Top Cashback Reviews - www.topcashback.co.uk

Top Cashback www.topcashback.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Top Cashback www.topcashback.co.uk

Top Cashback www.topcashback.co.uk

“Any excuse under the sun...”

Written on: 25/06/2019 by nick_uklive (1 review written)

If I could give a zero rating, I would. Total sham - never pay out what you expect, make it as difficult to pay-out as possible. My experience was terrible, expecting £50 pay out, ended up with £37 after a 3 month battle with them. If you have hours of free time, then this is for you. If not, don't bother… Read Full Review

Topcashback's Response to nick_uklive's Review

Written on: 26/06/2019

Hi,

We promise our members to pass on the commission we receive and I am sorry if the amount we received was not as you expected it to be.

You say we use any excuse under the sun, when it's these reasons why you haven't been paid the full amount of cashback and if you wish to ignore them you will likely have the same happen in the future.

For example, if the commission had to be split up between different companies we're not going to be able to pass on the full amount we shown as we haven't been paid that but something like this is easily prevented.

We can't force the retailer to pay out when they're tracking network don't believe we are eligible for the full funds and I am sorry if you think this should happen.

I am happy that you made a purchase you needed to make any way and you gained £37 you would have otherwise thrown away if you didn't click through from our site.

Read 1 Comment

“Avoid as terrible customer service and they avoid...”

Written on: 16/04/2019 by legenddog (1 review written)

Where do I start. For a long time now I have been chasing cashback and topcashback come up with a wide variety of excuses. Strangely, if you contact the companies direct they inform you they have paid or it is topcashback and then the companies say they will pay you direct to be sure and remarkably you get the cashback. Therefore, something not right somewhere. Do not trust any estimated times of payment by the companies and do not trust topcashback as they do not pay. I would give them no… Read Full Review

Topcashback's Response to legenddog's Review

Written on: 15/05/2019

Hey,

The companies literally just pay the commission, they don't decide who to. They make sure the purchase is legit and hasn't been cancelled and then the tracking network distributes this.

Understanding the declined reason is key to avoiding it in the future and so I am sorry you wish to not believe what the team is advising you. If the commission has been paid elsewhere, it's because their cookie is more prominent on your device. It's easy to avoid by following our tracking advise.

The estimates payable time frame is generated based on factual statistics. It's automatically created looking at how long the retailer takes on average to progress the cashback from pending to payable.

We pay out millions each year to our members. While I am sorry you have had cashback declined or waited longer than originally expected it is disappointing you have taken the opportunity to try and suggest we don't help members. We can't gurantee we will bring you the outcome you would like when you get in touch but that's doesn't mean we're a bad company or one that doesn't do what it promises.

Legendog866's reply to Topcashback's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2019

Thank you.

I think you need to talk to your companies you get cashback from as I have evidence the company has paid and your company has not!
Please also read the other negative reviews as well where your company has declined payments as your companies excuse is 'tracking' which is a poor excuse when some people have evidence it has.
I would urge people to contact the CEO's of companies if you do not pay and find out what has happened as I did and they have now confirmed they will pay me direct (result).

Topcashback's reply to Legendog866's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2019

If you could reach out to us and mention it's for the attention of Matt, I will certainly look into your concerns as if we have been paid this, you are more than welcome to the money.

Read 3 Comments

“Keep an eye on your account.”

Written on: 12/12/2018

The following review is based upon my own experience and is from my own opinions. Big cashback amounts will likely be refused with no real explanation, they tell you that you did something wrong but don't tell you what, then contradict themselves frequently. Smaller cashback amounts will only track 50% of the time and if you use your account a lot, like near Christmas, unless you keep a good eye out, you'll not notice half of them not tracking. Customer service is appalling! In my experience… Read Full Review

Topcashback's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2018

It is disappointing to hear you wish to close your account.

Bad tracking is not just bad for you and it's not bad for us as can be seen by this negative review you have posted about us.

Can we stop purchases going untracked? Not really because things will only track if you tick the right boxes. Can we help and advise you on how to improve tracking? We certainly can.

TopCashback, nor any cashback site can force the rules in their favor, but by completing steps such as clearing cookies before logging in you can help our site be recorded as the last referrer which is what triggers payment.

We are paid this money in the form of a commission payment and these commission payments aren't given time frames. However, the fairest thing to do is to award everyone their money when we are awarded it.

We asked our member base if they'd rather have no info on the time frame this may take or if they'd rather we calculate an estimate for them based on real factual information and they said they would prefer that and so that's what we did. We can't promise every purchase gets paid within this time frame as it's a statistical calculation based on evidence but it is the best we can provide.

It is disappointing you feel moving to another cashback site is going to solve the issues you point out in this review as they have to use the same processes as us. The likeliness is you'll be affected by the same things there too at one point or another. However, I hope the info here has helped you avoid issues going forward and explained the process of cashback a little more.

“Still waiting!”

Written on: 08/12/2018 by davebythechannel (2 reviews written)

Took out a policy promising £150 cashback within an estimated three month period. It is now NINE MONTHS later and the cashback still has not even moved to confirmed. Customer care seem unwilling to chase as the substance of the replies to my monthly chasers is simply 'hang on a while longer'. Yet my wife took out the same policy a week before me and she received her cashback several months ago. Why such a disparity?… Read Full Review

Topcashback's Response to davebythechannel's Review

Hi,

There can be a disparity if the retailer or their network don't believe we're eligible for the cashback.

Rather than just give up we'll fight your corner and do our best to assist and this will mean keeping a claim open until we get a reply from the retailer.

This is quite the opposite of not caring or not worrying about your claim. We're doing it because we want a response and a positive response at that.

I hope we do get a result soon so we can resolve this for you.

Best wishes, Matt

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 13/04/2018 by BrockVega (1 review written)

Trying to get a response about a missing claim from this company is futile. Three emails and still nothing. I won't be using them again, Quidco beats them hands down… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2018

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that because a tracking network hasn't replied to us about an individual claim we are not as good as a different company.

The chances of this exact situation being reflected on another cashback are the same chances as it happening through us as we believe they have to follow the same process as us. The tracking network doesn't have any sort of secret code of conduct to reply to them first which is what would be needed if it's truly the case they get responses faster. They have to reply to us all as soon as they can.

With a lot of claims on our site they are resolved within the time frames we estimate. However, if it's not we then have a decision. To decline the claim with no outcome or to keep on perusing.

The better option for you is to keep it open. We understand this means a longer wait but at least then we are still arguing your case to try and get the cashback for you, rather than just give up on it.

We strongly feel the quickest option is rarely the best one to provide the best outcome we can for you.

Read 1 Comment

“They make money ....but have no interest in paying you!”

Written on: 12/09/2017 by moby79 (34 reviews written)

I joined Topcashback for a year now and have used for one insurance and one credit card claim for which they paid out after 3 months. Then I did some home insurance and another credit card and they have not paid out. They state from the point you submit a claim for none payment the claims team can take 3 months plus to resolve as they have to contact the retailer to see if they received a request for the purchase via there link , which I clearly used. I have also been advised that no cashback… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to moby79's Review

Written on: 06/10/2017

Hi,

Most of your disappointment appears to come from cashback not being guaranteed.

I'd first like to point out that although this is the case cashback will be paid for eligible transactions. Cashback won't be paid if either the terms of the cashback are not met or if we were not recognised as the last referrer. This is based on the cookie credited with the purchase and this does not necessarily reflect you clicking through our site and purchasing.

If you believe cashback should be paid we do have the claims process there to try and recoup this money and for a lot of claims, we are able to overturn the decision.

Written on: 09/10/2017

I understand how your process works and clearly have the intelligence to know that I am eligible for two purchase transactions as I have met the terms and you are not able to track these from your end even though I followed the correct process so no negligence from my side .
Your process of tracking is shocking as mine has been outstanding well above 5 months and the most recent is new but I have no hope that will be resolved either .
When I have chased up about this you tell me it could take several months, no reassurance to the customer and your business model is not attractive to the customer but to you as a compnany so please don't patronise me and make out it is my fault or oversight .
Your rating are very low as per other reviews so that's a statement within itself!

Topcashback.co.uk's reply to Moby79's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2017

Hi,

I can assure you I am not saying it's your fault. However, I am trying to help you to try and reduce the chance of it happening.

We can't prevent a transaction from tracking, there's nothing we can do from our end to improve your tracking - similar to other cashback sites. However, what we can do is explain how transactions track and what you can do to improve them.

We do not receive many reviews on this platform and therefore it doesn't reflect the wider experience of our members. Even so, 3.7 / 5 I certainly wouldn't say reflects a bad service. In addition, we have won the award for best cashback site 2016 and 2017 - something I am sure you will agree wouldn't be awarded to a company that provides a bad service.

Written on: 11/10/2017

Well what I do know is one transaction being processed and someone leaving a positive review is not accurate on your overall performance and delivery , most industries do this to show how effective and customer focused they are. So you 3.5 is not a true reflection on your reviews as per other platforms used either .
Your responses have been indirect and on no way been helpful as you put it.
If your business model does not allow you to track transactions with a retailer then that clearly indicates it's a very poor way to conduct business . You should not be permitted to trade under these circumstances!

Topcashback.co.uk's reply to Moby79's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2017

Hi,

As explained no cashback site tracks cashback, we are a commission source like the other cashback sites that pass the commission back to you. We're not tracking networks who are a very different area of the commission earning process.

I'm afraid by posting a review and not speaking with us directly means we are unable to look into your account, support tickets or transactions and therefore we can only be very indirect in the support we can offer.

If you would like some further in-depth advise I would advise speaking to the customer care team via the website.

Written on: 16/10/2017

I have raised tickets dating over six months and no updates.
As I said before and say it again you are very badly organised and do not deliver what you say you will due to one reason or another.
I have followed through your support ticketing system as no other means of communication only to receive standard response to wait as no further help can be provided .
I am sure no customer wants to wait months on end just because the transaction is not showing or tracking correctly as this beats the whole point of using the website .

Read 6 Comments

“Royal london”

Written on: 13/06/2017 by Kyson337 (1 review written)

Took out insurance.was told payable 12 weeks.Then went to 39weeks.Then the amount amount went from £90.00. To£21.00.Got a load of from topcashback.Don't touch either with a bargepole especially topcashback as they are spivs… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/06/2017

Hey,

I am sorry to hear your cashback reduced. I would advise you to lodge a missing cashback claim for this so we can raise it with the tracking network.

We will always pass over to you the amount we are paid and I am sorry if in your case it was lower than expected.

Read 1 Comment

“Don't Pay Cashback On Orders - Awful Customer Service!”

Written on: 17/04/2017 by Brewerro126 (1 review written)

Way too hard to get your cash back. If you ever have to lodge a claim it takes MONTHS to ever get anything back!! The only times I've received cashback is when I've jumped through a thousand and one hoops... sending proof of my purchases etc. Otherwise they don't pay you your dues. They keep the cashback from retailers for themselves. It takes so long to get money available from transactions you forget you even did them and then I realized my cash back was randomly declined or just… Read Full Review

Hey Brewerro126 ,

When cashback is not initially successfully, like other cashback sites we have the claims process to go back to the network. This process is not instant and we explain to members this right before they lodge a claim.

We send batches of claims to the network and so does other commission sources. As we are challenging a decision already made each claim needs to be manually processed by the network. This can take time and we ask you to allow 12-16 weeks for this to happen.

I would like to make clear that TopCashback does not keep money from merchants. We are a 100% cashback site and will pay the cashback we are due.

Laura44's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2017

I am having the the same difficulty. Waited since November 2016 for cashback from car insurance purchased through this site. It has been 'o n ice', 'with the merchant' and today I've been told I've got to wait another 18 weeks for it to be 'payable'. It'll be 10 months before I'm paid, and I'm not confident I will be.

I've reported them to the Financial Ombudsman. It's totally misleading. You can't get hold of them unless you make a 'claim'. Terrible service. I don't think the majority of their positive reviews are genuine, they all sound scripted and fake. I'll be ringing my car insurance tomorrow for clarity on how it actually works with these types of website. STAY CLEAR OF TOP CASHBACK!

Laura44's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2017

Written on: 11/05/2017

Same experience here. They keep fobbing you off with excuses. In the vast majority of cases with TopCashback I never did get my cashback. This is despite me doing everything possible to ensure there were issues such as clearing cookies, turning off any ad blockers etc. etc.

I am now using another cashback service. While it doesn't pay as much cashback, I always receive it from the other service. So I'm quids in by far.

TopCashback are a highly suspicious outfit. As so many other people are saying, they don't pay the cashback they promise.

Written on: 22/04/2017

I am sorry to hear that you have been having the same problems as me. I purchased car insurance via them nearly TEN months ago and still have not been paid. When you write to them to ask where the money is they just keep telling you either to wait longer or fob you off with excuses. The insurance has turned out to be more expensive for me because I factored in the cashback to bring the price down. They are now telling me that they do not actually guarantee cash back! To me this is a false inducement to sell and false advertising. Don't buy car insurance via this site!

Written on: 24/04/2017

Hello Veggieboy64,

TopCashback passes on the money is awarded, in order to pass on we need to be paid the money first and sometimes it can take some time.

We do explain to members that we can only pay them until we are paid and therefore I am sorry if you feel us explaining this to you as fobbing you off.

I would urge you to not make purchase decisions based on expected cashback, this is reflected on all merchant pages on our site. The idea is you find the best deal and then earn cashback on top.

Read 6 Comments

“ unless they pay me the £10 for referring a friend,...”

Written on: 08/03/2017 by lenylev (4 reviews written)

unless they pay me the £10 for referring a friend, who earned some cashback. I didn't use their site for a short while following problems with my cashbacks, then I emailed customer service several times enquiring about my money referral but never had a reply. I guess they want to hold on to my money. … Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to lenylev's Review

Hello lenylev,

Please ensure you are using the official means of communications and not using emails we send emails to you from as these are unmonitored. The official routes of communication are via support ticket.

We do pay tell a friend bonuses when the friend has used your link to join and once they have earned £10 eligible payable cashback.

We will happily pay this if both terms are met and therefore I kindly ask you to raise a support ticket and not use emails to try and get in touch about this.

Read 1 Comment

“More headache than it is worth... Avoid”

Written on: 15/02/2017 by North429 (1 review written)

Aside from sometimes having to wait 6-8 months for cash back to become payable, you will be lucky to actually be paid any more than maybe 60% of all of your transactions! The other 40% will dissapear from your account followed by a standard list of excuses such as you have used a voucher code, you havent cleared cookies, you have used a different website, you have used a pop up window blah blah blah. I would appreciate it more if they just said look mate, we are having your pants down, that… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/02/2017

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you have had some unsuccessful cashback. What I would like to firmly assure you is if we get paid for your cashback you will also be paid it.

There are plenty of commission sources out there that keep part of your commission, we are different, We are a cashback site that passes on at least 100% of the cashback and have no intention of deviating away from that.

However, we do have to understand that sometimes we're not eligible for the commission, either due to it being paid to another company or the purchase made breaching the terms and conditions of the cashback.

We ask members not to use the cashback to offset the costs of a purchase or take it into account when making purchasing the decisions. The idea is you find the best deal and then you earn cashback on top.

We are proud of the support our members provide us, unfortunately this isn't reflected on this review site. We are also very proud to have been awarded the Best Cashback Site of the Year 2016 and 2017, both of these I firmly believe reflect our value in fair play and offering our members the best experience possible. Some cashback is successful and we appreciate those times are frustrating but we work with our members and not against them to help them reduce the chance of this happening in the future as we want our members to earn that cashback.

Written on: 11/05/2017

Written on: 17/04/2017

Same experience here with TopCashback. They don't pay you your dues. They keep the cashback from retailers for themselves.

It takes so long to get money available from transactions you forget you even did them and then I realized my cash back was randomly declined or just disappeared.

Too much of a hassle when there are other, much better cash back sites!

Customer service is awful. As you say, they do everything possible to avoid paying you the cashback that they promise you'll get.

Written on: 21/04/2017

This is not the case Adelecardiff.

There are plenty of sites who earn commission without members knowing and keep it all for themselves. If we wanted to be a site like that we could be but we are proud of being a 100% cashback site and will pay our members the funds we are paid.

However, it's important to understand not every purchase will be eligible for cashback. It's important to bear in mind each merchant's cashback bands and terms and conditions and also to follow advice such as clearing cookies and cache to help reduce another company being paid instead of us.

Read 4 Comments

“TopCashback are shockingly bad and don't pay cashback!”

Written on: 18/01/2017 by 34House (1 review written)

TopCashback use different strategies to stop people receiving their cashback earnings. Check the huge number of reviews here and on other review websites where people are endlessly complaining about Top Cashback not giving them their cashback. I've had a nightmare experience with Top Cashback, who have repeatedly tricked us out of our cashback earnings, even though we are we do not have ad or clookie blockers installed and we've not lost a penny via other cashback websites. The customer… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/02/2017

Hi,

I am sorry you feel we do not provide the service you expected. We recently won the best Cashback Site of the year for the 2nd year at the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards and are very proud of this. We feel this shows how we are a fair cashback site that pays it's members the cashback once we are paid.

TopCashback will always pay it's member's the cashback TopCashback is paid for their transaction. Sometimes we're not eligible for that cashback and when this happens we do have to pass this decision on to our members as we are a 100% cashback site.

The money members earn is there for them and not us. There are plenty of cashback sites out there that do keep part of the cashback and we are not one of these. Our Customer Service Staff are there to assist but I am afraid if it's decided by the networks and merchants we won't be paid the cashback that is a decision our team must re-iterate.

“Truly awful”

Written on: 29/12/2016 by 261Kenny (1 review written)

Impossible to contact. Waffly, unhelpful information under FAQ's fails to explain why they are sitting on authorised money. Join by all means but be prepared to wait forever for any payment. I've waited so long I had to pay another year's membership… Read Full Review

Bsmith99's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2017

Similar experience here.

TopCashback are a joke outfit. They don't track sales and make it as difficult as possible for you to get your cashback.

Avoid avoid avoid!

Written on: 22/04/2017

You are not alone. I've had the same problems. Still waiting for my cash back TEN months later. Just get excuses from customer service. Will not be using them again.

Written on: 17/04/2017

completely agree. Topcashback don't pay out. They mess you about for months and keep the cashback from merchants for themselves!

“EIGHT MONTHS NO PAYOUT”

Written on: 16/12/2016 by 1975Sandoval (1 review written)

TopCashBack like alot of other companys start out with great intentions and maintain high standards...for a while. Then, they start to get more and more commission and then the problems begin. They start taking on companys with scandelous reviews to get MORE commission. If they took time out of coin counting to check these reviews from customers or indeed used independant review sites, it would be obvious how bad, and thus unlikely to pay out these companys are. But they dont. I have now been… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/12/2016

Hi,

We are a 100% cashback site and this means every penny we get for your transaction we pass it on. Therefore more transactions just means more members earning cashback. We have and do remove merchants that are clearly abusing the commission earning system. However, we need to luck at the wider picture when making these decisions. For example, some members may ask us to remove a merchant because they used a voucher code and had their cashback declined. That certainly wouldn't be fair on the merchant as it states before clicking through that cashback won't be paid if one is used.

The idea of earning cashback is you decide who you want to purchase with, you then go through us to earn some money back on that purchase. Using this basis a member should never be out of pocket.

TopCashhback Support

Bsmith99's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2017

You don't pay 100% of cashback, so stop telling porkies. You do deals with merchants whereby you receive a share of the money they pay you for yourselves.

Secondly, you use trick after trick to stop people receiving their cashback. Check the huge number of reviews here and on other review websites where people are endlessly complaining about Top Cashback not giving them their cashback.

The customer service staff at TopCashback are abysmal and there only job is to avoid paying you a penny in cashback so that this company and its advertisers can line their own pockets.

Written on: 22/04/2017

Same here mate, been waiting ten months for cash back on car insurance. They hook you in with promises of cash then just don't bother living up to the promise. False advertising in my opinion.

Read 3 Comments

“6 months for cashback and still waiting!”

Written on: 28/11/2016 by CharlesHP (2 reviews written)

Topcashback calls itself the most generous cashback site. Well that as may be .... if they actually paid it! I bought something in May 2016 and it was tracked. However the shop (who is listed by topcashback as "faster paying") still hasn't paid it. No reason given why not and it's still showing "pending". Every time I e mail Topcashback they waive responsibility by saying that they are chasing and that there is nothing they can do. Well if they threatened the shop with removing them from the… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to CharlesHP's Review

Written on: 20/12/2016

Hey,

I am sorry to hear your cashback has not been paid for yet. Faster paying is a title used when a merchant pays for cashback within 14 days. However, what faster paying merchants can't do is override their validation period this could open up the potential for members to cancel their orders and still get paid cashback.

TopCashback do pay members as fast as it's paid the cashback however, that's not to say we don't do anything. We do have a team that works with the network to ensure merchants progress the cashback as soon as possible.

It wouldn't be fair for us to remove a merchant for not paying cashback within the same period of time they have taken in the past. While we do and have removed merchants who do not pay cashback we also have to be fair to those merchants and look into the wider picture.

Read 1 Comment

“used to love Topcashback but now extreemly dissapointed”

Written on: 17/10/2016 by Tmooha10 (1 review written)

I am in my third year of successfully using top cash back. I have been very pleased with things until recently. I am currently in dialogue with a senior customer service agent regarding some cash back that it currently not tracked on my account. I am frustrated because it took an email to the CEO before a senior agent was assigned and other than that the CEO has ignored my request to chat about my problem. The retailer concerned categorically (and specifically) confirms to me that they have… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to Tmooha10's Review

Written on: 19/10/2016

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling so positive towards our site than you used to.

When the merchant pays the commission, it gets passed on to the cashback network who then batch up the payment and pass it on to us. We're not aware of the speed of this part of the process as we only know when the cashback network pays us. We are only able to tell members when we ourselves have been paid and if this hasn't happened unfortunately we are unable to progress the cashback.

We completely understand waiting for cashback can sometimes be frustrating but it's also not sustainable to pay out for all cashback that is paid slower than a merchant's average payout speed.

Read 1 Comment

“Fabulous! Money for nothing!!”

Written on: 15/09/2016 by LeilaDuffy1980 (1 review written)

Topcashback is great! For anything you would normally buy online just go to the site through topcashback and receive money in your account for doing nothing! You can then either choose gift cards or for the money to be transferred direct to your bank account… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/09/2016

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you enjoy the mass amount of different payout methods we have, we are always looking to enhance these for our members.

I hope you continue to enjoy earnings lots of cashback on your everyday purchases.

Read 1 Comment

“Totally useless waste of time.”

Written on: 14/08/2016 by Printerman7 (1 review written)

I have tried to claim my cashback of over £45 several times without success. They do not have a telephone number, so I cannot speak to a member of staff. It is very difficult to navigate anywhere on their site. I am sorry that I ever joined them… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to Printerman7's Review

Written on: 15/08/2016

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues paying out your cashback. This is certainly something our team can help you with. All I need you to do is submit a support ticket via the customer care section of your account. If you explain your difficulties they would be happy to help.

Read 1 Comment

“Don't expect to receive any large cash back amounts!”

Written on: 15/07/2016

I must admit to having been a member of TopCashback for a number of years but have come to the conclusion that it's largely not worth it. It's true that you can earn some money over a number of years as you earn a few pence or pounds with on-going purchases. However, you can often save a lot more money by finding alternative deals such as using comparison websites and/or discount codes which are not on TopCashback, or which cannot be used on the TopCashback site. More notably, however, is the… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/07/2016

Hey,

I am sorry to hear you don't think it's possible to earn the higher amounts of cashback. This certainly isn't true and I am sure a lot of members would back us up with this. However, with larger purchases members often browser around and then just log in to our site and re-visit the merchant they want to go with. This process is often what causes issues as another site is paid the cashback and not us. This is why it's essential you clear cookies and cache before logging in and also make sure there is nothing on your device placing unwanted cookies on your device.

Merchants who abuse the cashback process belittle not only cashback sites but also the whole commission earning process and are therefore not tolerated and expelled from the process. The statistics you have quoted from are many years out of date when the systems were first created. As with any industry the progression of technology and companies have meant that these really don't reflect the cashback experience now. We also now have the claims process to query declined and incorrectly tracked cashback.

If your making an online transaction, it certainly is worth the extra couple of clicks to possibly earn cashback. It's only in rare cases where a website will have an exclusive voucher code not on our site and in nearly all cases sales and promotions are available through us. Therefore, not using cashback sites just means you are missing out on the money you could potentially earn.

Best wishes, Matt

Read 1 Comment

“Refuse to honour new Very customer incentive”

Written on: 07/07/2016 by Jamied266 (1 review written)

Bought a very expensive computer through topcashback and very.co.uk. New customers, which I am get 7.35% cashback, excellent I thought so I proceeded to purchase. A short while later my cashback was honoured but not at the 7.35% new customer rate, they paid me the 1% existing customer cashback instead. Raised a claim, only to be told to resubmit the same claim again three months later. Absolute joke of a company, best avoided. Take a little less cashback from one of their far superior… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/07/2016

Hi,

Going by your comments it sounds as though a final decision hasn't been reached regarding your claim. Therefore, it is a shame you have written such a negative review without a final decision as if we are paid the higher amount it will be awarded to you - no questions asked.

To clarify this situation a little, whether the amount of money is 1p or £1000 we will pass this on to you. The cashback networks administer the whole cashback tracking system and not just for us, but for other cashback sites that you may or may not be aware of too. This ensures they treat all companies fairly, this also means the same tracking issues can happen no matter which cashback site you use.

If the cashback network has reason to believe the transaction made was through an existing customer's account we will only be paid that amount of cashback. However, with so many transactions happening every day from time to time the odd one or two decisions may have been made incorrectly which is why we have the claims system. This system allows us to query the transaction with them and try to obtain the amount of cashback you were expecting. They will make the decision in a fair and non bias way and we will pass this on to you when they do make this decision.

As a cashback network administers cashback for many different cashback sites and merchants it can take them time to look into a claim and we generally estimate this can take 12-16 weeks. If you find it takes longer than this please do drop our Customer Care team a message as they will be happy to look into this for you and ask the Claims Team to update you.

We want all members to receive the amount of cashback they were expecting and will always do everything we can to get this sorted.

Read 1 Comment

“Lost £90 , will not provide a reason ”

Written on: 30/06/2016 by AmarisMcKenzie (1 review written)

I placed a BT mobile order using Topcashback that promises £90. The tracking was at 16:56 and the order completed at 17:00. I have all the proof and provided them. They just told me it is declined telling the cookie setup was not correct. I gave them more details and ask to retry. They will not even do that . I am not sure why they will not retry or give me a full details. Why they will challenge BT mobile given I have all the evidence? Very disappointing customer service, will not recommend… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/07/2016

Hi AmarisMcKenzie,

I am sorry to hear the cashback network has deemed us not eligible for the transaction. While you may have indeed clicked through from our site last, if you have other cookies on your device there is a risk these can be accredited with the commission we would normally be paid. As I am sure you can understand it would not be fair for us to demand the merchant is unfair with other commission sources due to the purchaser being unhappy with who was paid the commission. It would also be very unfair to ask the merchant to pay the commission twice. These decisions are based on cookies and so I would urge you to clear cookies before logging in to purchase.

Our Team are here to help you out as much as they can, but they can't change a decision that has been deemed correct. We don't benefit by decisions like this and understand member frustration when they happen but this is why we do help our members as much as we can to prevent this from happening. We would appreciate our members taking this help on board to prevent such issues re-occurring.