Mock The Week Reviews

Mock The Week - Ask a question now

“I must say the sattire in Mock the Week does become...”

written by on 13/01/2010

I must say the sattire in Mock the Week does become slightly dull after you have watched it a certain amount of times. Frankie Boyle one of the darkest comic in Britain alongside Jimmy Carr was unquestionabley the best performer on the show. There can be a flash of brilliance from one of the guests such as David Mitchell, and there may also be the rare occurence of a guest such as Stewart Francis who can stun the audience with his sensation witty oneliners.

The regulars include: Hugh Dennis whom only brings two moderatley good jokes which refer to 'Shawaddywaddy' which I personally find immature and not in the slightest humorous; Russell Howard who frfequently makes tedioulsy boring comments, which unfortunately his stand-up doesn't make up for as his stand-up consists of not even remotely funny stories about how he was a kid; not to forget Andy Parsons who is the appitimy of unfunny his jokes do not containt even the tiniest bit of sattire as the only laughs he gets is when he walks onto stage like a crab making only those with an attrocious sense of humour laugh.

It must be said Mock the Week has the potential to be a fantastic show as you can easily see for instance Dara O Brian the host (possibley the wittiest man in show business in which he demonstrates in his stand up), the occasional ludicrously funny guest which includes Stewart Francis, Milton Jones and David Mitchell should in my opinion should become regulars replacing the irritating trio Hugh Dennis, Russell Howard and Hugh Dennis.

May I also pontificate on the brilliance of the producers as the idea of the show is a stroke of genius, the games which are involved in Mock the Week are incredible even when the participant's standard of comedy is below mediocre.

I shall summarise my point by declaring that Mock the Week needs to make some significant changes if they're to compete with panel shows such as 'Have I Got News For You' and '8 out of 10 cats'.

“It is hilarious, it's genius and it provides just the...”

written by on 12/02/2009

It is hilarious, it's genius and it provides just the thing you need after a hard day working. Watch it because it is fab.