FirstSave Reviews - firstsave.co.uk

FirstSave Reviews - firstsave.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for FirstSave Reviews - firstsave.co.uk

“No Response”

written by xyxyz2 on 23/07/2023

Whiilst the interest rate is good, I would not recommend this firm. I had great difficulty opening a ione year bond on line, mainly because of their security measures. They claim it is not mandatory to give your passport number but I had to put it in to progress through the application. When I did so (several times) it said it was invalid. Then several popups appeared, saying the page was not working properly (I'd got that!!). Eventually I got onto another page and completed the process. They requested that I send a copy of my passport and an original bill. I did this on 8th. July - over two weeks ago - also enclosing a cheque. They acknowledged receipt on line and cashed the cheque. However I have also had multiple e-mails requesting documents and funding. I am worried that someone has taken my money. I have pointed out that there seems to be some confusion. They acknowledge but don't DO anything. This is very worrying. I hope they are just disorganised but it is concerning. Also their interest rate is less good if weeks go by before they get round to applying it. BEST AVOIDED! .

Sarah1852Q6's Response to xyxyz2's Review

Written on: 17/10/2023

I opened a 2 year fixed rate saver on 07/07/23 advertised as have increased interest rate to 6.15% on 05/07/23, but they are only applying 5.98%. I am trying to get an answer from them about this. As there is no reason for it to be lower. Looking on the historical rate page it was 6.15% as the last rate and 2 year fixed rate bonds are now no longer available so olits not like they reduced the interest at a later date.

“Is my money got there ?”

written by dvKeller327 on 20/07/2023

I applied for a fixed bond on Monday. Got email back that they have received my application. Sent money 10 minutes later. Since then silence. No acknowledgement of receiving money. Cannot get through to them by phone. Email does not get answered, even after three days. Do this bank exist ?

Tkim's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2023

I had a very similar problem, eventually after a VERY long wait on the phone an advisor confirmed they had received my initial payment. I had also tried to make a chaps payment to them but it was returned with no reason given and the advisor offered no explanation for this.
I have asked for my account to be closed and for the initial deposit to be returned, it should happen next week but I am not overly confident…
Overall impression - there are much easier, more communicative places to invest your money.

“Loyalty bond o.k.”

written by rubyarthur on 06/03/2018

My loyalty bond interest has increased more than most banks so I am quite satisfied. Would like to open another account but rates are to low to start again.The only issue I have is trying to make the total add up when trying to re invest otherwise I would have given 5 stars

“Dreadful communications”

written by Kaelyna399 on 26/05/2017

Wanting to reinvest for a further 2 years, I waited until the day of maturity, only to be told that I should have applied yesterday, before maturity. Proper banks give you at least 2 weeks to decide. First Save can offer no alternative saving products. I wouldn't touch First Save again with a bargepole.

“No customer loyalty ”

written by Batchelor191 on 14/12/2016

Having saved with FirstSave via a Bond for 5 years I would have expected at least an attempt by them to retain my business. No chance! On maturity of my Bond in November 2016 they offered me 0% interest which was an insult. Wouldn't be surprised if other clients feel the same and like myself took my money elsewhere. We all knopw interest rates are at an all time low but to offer an existing client 0% is an insult snd begs the question 'do they want to retain clients......????'

“No customer loyalty”

written by johnmccarton on 22/11/2016

Saved with this company for several years always in Fixed Rate Bonds.On November 18 2015 my bond was due to mature, due to me having to go for Radium treatment for cancer this lapsed. On 25 Nov 2015 I opened a new bond paying 2.06% interest & received written confirmation of it being opened. I did not check my account until 26 Sept 2016 & found it was an easy saver account paying zero interest. I contacted the company by phone & twice by letter explaining the situation. Something had gone wrong in the set up of the transfer which may have been my genuine error. First save would NOT budge resulting in a loss of over £1000. As a regular saver I would have expected better.No consideration of mitigating circumstances. Jobsworth comes to mind. Will never use again

Sarah1852Q6's Response to johnmccarton's Review

Written on: 17/10/2023

Lloyds bank are the same.

“loyalty - none”

written by on 12/02/2014

Had a substantial sum invested with First Save for many years and have always renewed as a loyalty customer. This time because of problems with accessing account online - it kept saying I was timed out during the log in process I was unable to reinvest. I e mailed a query and was then able to access account using a different browser.It had been changed to an easy access account. I telephoned but because the maturity date was missed by a few days I could no longer enjoy the paltry rate currently being offered to loyal customers. I will reinvest elsewhere for a very similar rate and transfer my other bond when it matures. Rates used to be good with First Save.

“We have had several Fixed Rate Bonds with this Bank at...”

written by on 14/05/2011

We have had several Fixed Rate Bonds with this Bank at different times, and I have to say they are the most efficient Bank I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They are the first to send out their Certificates of Tax Paid every year and the website is very clear and easy to use. They give a good amount of notice before the Bond ends, to enable you to move the money if you want.

“had a fixed rate bond for 2 years a few years ago when...”

written by on 29/01/2011

had a fixed rate bond for 2 years a few years ago when rate was over 7%.
No problem - all very simple and efficient to manage - not deluged with paperwork. Made superb amount of interest.

Now have transferred bulk of my savings from Saga to the new FirstSave 1 year bond, will increase my annual interest by a couple of hundred pounds.
Worth the effort.

“OPENED 1 YEAR FIXED BOND ACCOUNT FEBRUARY 2009. EASY...”

written by on 15/02/2010

OPENED 1 YEAR FIXED BOND ACCOUNT FEBRUARY 2009. EASY SET-UP, MONTHLY INTEREST WAS SENT TO MY NOMINATED R.B.S. ACCOUNT AND I WAS WRITTEN TO AND e-mailed ONE MONTH PRIOR TO ACCOUNT END ASKING WHERE I WISHED MY MONEY TO BE SENT. THE FIRSTSAVE BANK IS ADMINISTERED BY THE NEWCASTLE BUILDING SOCIETY, WHO ARE QUICK TO ANSWER THE PHONE AND VERY HELPFUL. BEFORE DECIDING ON INVESTING WITH THEM I DID A LOT OF RESEARCH AND EVEN PHONED UP THE F.S.A. WHO TOLD ME THEY HAD RECEIVED OTHER INQUIRIES ABOUT THIS BANK AND THAT THERE WAS NOT A PROBLEM. I HAVE DECIDED TO RE-INVEST WITH THEM. THEY ARE A U.K. REGISTERED BANK AND ARE FULLY COVERED UP TO THE TUNE OF £50,000 PER PERSON BY THE FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPENSATION SCHEME. WOULD I PUT MORE THAN £50,000 PER PERSON IN THE ACCOUNT? NO. BUT THEN WOULD I INVEST MORE THAN £50,000 IN ANY OTHER BANKING GROUP? NO.

“Opened account 22/1/10. ”

written by on 09/02/2010

Opened account 22/1/10.
Received rate reduction email 9/2/10
Cannot get my money out until 22/4/10
What a con !!

“First Save were very efficient in setting up account...”

written by on 11/02/2009

First Save were very efficient in setting up account while everything including the website seems prettty decent . The only worry I have is about the bad publicity about the Nigerian scams as I have to disclose a lot of personal details in opening account with them. I guess I just have to keep a close eye on my experian credit record to make sure.

“FirstSave's customer service is very good. Put my...”

written by patdim on 07/02/2009

FirstSave's customer service is very good. Put my savings into a yearly bond in late january had to wait till the 6 of february for the transfer from my bank. On the 5 feb. Firstsave close that issue of bond started a new issue at a lower rate panic. the good news they gave me the high rate of the earler issue. I wonder how some of the other banks would have acted? I messed up on the log in when asked for three characters. I was told to phone up which I did, customer service was the best I've had for a long time

“I've had a large sum on deposit with Firstsave since...”

written by on 02/09/2008

I've had a large sum on deposit with Firstsave since the very begining and have been well pleased with the way in which my account has been handled. It's only just recently that I've reduced my deposit to 35K in recognition of the state of banking in general rather that FBN in particular.

“Since the credit crunch, I have been made aware to...”

written by danhar123 on 01/04/2008

Since the credit crunch, I have been made aware to spread savings around, and to keep them below 35,000 per institution. I noticed FirstSave via internet best buy tables. Since then, I have learned the bank is a subsidiary of a Nigerian PLC. How safe is my deposit? In view of Northern Rock etc., why is this bank offering higher than average interest rates to savers?

“Haven't fully tested customer service yet after 7 days...”

written by on 20/03/2008

Haven't fully tested customer service yet after 7 days of having the account. Although FirstSave has been very quick and easy to set up an account with online verification. Very prompt postage of welcome pack.

Asked by Sunking40 on 20th July 2023 Report this content
No one answers calls. No acknowledgement of deposit. No answer to email. Trying to contact for last four days. Money was sent on Monday. What should I do?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by Laike on 4th July 2023 Report this content
Can I have a joint account?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site