Garmin nuvi 250 Reviews

Garmin nuvi 250 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Garmin nuvi 250

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I thought for £180 quid I would get a better product...”

Written on: 16/11/2009

I thought for £180 quid I would get a better product than my previous Navman. I was wrong. My old Navman was £99. and very good. I would not recommend this nuvi sat nav as it often sends you ona wild goose chase, has painfully tedious menus, entering destinations for example is tiresome. The voices are poorly programmed with speech impediments and poor pronounciaion. All in all rather poor and to be avoided as there are some really good systems out there for the same money or less… Read Full Review

“The sad thing is the garmin nuvi is a great looking...”

Written on: 04/08/2009 by telsreviews (6 reviews written)

The sad thing is the garmin nuvi is a great looking little unit. I like the size, the weight, it was easy to use and looked great on the windscreen. Unfortunately the mapping, among many other things, was horrendous!
- the map routing left me with serious doubts. I drove on roads that I'm not even sure were fit for cars. I now see where all the stupid 'I nearly drove off a cliff in the dead of night' stories come from.
- the verbal instructions weren't timely enough (either too late or too… Read Full Review

“in general Garmin nuvi 250 is 'okay' - it might be my...”

Written on: 12/04/2009 by lucy martin (1 review written)

in general Garmin nuvi 250 is 'okay' - it might be my luck to need particular places that aren't accurate. it can go wonky in mid-stream, where I know where I am going but suddenly 'recalculation' occurs. I regularly plug it into my PC and supposedly it needs no updates but i beg to differ… Read Full Review

“I am a surveyor and make several visits a day all over...”

Written on: 20/03/2009 by edulfing (3 reviews written)

I am a surveyor and make several visits a day all over the North West of England. I think the problem with The Garmin Nuvi 250 is that the postcode data seems to me to be incomplete, it doesn't know about 20% of the addresses I put in and if it does recognise the postcode it seems quite likely to take me somewhere just round the corner. It also has a peculiar method of keying in addresses.
So if you just want a satnav to use once in a while to get from one town to another then this is probably… Read Full Review

“Although I liked the screen on my Garmin nuvi 250,...”

Written on: 02/06/2008

Although I liked the screen on my Garmin nuvi 250, ease of programming and loudness of voice, I found it look ages to locate a signal which made it a waste of time if you are starting off from an inner city location… Read Full Review

Twincam's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2008

Some windscreens have alot of lead in them [mainly french cars]. Which makes it hard for the sat navs to locate a signal also windscreens that have heated elements in them, can make it hard to pick up a signal.

Bigphatwhale's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2009

I agree with this review because...I've had simialr problems

Twincam's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2008

I disagree with this review because...
<br/>I have a 250 nuvi and my mate and a cousin of mine, also have them and they are great. None of these problems the person is on about have happend to us.

Read 3 Comments