Samsung G800 Reviews

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Samsung G800 - Ask a question now

“I had this Samsung G800 phone for 11 months before it...”

written by lePobz on 08/06/2009

I had this Samsung G800 phone for 11 months before it broke (the display would disappear and become scrambled). The 'optical zoom' function never worked properly, which is a shame as it is one of the major 'selling points' of the phone. The phone on the whole was OK, but lacked features that are standard amongst other phones at the same price point (GPS / touch screen). Overall, a good phone but not one i'd recommend.

“I've owned this Samsung G800 phone for 13 months and...”

written by The BFG on 16/03/2009

I've owned this Samsung G800 phone for 13 months and I'm counting the days to an upgrade. The middle button (menu) is on its way out, the 'up' button has already gone. I may be heavy on the buttons but my old Samsung Z500 lasted two and a half years before the buttons started to stick slightly.

The camera may have optical zoom but I've rarely been able to get a good picture. The merest hint of hand movement will cause it to be blurred and if you want anti-shake you have to go into the settings every time. Don't bother with the manual, it is far too small and misses out too much information (a problem that is apparently infecting almost all Samsung mobiles). If you know your way around a phone then you'll probably be ok but if you need help you're better off with a search engine.

Overall this phone has been ok, it performed the basics well but I wouldn't expect any less. There are no features on this phone that you can't find on almost every other phone and they'll probably do them better in my opinion.

“”

written by sherry3 on 10/03/2009

“Samsung G800. i have now had this fone for 14 months...”

written by on 19/01/2009

Samsung G800. i have now had this fone for 14 months and cannot wait for my upgrade, the reception is terrible, i literally have to walk around my house to find a signal (my family are all on the same network and they dont have this problem!) User interface pretty easy and nice and loud for ringtones

“Samsung G800 is a superior 3G phone which comes with...”

written by hareshprasad on 25/12/2008

Samsung G800 is a superior 3G phone which comes with high quality camera features. camera comes with a xenon flash & an auto focus which makes the photo results so clear & well focused for the user when they are taking a shot. classy design, goodlooking high quality phone, The interface is very fast, the fasted I've seen on a phone. Voice quality is excellent however the ringtone, speaker phone and music player applications could be louder.

“A tank of a phone, good for those of us who are a bit...”

written by bashstreetkid on 23/12/2008

A tank of a phone, good for those of us who are a bit clumsy and who tend to drop lighter and more slippery phones. Very robust - a few accidental drops have had no affect at all. The keypad lock is extremely annoying and unnecessary on a phone where the keypad is protected by the sliding screen - each time you want to do ANYTHING on the phone you have to press a key to unlock the keypad then another to confirm - I thought this wouldn't matter but in practice I find it so annoying that it has made me hate the phone. The camera takes very dark photos - no comparison with my previous Sony Ericsson.

447445_Smayberry's Response to bashstreetkid's Review

Written on: 13/03/2009

CHANGE THE ISO SETTING AND THE BRIGHTNESS AND THE PHOTOS ARE SPOT ON

“I like the Samsung G800 style, it's reliable, and the...”

written by lynnblackmore on 29/09/2008

I like the Samsung G800 style, it's reliable, and the battery life is fantastic, hardly ever goes down below 1 bar and I use it loads! The speaker is very good quality and good clear sound which I'm really fussy about. Good quality pictures from the 5MP camera, all in all it's the best phone I've ever had, (so far)! Yeah, go get this phone, it's really great!

Lynn, from Devon

“The Samsung G800 is a decent phone and looks very...”

written by on 26/09/2008

The Samsung G800 is a decent phone and looks very nice. It is a bit chunky but i like chunky i used to hate Samsung phones like this one, changed my thoughts on Samsung. It is not the most functional phone, it has no wifi no gps still shots are full of it. It cant play avi formats. I know it can play mpeg and mp4 don't know what other formats it can play.

“In my opinion there are no good points about the...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 17/06/2008

In my opinion there are no good points about the Samsung G800 phone I have had nothing but trouble with it since I got it!! It over heats, switches its self off and the camera is rubbish, it can't take pictures very well in the dark or even dusk the flash doesn't always want to work. The screen freezes all the time and the memory allowance on it is again rubbish.. Oh and it only charges when it feels like it!!

I would not recommend this phone to anyone it is chunky, heavy and not worth the money!

“I really like this Samsung G800. It is just like an...”

written by Miss Piggy on 10/03/2008

I really like this Samsung G800. It is just like an upgraded Samsung D600 as it has a great camera, easy to use and has a fantastic addictive slide action. I also like the shininess of it and the great bis screen but it is quite chunky compared to other phones at the moment.

Miss Piggy's Response to Miss Piggy's Review

Written on: 30/04/2008

I dropped and broke my Samsung G800 which was a shame. I though it would be more like the D600 was - indestructible. I must say I am kind of glad now as I now got the LG Viewty Purple which is far cooler.