Hyde Park Stables, London Reviews

Hyde Park Stables, London - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hyde Park Stables, London

Hyde Park Stables, London

“Thrillingly awful”

Written on: 15/11/2021 by gqYoung346 (1 review written)

As an experienced rider this is not worth it. The advertisement, and direct quote from the Hyde Park website, to cater for ‘all experience levels’. I have been riding for over 20 years with a wealth of experience under my belt and was under the impression I would have a ride to reflect my experience. However, was left short of this expectation with a tedious walk and trot with two very slow canters. My ‘instructor’ asked to go ahead of me on her pony after he decided to play up a little, refer to picture. I was placed on a lead rope for the initial 10 minutes of riding for the ‘instructor’ to assess my riding ability… I am currently riding pretty much every day on my own horse to this was insulting to say the least. I was asked the last time I was on a lead rein which I honestly cannot answer as it was probably when I was about 6 years old. The website bangs on about one person and her sister who appear to be ‘international show jumpers’ which means nothing to the lay person and would be better regarded on their own webpage, rather then the Hyde Park Stables page, which in summation caters for beginners and novices at a stretch. This was booked by my partner as a birthday present and he reassured me he had told the riding stables I was experienced and capable. This was not reflected in the service I received. On arrival you need to select your experience level, however no one views the form and your horse is immediately dragged out for you. If you want the iconic riding stables horse and lethargic stumble around the park then this is the place for you. The ride was slow, boring and horses were unenthusiastic. If you are looking for something more thrilling than a tiresome plod around Hyde Park, I suggest you avoid at all costs.

“Superb”

Written on: 20/02/2012

I have taken my children to the Hyde Park Stables on many occasions. Here are my thoughts: 1. The horses are superbly looked after and live in air conditioned splendour. 2. The staff are extremely friendly and very professional. 3. The prices are very reasonable for Central London. 4. The riding and assistance provided is most enjoyable. We return often and I urge others to try the fantastic Hyde Park Stables.

“racists”

Written on: 07/06/2011 by foster234 (1 review written)

Discriminatory policy on people with minor disabilities. I have been riding all over the world an all terrain and speed for the past 20 years and I have never experienced discrimination like this. This is the first time I've been rejected on the basis of a disability and apart from the ridiculously unethical and racist element involved in this action, it is also illegal. Truly shameless. For a proper riding experience or hack, there are better and more proper riding schools in zones 2-5 with more sustainable educational policies. It appears that Hyde Park riding is mainly targeted at tourists and that is also evident in their prices.

Hydeparkstables's Response to foster234's Review

Written on: 20/02/2012

This review is nonsense,to suggest we are racists when we are a multi racial employer with only a third of our staff coming from england.
We also sponsor a disabled charity.
Whether or not people can ride with a disablity is decided by the the insurance companies and the health and safety executive .

Read 1 Comment

“Hyde Park Stables. Definitely the best thing i did...”

Written on: 20/06/2009 by KristenShani (1 review written)

Hyde Park Stables. Definitely the best thing i did while in London. Riding through Hyde park was amazing and a great way to see the Park. It is definitely a must for anyone who is in, going to or thinking about going to London.

“Hyde Park Stables offer great riding. Fantastic sights...”

Written on: 09/09/2008 by james james (1 review written)

Hyde Park Stables offer great riding. Fantastic sights to see lovely horses and friendly staff. Not cheap but worth every penny. A fantastic experience, hard to believe you can do this in the centre of London.