ShopTo Reviews - shopto.net

ShopTo Reviews- shopto.net - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ShopTo Reviews- shopto.net

“Don't bother ”

written by benjilee53 on 27/09/2023

Don't bother. PS5 was delivered with a damaged controller, was sent back and they've had it for two days with no replacement dispatched. Just use Amazon, at least you know it will turn up and will be simple to return/ replace

“AVOID! ITEM NEVER RECEIVED ”

written by KorbinCoffey on 27/11/2022

I ordered a game from ShopTo for Christmas. After a few weeks I realised I never got it and contact them through Facebook messenger. The agent on the other side was incredibly rude and basically told me I was lying and that they will not help in any way. Read the messages I got below and compare them to any other company Please stick to proper retailers and not places like this. A few of the messages include ShopTo: The item was shipped on the 17th of november Me: The royal mail tracking says delivered but I definitely did not get it ShopTo.Net: Ok, if the tracking says delivered, it has been ShopTo.Net: Contact Royal Mail to review the delivery and GPS data if you disagree with their delivered status Me: Yes but I did not get it. I don't know where it was delivered but it wasn't here Me: So basically Shopto is not willing to help in any capacity? ShopTo.Net: We have helped, we shipped your item, via the delivery carrier/method you requested, your delivery carrier has delivered your item ShopTo.Net: If you contact RM and they review and tell you they delivered the item somewhere other than the delivery address, get a report from them and provide it to ourselves Me: No you haven't helped. Every other company helps when mail gets lost or delivered to the wrong address the retailer helps and tries to find out where it went Me: I will contact royal mail but I will also publish this chat online so people can see the tone and nature of shopto's customer service ShopTo.Net: The item has been scanned, by your delivery carrier, upon delivery at the doorstep, the item was delivered nearly 10 days ago Me: I'll record the time of this chat and submit a complaint to your company ShopTo.Net: Please feel free to do as you choose.

“Very disappointing, avoid.”

written by MargaretGraham1958 on 22/01/2021

I back-ordered a PS5 with Shopto. I was very excited about this, and planned to use Shopto for future purchases. However, they baselessly cancelled this order, claiming there were two going to my address. This is categorically not true, so they most likely either made a mistake or are making excuses because they ran out of stock. Dreadful experience, and I now have a complete lack of trust in this company and won't be ordering from them again.

“bad cust service and discrimination”

written by OmideDeinali on 07/01/2021

none existant custoner service An incorrect code was purchased by my son who has learning disabilities, when asked for an exchange of services you refused, even when this exchange would mean me paying you more money. Offered to show medical evidence of my son's disabilities but you still refused an exchange. Bad business practice and discrimination.

“Mutliple charges, no service, unfriendly customer service”

written by ShirleyStrickland on 09/03/2020

Shopto.net charged my Paypal Account multiple times. Unfriendly customer service toldd me they are always right and thats not their problem. I had to delete my Paypal account since they tried to charge it again and again, luckily I froze it immediately. When submitting a negative review on trustpilot, it was immediately removed, assuming they pay for negative reviews to be deleted as soon as possible. Trustpilot did not accept the evidence provided, therefore I hope to warn everybody else on trusted sites like this.

“i orderd a nintendo switch + labo bundle for sons...”

written by mjh1974 on 05/12/2019

i orderd a nintendo switch + labo bundle for sons christmas pressent and only got the switch deliverd, when i contacted them i was told nintendo didnt send them enough and i wasnt going to get it. i just looked on there site and there are the labo in stock. i feel theres nothing i can do about it and am going to have to pay extra now to get the labo elsewhere. Ill never use these again and wouldnt recomend to anyone.

“worst company ever!”

written by kevcon84 on 12/07/2019

This website is terrible, I spent over £700 to become a gold member then they shut down their old site to start a new one and just completely robbed me of my membership and bonuses, then they denied knowing anything about it saying they had everyone's membership details and they will be as they were, which it wasn't, then the staff working for them starting getting aggressive and threatening when I tried to rectify the issue, believe me stay away from this company if this is how they treat their gold members stick to Amazon.

“Poor and misleading”

written by Dave8077 on 08/04/2019

Poor and misleading. Game was advertised as included and not sent. Contacted The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). Rude staff. Dont use.

“A Complete Shambles ”

written by PaulHoo on 26/10/2018

A complete shambles from beginning to end!! Unhelpful, completely clueless and extremely rude staff who tried to be clever, led to an all round awful experience with this company. I definitely will NOT be using them again and will also be warning/advising my friends to use other sites/shops. I only have 1 star because I had to. Avoid as if they had the plague. You will be disappointed!!!! ( only my experience and opinion, others might disagree but I doubt it )

“Delivery in under 24 hours! ”

written by Markspark62 on 24/04/2018

I've bought stuff through Shopto for quite a while now and never been disappointed on price. I purchased a Dualshock Controller from them on Monday lunchtime and I received it the next morning! Bearing in mind I live in the sticks, I think it's pretty good service.....and it was the cheapest I could find! Highly recommend, so I'm not sure why they are getting a few bad reviews. I'll use them again, no problem.

“DONT BUY FROM THERE Pre-order a game that never...”

written by 74Riley on 11/12/2017

DONT BUY FROM THERE Pre-order a game that never arrived for 3 months . I ask for refund & they were like return our item first. I NEVER RECIVE THE DAMN ITEM . SERIOUSLY???

“Launch day failure”

written by philipe704 on 04/03/2017

Failed to receive Nintendo Switch on launch day despite pre ordering back in October 2016. Poor customer service with unhelpful ticketing system where they fail to respond anyway. The single most disappointing online ordering experience I have ever had.

“Absolutely dire experience”

written by scott.james on 01/03/2017

I've used ShopTo.net for years to purchase a variety of games. I hadn't used them for a while to make a purchase, but at the time of my purchase they had Horizon: Zero Dawn (Exclusive Launch Edition!) for the cheapest price, so I thought i'd give it a go. And this is where my problems began. First of all, I couldn't access my account. So I had to call their number, which costs 5p a minute to call, and then I had to wait close to ten minutes for a customer support representative to pick up. I explained that I couldn't access my account, and then the support rep brought to my attention that I had an older account prior to the one I had. I told him that I wanted to keep the account I was trying to access (as I had reward points, etc), and the other could be deleted. I got access to my account, I thought that would be the end of it. Wrong. Log in to my account, to find that I can't change my delivery address. Decided to contact them through support tickets and told them my problem. Their response was to close my account for being a duplicate less than an hour later. Dig through my memory and finally access the older account to find that I can't do anything without confirming my e-mail address, which was not possible due to the e-mail address being deleted years before. So I decided to say 'sod it' and not wanting to pay more money to wait on the phone I looked at their eBay listing for the game, which was a little more expensive but still among the cheapest. I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. ShopTo have listed Horizon on eBay as being the 'Exclusive Launch Edition'. Bare in mind that this exclusive edition comes with DLC codes for items, as stated on their website. So I purchased it. It arrived quickly. With no DLC codes. I have essentially paid over the odds for a Standard Edition that they are promoting as their Exclusive Launch Edition. And they will not rectify the situation. Their excuse is that they do not promote the codes on eBay as it is for their website only, but at the same time, they do not explicitly state that no codes will be received either. So people would be of the belief that their 'Exclusive Launch Edition' would come with those codes. But no. Standard Edition for me and every other poor sucker who thought they were getting something more. I wouldn't care as much if there was even a different cover. But no. It is a complete and utter Standard Edition being paraded as something else. Complete and utter farce dealing with ShopTo culminating in this final kick to the teeth. You can be damn sure I won't be back. SDN: SDN765169

“Poor Customer Services, Rude, Misleading and Fail To...”

written by B_Britcliffe on 17/02/2017

One of the worst experiences I have had with a business. My Game arrived and wasn't correct, I asked for a refund and got a label and got it signed for del. Weeks went by where it said pending refund and asked them.. Never got a reply. I checked the royal mail was signed for and delivered, never got a refund and never had a reply. The staff on their facebook page are terrible, don't reply and when they do they reply with an arrogant response.

“Awful uncaring customer service, happy to upset children”

written by russmichaels on 04/01/2017

I ordered a PS4 for my 10 year old son for XMAS. The included headset was missing, which he wanted to play online with his friends. ShopTo refused to offer any solution to this other than to send back the entire order, leaving my son without his XMAS present, as well as losing all his gave saves and progress that he has achieved over xmas. I did explain that this was not acceptable and I was not prepared to upset my son by doing this to him, but they did not care. Obviously, this is a ridiculous over the top and unwarranted solution just for the sake of a headset which I was not prepared to accept, I have had to just suck it up and have had to order a replacement headset at my own cost. I had suggested they could just take one out of another box and send that, they refused. I also suggested they could send a different 3rd party headset instead, they refused to do that also. So I am clearly not impressed with the apathetic customer service and attitude.

“Deceptive and misleading”

written by cableddsxe on 28/11/2016

Placed an order for an item, the item came into stock but my bank had insufficient funds. I logged into shopto immediately and made payment for the item while the order was still active. Despite the order being active, within a day of paying the order changed to a backorder. I contacted customer services and was greeted rather bluntly and in a completely unhelpful manner. Needless to say my problem is not solved and I am left nearly £400 out of pocket for an item that will not be in stock until after Christmas. I would absolutely advise caution when pre-ordering from shopto. I honestly wish I had used Game instead.

“Preorder not arrived”

written by zeteckai on 21/10/2016

I preordered a game months before release date, game released and it didn't arrive, I rung shop to and was told I need to wait 15 days to make a claim!! What on earth, I preordered to have it on release date, there website guarantees to have it delivered for release date or a refund/ 5 pound back yet I wasn't offered anything just told I need to wait 15 days, no apology or anything just told that's how it is, very upset, I'm now stuck without my game and I can't go to the shop to buy either as I need to wait 15 days for my money back.

“Preorder not arrived”

written by zeteckai on 21/10/2016

“Cheapest price online easy to register and very fast...”

written by 483Turner on 19/12/2015

Cheapest price online easy to register and very fast delivry. Would use again and recommend to friends.

“FANTASTIC SERVICE!”

written by rjWebster465 on 16/12/2015

Recently, I ordered Battlefield 4 for XboxOne from Amazon because it was the cheapest price but unfortunately it was out of stock. With Christmas looming I decided to cancel and order from ShopTo despite it costing a little more. Within 10 minutes of ordering I received an email notification that my order had been completed and was ready for despatch. With Christmas around the corner I wasn't expecting the game to arrive for a few days and I received it next day. Absolutely fantastic. One less thing to worry about. I was disappointed to read some reviews saying they'd had an unpleasant experience with ShopTo. I've used them several times over the last couple of years and every time they've been wonderful. I will certainly use them again in the future.