Cook Yourself Thin Reviews

Cook Yourself Thin - Ask a question now

“Programme and presenter great, but woman who narrates...”

Written on: 15/06/2010

Programme and presenter great, but woman who narrates in the background VERY annoying voice, so I hardly ever watch it!… Read Full Review

“I think this Cook Yourself Thin is a wonderful site...”

Written on: 11/04/2009

I think this Cook Yourself Thin is a wonderful site for people who are not very useful in the kitchen, it gives great confidence to someone like me, as if we have a teacher with us. brilliant… Read Full Review

Dovechick's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2009

This is a comment about the Cook Yourself Thin website. To use the website you have to pay a membership fee for which you would expect a user friendly way of keeping track of your calories.<br/>Unfortunately this has not turned out to be user friendly at all, the data bank is out of date and difficult to search, there is little provision for entering your own cooking ingredients and finding the basic ingredients in the data list is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.<br/>I wrote to the help team to ask why commonly available sauces were not in the date bank and in reply they asked me to send ALL the details....<br/>What am I paying my membership for? This is surely not my job!

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“Cook Yourself Thin is an absolute farce. The very...”

Written on: 12/09/2007 by Tania (78 reviews written)

Cook Yourself Thin is an absolute farce. The very title itself is an indication of how WRONG the concept of this show is... I mean cook yourself thin? Thin is such a horrible word. Shouldn't it be called cook yourself healthy or something?

Ok the official babble: four women who love food and still manage to look 'fantastic', don't compromise on taste and promise to get you to drop a dress size within 6 weeks...

The reality; four incredibly patronising posh girls who look about as comfortable… Read Full Review

Mac99's Response to Tania's Review

Written on: 12/09/2007

What ever happened to eating stuff that's good for you, exercise and a little bit of indulgence eh?
<br/>
<br/>Thank goodness for some common sense! I cannot comment on 'Cook Yourself Thin' as I've never had the pleasure/pain of watching, however I have had some unfortunate excursions into the world of diets. The second I deny myself food - I then crave it. Much better to take your advice. Everything in moderation! It's really not rocket science when you think about it. Eat better, exercise more and have a little bit of what you fancy.

Mac99's Response to Tania's Review

Written on: 14/09/2007

I 100% agree. I would much rather have one 'real' treat than to kid myself I was eating a healthier version. In reality it is probably no better for you and doesn't taste as good!
<br/>The same goes for all those healthier biscuits/snacks that you find in the supermarket. If you check the content of them carefully, then you are probably just as well to have the 'normal' version. Moderation is the key.

Tania's Response to Tania's Review

Written on: 13/09/2007

Absolutely! The ever so slight reduction of calories in the fruit tart 'substitute' was something I did pick up on myself, I mean butter and biscuits? Hello! Absolutely useless. Aaaargh! Don't get me started again.

Anthonygrimes's Response to Tania's Review

Written on: 12/09/2007

Quite agree... and lets not forget the 'low fat' fruit tart alternative still contained 275 calories, a mere 30 calories less than than the evil version the poor lady in question had a penchant for!
<br/>
<br/>What exactly is low fat about that? I'd love to see anyone get 'thin' cramming those gleefully down their neck, comfortable in the knowledge that they're not having a real one so all is tickety-boo!

Read 4 Comments