Ask, Colchester Reviews

1.0
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Ask, Colchester - Ask a question now

“I had such a bad experience here it still bothers me,...”

written by on 15/09/2009

I had such a bad experience here it still bothers me, i dont have much money and dont eat out often so i was very dissapointed with the dirty tables, awful service and terrible food. It seemed like they'd run out of the 'special of the day' pasta dish i ordered so did a load of pasta and squeezed a few dregs of sauce into it, the meat content was about 2%. My date just pushed hers around her plate. We'd had a few glasses of wine while we waited nearly an hour to order and finally get our food so it ended up costing me £50.00 for a very unpleasant hour and a half, thanks for spoiling my evening Ask Restaurant! I wish i'd known what a total shambles the place is.

“Went to Ask today. Went for a meal with an old friend...”

written by on 21/06/2009

Went to Ask today. Went for a meal with an old friend today. Ordered the polpette al forno (meatballs) which came out partially burnt. I really didn't want to complain about our meals as I could see they were very busy and did't want to make a fuss. (I hate been the centre of attention). But my friend said you shouldn't ever pay for burnt food so he complained. The waitress called the manager who explain to us that the meal is meant to be charred as it is an alforno (despitie the fact we have order the same meal on quite a few occasions) She explained to us she could change it but it would probably to the same. So we asked for the bill. Had a lovely meal at Strada few doors down!

“Went for a meal at Ask, Colchester with an old friend...”

written by on 21/06/2009

Went for a meal at Ask, Colchester with an old friend today. Ordered the polpette al forno (meatballs) which came out partially burnt. I really didn't want to complain about our meals, as I could see they were very busy and didn't want to make a fuss. (I hate been the centre of attention. But my friend said you shouldn't pay for burnt food so he complained. The waitress called the manager who explain to us that the meal was meant to be charred as it is an alforno ( despite the fact we have order the same meal on quite a few occasions). She explained to us she could change it but it would probably be the same. So we asked for the bill.Had nice meals at the Strada doors away afterwards!