Shajan, Mellor Reviews

• Quality of food

Shajan, Mellor - Ask a question now

“Very dissapointing”

written by bellina1 on 09/11/2014

We had a very disappointing evening last Saturday evening. The chicken tika massala had no taste whatsoever it was as almost as if they had run out of sauce and had put lots of cream in to make it go further, I complained and the waiter was quite abrupt and said well you asked for a mid curry which felt as though I was being challenged. I accepted I asked for a mild curry but please accept that I have been a cook and owned a restaurant for many years an (Italian restaurant) I know my food and for the first time ever have had to return a meal in an Indian restaurant. Shajan is a beautiful restaurant but the heart of a restaurant is the chef and standards must be maintained. We then asked for the bill which in all fairness the curry had been removed however the waiter came to clear our table and began to snatch the plates and dishes in such an aggressive manner that seeing was believing he almost caught both my elderly mum and my husband in the face with cutlery. We will absolutely NEVER go there again.

“Always enjoy a visit to the Shajan, it's not the best...”

written by Pentaquark on 04/02/2010

Always enjoy a visit to the Shajan, it's not the best Indian in the area (have to go with The Gate Of Bengal, Preston), but the food is great and if you go often enough the staff and owners give you very special treatment.

It's a bit off the beaten track, but the food makes up for the trek in getting to it and some of their special dishes are really outstanding!

Give it a go...

“I had an excellent curry at the Shajan, Mellor, and a...”

written by benlark on 15/04/2009

I had an excellent curry at the Shajan, Mellor, and a great meal in general. Good good stuff

“The Shajan's food was lovely if not as spicy as I...”

written by tangerines53 on 09/02/2009

The Shajan's food was lovely if not as spicy as I wanted but cannot fault it or the way the staff look after you. Going to ring today for a table for sat hopefully.