Acorn Bank Boarding Kennels, Norwich, Norfolk Reviews

3.9

Acorn Bank Boarding Kennels, Norwich, Norfolk - Ask a question now

“Rude and Arrogant Owners”

written by Buxton50 on 16/10/2023

We've used Acorn Bank for years dispite our dog usually needing a bath when we get him home. Went to collect our dog on Sunday morning after getting home late the previous night and arrived a few minutes after 10am. They wanted payment for an extra night as I was late. Explained that I had trouble getting cash for payment (they don't have a card machine). The owner  immediately became very rude and unecessarily abusive because I queried this. Seems to me they are more than happy to take your money, but show no respect for regular customers. We will certainly not recommend the kennels and will never use them again.

“Animals well cared for, but I’d avoid in future ”

written by GeovanniMcAllister on 06/06/2022

The animals were well cared for and came home very happy, the man,  was pleasant and friendly. The woman owner, however, is absolutely vile. Her customer service is shocking. She made me cry during a phone call when she very rudely told me that I wouldn’t be having my dogs back as I was running 15/20 minutes late. Whilst I completely understand the reasoning behind this, the way she spoke was nothing short of disgusting. She was also incredibly rude to my husband when he collected the animals the following day for ringing the doorbell. I think she must have some kind of mental issues. To add the the already disappointing experience, the animal beds came home riddled with fleas. The animals however, completely clear as they’re up to date with flea treatment. It’s cost over 1 day of boarding charges to fumigate our home. It’s such a shame, because it has the potential to be such a wonderful establishment, and he seemed such a nice chap.

“ATTROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE”

written by Saundersgs212 on 12/05/2017

Turning up at 1 minute to 9 to drop your dog off and to have the female owner come out of the property shouting "YOU ARE ONE MINUTE EARLY" is never a good start when leaving your pet in a new place before going away. THEN picking her up and having the male equivalent (but worse) shouting at you for taking your dog out early as they will be down on their takings is absolutely terrible! Never use these people- absolutely RUDE beyond belief and nothing but worry after dropping my dog off having been greeted in such a way!!

“Fantastic kennels.”

written by Darcy19 on 17/02/2017

Fantastic kennels, we have used these kennels for many years. The people I dealt with and the other staff are so good with the dogs. I will not go anywhere else. Five star well done keep up the good work!!!! Darcy never wants to leave. Thank-you so much Love

“Marvellous place”

written by Irene169 on 02/06/2016

My 4 dogs love it at Acorn Bank and have been going there for many years, at least 3 times a year, They are very well looked after by the staff. The kennels are kept very clean, they are fed well and exercised. Its always busy there and you have to book well in advance as they get full up. I highly recommend Acorn Bank.

“Poor animal care”

written by SkylarDavis on 02/03/2015

Dog was injured on 2 consecutive stays, one injury resulting in tail amputation that vet states is as a result of tail being trapped in something, probably a door. Vet wasn't called, tail was wrapped in duct tape and bled for a month. Would not recommend - my dogs will not be returning

Jimmytrix18's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2016

Surely this can't be correct?

Machinehead1's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2022

That's horrific to hear. I've also had to report these kennels to the RSPCA ( which gets strays from five different councils ads well as boarding) and what I saw was horrific. I would never recommend this kennel, a full investigation should be undertaken.

“A happy place”

written by Sunflowergirl27 on 06/02/2015

We've had our rescue dog just over a year and have used Acorn 4 times 2 short weekend and 2 longer holidays and each time we feel confident that he will be looked after. We were recommended Acorn by a friend and while its not the most modern kennels out there you will be hard pressed to find anyone who cares for your dog as much as these people, while our dog is never to keen when we first drop him off, hes always happy to see the owners and I know that he will settle in quickly, he's always happy, healthly and well looked after when we pick him up, what more could you ask for :)

“Loving care!”

written by Paston92 on 18/11/2014

My dogs have been going to them for many years. You won't get better care and attention, ok it's not salubrious, bit rough round the edges but the atmosphere is tremendous. If you love your pets and want them to be happy choose Acorn Bank. My girls are so excited when they get there that there is no looking back to say goodbye to me, just loads of wagging and pleasure . So what more could you want? Any downsides? Well the kennels are not so modern, most don't have an outside run. BUT I visited that type and the staff had little to no feeling or rapport with their visiting dogs. You won't find that at Acorn Bank. The dogs are happy there and come back in better condition than when they went it! Just try it, your dogs will love it and you can go away without worrying.

“Love it the best holiday for my 3 dogs ever! ”

written by Lisajones82 on 16/10/2014

We have put all 3 dogs with acorn bank for years and have to say it makes going away easier knowing hey get loved and get plenty of attention! Always clean, never smells and always 100% friendly and have helped me in an emergency! So pleased I found you guys years ago when we left Swiper for the first time! Now all 3 dogs go for holidays. I always return to Swiper, iggle piggle and Lola who have clearly been fussed over and are healthy and happy. Can't beat it

Jimmytrix18's Response to Lisajones82's Review

Written on: 20/03/2016

Surely this review isn't true?

“A wonderful experience!”

written by on 01/10/2012

This is the first time I have ever taken my Spaniel Rufus to a kennel and I was quite nervous with how he would react. I can honestly say that the owners and staff were so understanding and friendly and Rufus seemed to have a great time, he had his own holiday while we had ours! The kennels are clean and tidy with clean bedding, all the dogs have their own space and are exercised individually outside. All of my fears were proved wrong and it also seemed good value for money, highly recommended!

“I know my cats are in good hands here”

written by sophiegabrielle on 16/08/2012

We have been taking our cats each year to Acorn Bank for the last 4 years, they were Kittens when I first took them and they had never been in a cattery before but they were very well looked after and they have lots of space within there own enclosure and even a window to look out of. I would most definatly recommend Acorn Bank to our friends infact friends of ours recommended it to us to use. The Staff are always very friendly and helpful and the cats always love the attention given whilst staying there and I know they have been fed well as they always come home that little bit plumper than when they went. Also the Cats are in a completely different section of the premises to the Dogs so they dont have any upset whilst staying there and I know my Cats are safe there.

“We have been using Acorn Bank once or twice a year for...”

written by on 28/03/2011

We have been using Acorn Bank once or twice a year for a number of years the staff are very friendly the kennels clean and the dogs well cared for. I was originally boarding 3 dogs and as my oldest became frail i knew she would be in good hands here.I would reccomend these highly .My dogs a labrador and a lurcher always appear to enjoy their stay. thanks

“Well having a rescue dog I never thought I'd be able...”

written by on 22/02/2011

Well having a rescue dog I never thought I'd be able to put her in kennels but as she has a few issues it would be difficult to leave her with anyone. We did a trial run for me and for her first lol! and she seemed very happy. We then went away for a weekend and left her for 2 nights and she seemed to have had a great time! and I was very happy and relaxed knowing that she was safe and in good hands. The kennels were really clean and all the dogs seemed very happy and the owners were really friendly and caring. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and would highly recommend them.

“I have used Acorn Bank Kennels twice to look after my...”

written by on 13/07/2010

I have used Acorn Bank Kennels twice to look after my 2 dogs. On the 2nd occasion I had written down on booking the collection times, when I arrived to collect my dogs the kennels was closed and after trying to convince the gentleman that I had been told those times by his wife, he was convinced that I was lying and refused to let me have my dogs back that day. I had a rather heated discussion with him but he refused saying I would have to come back the following day. On my return the following morning I was greeted by the owners wife who refused to believe that she had mis-informed me about the collection time and proceeded to shout at me for 10 minutes when all I wanted to do was pay the bill, get my dogs and leave!
I'm sure both owners took great pleasure in holding my dogs to ransom overnight and again while the lady told me what she thought of me, WELL DONE, YOU WIN, BRAVO!

Cupcaketot's Comment

Written on: 17/08/2010

It is quite clear on the gate and inside the opening times. These guys are great and I know that they are both fully aware of the opening times given it is their business.
<br/>[names removed] are superb and I have used them for years and recommended them to many. People have to remember this is not like Tesco, they have to have a life and people turning up randomly also upsets the dogs that are boarding.

Paston92's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2014

In 10 years of using Acorn Bank I have never heard such utter rubbish!! The owners would never ransom the dogs, they care for them too much. When I had to report that my oldest dog had passed away at 15 yrs 6mths they were clearly upset. If it were only a business this wouldn't have been the case.
This person is clearly unreasonable and I am thankful that I shan't have to encounter them on any of my visits to this excellent establishment!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2012

We never hold a pet to ransome. What folk do not understand is that our opening hours are put in place by the local council, if we do not adhere to them and get 'noise complaints' we are in danger of loosing our liscence and will not be able to trade. We just wish folk to understand this and 99.9 % of our lovely cutomers do, and we appreciate it Thank you x

“The first time we ever put our 2 dogs in kennels!!!we...”

written by on 14/06/2010

The first time we ever put our 2 dogs in kennels!!!we are soo pleased we chose acorn bank,they understood how we were feeling,and took really good care of cassie and indy...and also cassie had a thing about walking on shiny floors...shes fine now since staying at acorn bank!have recommended them to a lot of our friends and recommended them on facebook,well done.

“The owners love the animals they look after. They know...”

written by on 24/02/2010

The owners love the animals they look after. They know each one by name and treat the owners as friends

“My dogs have been visiting Acorn Bank for years and...”

written by cupcaketot on 26/09/2008

My dogs have been visiting Acorn Bank for years and the staff are fantastic 'dog sitters'. My dogs love going there so that is proof alone.
Kennels are clean and it is obvious they spend a lot of time with the dogs as they know their foibles.
Excellent value given that I have 3 dogs.

“I was really impressed by Acorn Bank Boarding Kennels,...”

written by on 31/07/2008

I was really impressed by Acorn Bank Boarding Kennels, which charges £5.50 per day for one cat. The pens were very clean and tidy, cats seemed comfortable and very well cared for. The staff were friendly and caring.