - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Nothing to fit my size ”

Written on: 12/05/2017

Absolutely disgusted. ..I visited on Saturday 6th May and being a large lady with curves I was shown some dresses very abruptly and told there was nothing for my size...by a women. .I was not happy to say the least. Another person took over after the mumblings in the back ground by who I can only assume were the owner's? ? Well another lady took over and thank you..she saved the appointment. I did say I would not facebook it as a review and to directly complain..but feel it is in my right to… Read Full Review

“Rude management complete put off to buy a wedding dress ”

Written on: 17/04/2015 by cassyr (1 review written)

When I came to look around the dressers I actually found the manager of the shop very rude and felt she spoke to her staff member's in such vile manner with little respect. I found the wedding dresses and accessories beautiful but very over priced and the mangers manner was absolutely disgusting which was a complete put off. I would not want to buy a dress from her due to her lack of respect for customers and her staff… Read Full Review

“Dreadful Assistants”

Written on: 23/03/2015 by Happyshore (1 review written)

I called into this shop with my daughter who is getting married next year. The first dress she tried on was much too tight, and she told the assistants this. "Oh you'll lose weight" said one assistant. "Of course you will" said the other. When my daughter showed me the back of the dress I pointed to VPL. The assistants looked annoyed and started speaking louder to my daughter, to drown me out. I do understand that is the job of these ladies to sell wedding dresses and if every prospective bride… Read Full Review

“sizzling”

Written on: 30/08/2014 by SandraConnolly (1 review written)

Absolutely rubbish shop ..been on a lot of review sites and gave it a vvisit superb stylists and look after you ...customer friendly not ..pretentious staff looking to sell that's all they do .The owner I think ? is very dismissive and thinks she knows it all I should have had tbe other lady..laughing joking and making it seem enjoyable my experience was horrible… Read Full Review

“robbers”

Written on: 12/08/2012

my daughter went to this shop chose the dress she wanted and left a deposit of £528 ,sadly her wedding fell through, although the dress was not ordered she ask for the deposit to be returned only to be told they would not refund any monies only give credit notes after a year went by we had no reponse from the shop and the manager refused to speak to us we did eventualy get half the money but only threating them with court proceedings because of the cercomstances we decided to cut our losses… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2012

This particular bride came into our salon more than two years before her wedding date even after advising her it was too early. She insisted on trying on and fell in love with a gown. We correctly advised her that it would be discontinued within the next 12 months and she went away and returned with her parents who also loved the gown. They decided to place a 50% deposit to hold the price and to enable her to come back for a remeasure and we were to contact her beforehand if it was discontinued earlier so we could measure and place the order. We do this for the benefit of our brides as some also wish to pay by installements . Please note that If brides are not certain of dates,or measurements due to weight loss etc, gowns should definately not be tried on in any professional salon until 12 months before any wedding date unless they are prepared to place a deposit. Please note that many salons do not allow brides to try on 2 years beforehand and do not contact brides to inform them that any particular gown is being discontinued without a firm deposit. In this instance,many calls were made to arrange a remeasure and no contact was made in return. Eventually we were told of the wedding cancellation and it was advised that the deposit could be utilised within 12 months in full. Six months later we heard from the purchaser asking for the whole amount back. Our terms of business clearly state that only a percentage of the deposit is paid back if the gown is not yet ordered due to the fact that no charge has been made for any appointments and is dependent on the amount of time utilised with a one to one stylist and office procedures.. Please imagine runnng a shop where you spend 4 to 6 hours with a customer , they really wish to have a gown , you do all the work then they change their mind 12 months later? There would not be any bridal salons left in the country to serve all you FAB brides and no where for you to come and select your STUNNING wedding gowns!!! In this instance we gave her back 50% of her deposit willingly and not through court proceedings. These are Trading Standards guidelines wich we abide by. A deposit is there for a reason, to show that the purchaser wishes to order a particular gown and that they are serious about comitting to this choice. I do not know of any shop that you can spend time in, make your selection, place your deposit and then 12 months later ask for your deposit back! VALUE FOR MONEY...? Just ask to see our 10 fullbooks of thank you cards from happy brides..
SUSANNE WILKIE. CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTOR

“ripped off”

Written on: 28/06/2012

a word of caution dont leave a deposit untill your ready for measuring iff any thing goes wrong you wont get your money back in full i made the mistake and lost nearly £300s the y left my daughter in tears with their ruthless ways personly i would give them a miss… Read Full Review

“Awful and insulting”

Written on: 28/06/2011 by Margie11 (1 review written)

I am speechless. I had an appointment on Saturday - really excited, as just booked the wedding venue, etc. I met the "consultant"...she wasn't very warming - quite unfriendly truth be known. She didn't listen to what I was looking for - staight, flattering and strapless. The dresses she was choosing for me really accentuated my hips (a little on the large side - very self concious of). Maybe I'm a little too senstive- but she kept on saying "this for YOUR shape"...I know I'm not a size 10… Read Full Review

“I didn't like this shop - found the staff hoity toity...”

Written on: 27/03/2011

I didn't like this shop - found the staff hoity toity and stand-offish. When asked what I was looking for I felt that I was being told I was too fat for what I wanted. OK, I am more curvy and I accept that, but really is there any need to be so blunt? The dresses they did put me into didn't feel comfortable and weren't even close to the style I want. I felt I was being rush due to the conveyer belt system going on.

To sum up: not impressed… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/03/2011

Bradgate Brides staff are anything but standoffish as the 100's of thank you cards bear witness to that are available for anyone to view within the store or on our web site. We also cannot help the fact that some girls are sensitive about their weight and if you actually read this comment again, our stylist did NOT say this girl was fat, she assumed that herself. Our average size of our bride is a size 16/18 and on the same day as this lady visited one of our brides ordered a size 24 and was extremely comfortable with our stylist Carly. If a larger sized bride does not want constructive advise on which gowns suit them, please do not visit bridal salons at all as you will not find figure hugging fishtails for a size 20 bride in any shop and we will only advise on gowns that will suit the brides shape and to make them feel great on their wedding day. If a bride wishes to not have any advise I would suggest she visits the internet to buy her gown or a discount warehouse store with no assistance at all. We only wish to see genuine brides who are appreciative of our assistance as the 500 or more brides who we do supply gowns for every year are.

Read 1 Comment

“I didn't find this shop particularly special. In my...”

Written on: 25/03/2011

I didn't find this shop particularly special. In my opinion Berketex Bride has much more stylish dresses and are definitely more helpful in there.

The staff were not very accommodating either; I was greeted warmly when I came for my appointment… Read Full Review

“I agree with the poster below - the one who "should be...”

Written on: 21/03/2011

I agree with the poster below - the one who "should be living with her fiance"!!!!. I didn't find the staff particulary helpful and the dresses have been nicer in other shops I have visited. I won't be buying my dress from here either and luckily I have lots of time to look.

I wasn't given any advice on what would suit my frame - I'm 5ft 10 and a size 6-8. I was just given some dresses to try on. Other shops have closed the shop for you and offered you a drink and really made you feel… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2011

Gown selection is objective and Bradgate Brides service over 500 brides per annum so the occasional customer will not be happy.Just by looking at the list of designers ensures a great colection of dresses. 5 out of 500 brides not happy reviews is not bad going actually for customer saisfaction.. Also why should a shop open up when it is obviously out of salon hours? Will the bride pay extra for more staff wages or utilities? Bradgate Brides offer 40 hours a week open times plus late night for convenience on a Wednesday until past 10pm. We do actually open up when needed out of hours but only for brides that have purchased or are definately ordering. Water is always offered and coffee can only be served away from the main bridal salon for obvious reasons. The majority of bridal shops do not offer any refreshments whatsoever.

Read 1 Comment

“Are you kidding would I recommend a friend?????!! NO...”

Written on: 20/03/2011

Are you kidding would I recommend a friend?????!! NO WAY! Staff: unfriendly, cold and ridiculous questions asked...i.e. "are you dreading living with your fiance"? WTF? The dresses were also very chavvy - have seen better in trampy wedding dress factory outlets.

DO NOT GO THERE - you deserve better - it's the best day of your life for goodness sakes!

PS...I had to select a star for this to be printed - it doesn't deserve one… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/03/2011

I do believe that this lady in question obviously has a rather strange taste in bridal gowns if she feels that Enzoni.Maggie Sottero and Benjamin Roberts are (in her words) CHAVVY. Perhaps she would like to inform the 60,000 brides every year in the UK alone that purchase these designer gowns?? Each to their own.

Read 1 Comment

“Considering this is supposed to be the experience of a...”

Written on: 03/02/2011

Considering this is supposed to be the experience of a lifetime for us girlies, the moment you dream of, trying on all the beautiful dresses in preperation for one of the most important days of your life! Well I can honestly say that my experience with this bridal shop was a complete nightmare! I have always thought this was supposed to be the leading bridal shop in Leicestershire. Well they were rude, unhelpful (i had to struggle to put my own veil on)and when I arrived for a 'fit' of my newly… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2011

Absolutely ridiculous comment about the seamstresses of Bradgate Brides..Seamstresses are available from Tuesday to Saturday within the salon at various times. If a bride does not fit in with these appointments the seamstresses kindly offer an evening or Sunday appointment at their own homes and this is when the seamstress list is given out. Storage of gowns is free of charge up to a few weeks after delivery of a gown However if a wedding is 3months or more away from the time of delivery(that the bride has requested), storage is available at £5 per week to cover insurance costs only. This is clearly covered and given to the brides at the time of ordering. At times during the summer months we may have 200 brides gowns on the premises which we feel is a huge responsibility.

Read 1 Comment

“I recently had an appointment at Bradgates Bridal and...”

Written on: 04/10/2009

I recently had an appointment at Bradgates Bridal and it was the most appalling experience. I was advised that a stylist would advise which style suits me and what dress to try on (this is the part of their service). I then told the receptionist person that brides would have an idea of dresses they like and might not like the ones recommended by the stylist. Also because I arrived early, I was told to go for a coffee in the high street. I asked whether I could look at the dresses and was told… Read Full Review