Kylie Minogue, 2 Hearts Reviews

Kylie Minogue, 2 Hearts - Ask a question now

“ok, so the thing is kylie's already commercial, and...”

written by Black Pony on 27/04/2008

ok, so the thing is kylie's already commercial, and for the type of music she does, i think she does a good job. what made think it over and see what this song was all about, it's just another pretty love clichet song, but anyways, the work's good for it's area.

“I love all of Kylies songs and always will. Her new...”

written by on 02/12/2007

I love all of Kylies songs and always will. Her new song is very modern and up to date with the music type. Kylie is very brave to pull through the breast cancer then make a new album. She is amazing and just wants to get on with her life like any normal person!!

“Catchy, very catchy. 1st listen you think.. its OK....”

written by scottrhodes26 on 05/11/2007

Catchy, very catchy. 1st listen you think.. its OK. but when you listen to it again and again it just gets stuck in your head, more so than anything she's ever done.Love it, amazing! best song from her in years!

“Having been a fan of Kylie since she first broke onto...”

written by shunters22 on 11/10/2007

Having been a fan of Kylie since she first broke onto the scene, I was expecting some romper stomper poptastic track that instantly would be labelled another 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'. I'd be lying if I said on the first listen that I wasn't a tad disappointed at not hearing a booming pop wonder. However, I got over my initial disappointment and had another listen. It reminded me of my reaction to Slow. After the Fever album had placed Kylie at the top, Body Language was a step in a different direction. A different but much needed step to keep Kylie's negative critics quiet. Miss Minogue appears to be doing the same with 'X' which I can't wait for. The music video itself shows Kylie has not lost any of her sparkle or sex appeal and shows her confident, comfortable and sexy.

2 Hearts, with its infectiousness and catchy chorus, might not be classic Kylie in some people's eyes but its a definite grower and will win Kylie a new legion of fans and remind old fans that Kylie is doing what she does best - being KYLIE! I trust her entirely and trust that her fans will not be disappointed when the new album arrives.

I personally urge her fans not to turn their back on her. Remember when she went to Deconstruction? Lots of people wrote her off and said her career was dead. Then what happened? Light Years happened! This woman is a chameleon and knows what she is doing - after all, she has been on the music scene for 20 years, had 7 UK number ones and 29 top 10 singles, 9 Studio Albums but whose keeping track?

“The great thing about this single is that it is a...”

written by aldo12 on 11/10/2007

The great thing about this single is that it is a departure from what we were all expecting. Kylie aficionados have a bank of demo tracks released for the X album and this song ignores the electronic, futuristic meets 80s, dance feel of those tracks. Having said that, I had heard friends reactions to the single before I heard it myself and was expecting something lacklustre like Slow. While 2 Hearts is not perhaps the dancefloor anthem comeback that would have launched her to unstoppable heights (like Madonna's comeback glory with Hung Up and a sling of infectious dance anthems off the Confessions album), it is, in my opinion, a good first single for a new album - there is a little shock value in that this is not a 'Kylie' single that fans and critics would have expected. It certainly has our attention. The simple chorus and the identifiable 'wooo!' remain in your head and you'll be singing that over and over. The film clip boosts this singles credibility. Kylie has a real sense of maturity in this clip - it's performance based - gone are the limb swinging symbolic dance routines and here are the bizarre 80s punk style band members. Kylie seems really comfortable and confident with where she is in her career, and that oozes out of the clip. So I guess fans and critics should take this on board - while an initial feeling of confusion after hearing the leaked album tracks and then 2 Hearts and then asking "what is she thinking?", this is a good track, and Kylie knows what she is doing. I say we trust he allegiance to her fans that X will not disappoint us. This single is a weave in a much larger fabric.I like it!

Tania's Response to aldo12's Review

Written on: 11/10/2007

Brilliant review. You say you're into Britney, have you heard her new single? If so, what do you think?

Read 1 Comment

“It might not be "fashionable" to admit to liking...”

written by Gloria1504 on 10/10/2007

It might not be "fashionable" to admit to liking Kylie, but after the last couple of years, you can't help but be just happy to hear a new single from her.

2 Hearts is not released until 12th November, but had its first play on 105.4 Century FM radio today (10th October).

To be honest, from the first listen, its not the best she's ever produced. It sounds a bit like its been written by school children... Rhyming Forever with Together - that sort of thing, but what she has done is to stick with the sexy sound that she was producing before she became ill with her previous singles like, Can't Get you out of My Head, Slow and Confide in Me which were undoubtedly a winner for her, and put her into a different genre - teeny bopper to adult appeal.

To be honest, it didn't grab me, but I just know that its going to grow on me.