Suzuki Splash Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Suzuki Splash - Ask a question now

“Clever design - Solid build”

written by Lynton Susman on 13/06/2015

Bought this December 2012 1.00 litre SZ2 in May 2015 with 19,500 miles on the clock. My wife had previously purchased the Vauxhall version, the Agila, a couple of months earlier and I was so impressed with her new car, that I decided to search for one for myself. Couldn't seem to find the right Agila, but found a lovely white Splash at Bristol Street Motors in Mansfield. The Splash replaces the old Wagon R, but retains the same higher ride (no matter how tall you are)and practicality ethos. The Splash has the spacious feel of a much bigger car and with a massive "seats folded" capacity, it beats hands down, most in its class. The Splash boasts good equipment level, electric mirrors, central locking, adjustable steering wheel, heated mirrors - all standard. The little 3 cylinder engine is quiet, responsive and with a little practice, very frugal with my average fuel consumption (mostly around town), displaying 51 mpg. On the road the car feels solid and very sure footed. Brakes are powerful and the steering is light and precise, without compromising "feel." If there is a slight downside, the dealership had to make prep' repairs to quite a few "front end" stone chips. I would imagine the paintwork on metallic versions would be a little more forgiving, as they are finished with a protective coating of lacquer.