Dyson DC20 Animal Reviews

Dyson DC20 Animal - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dyson DC20 Animal

Dyson DC20 Animal
Dyson DC20 Animal

“I never liked vaccuuming until I got my dyson, now I...”

Written on: 14/03/2010 by ardmore (8 reviews written)

I never liked vaccuuming until I got my dyson, now I love it. The suction is very good better than any vacuum I have owned previously. I can easily open and wash the filter every 6 months or so. I would never go back to a bag vacuum cleaner after the Dyson… Read Full Review

“Altought the vac is strudy in costruction and easy to...”

Written on: 08/03/2010 by mcrobbyd (1 review written)

Altought the vac is strudy in costruction and easy to manouver it is badly let down by the power brushes/heads.
The unit comes with two and the performance on these drop rapidly and now we are left with neither of them working and at a cost of £100 to replace them both.in effect the vac is now useless… Read Full Review

“ I love this hoover, it picks up everything easily....”

Written on: 10/12/2009 by noplaycom (2 reviews written)

I love this hoover, it picks up everything easily. The small head is particularly useful on the stairs and I have purchased an extra soft dusting brush which reaches my dusty old beams. Nothing to dislike. Worth every penny… Read Full Review

“This is the 1st hoover that really does what it says. ”

Written on: 17/05/2008

This is the 1st hoover that really does what it says.
No need now to get on my hands and knees to pick cat fur off the carpet, the turbo attachment does it for me. Packs away easily and fits into small spaces when put away. Easy to manoeuvre. Great attachments.
Would recommend this hoover 100% … Read Full Review

“I bought the hoover for half price - Brilliant!”

Written on: 02/04/2008 by Joe B (1 review written)

I bought the hoover for half price - Brilliant!… Read Full Review

“Dyson DC20 Animal is very compact and light and easy...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by yiggy (2 reviews written)

Dyson DC20 Animal is very compact and light and easy to manouvor around the rooms in the house. My Wife wanted a new vacuum cleaner so I bought the Dyson with the big ball but it was very heavy and didn't get under the beds to clean the carpet there. Swapped it for one of these and it is excellent. Also, because we have a ginger cat called Marmalade who leaves his hairiness everywhere, the Dyson just removes them like magic and the house is clean much faster and with less effort. The long hose… Read Full Review

“We have 3 cats which shed hair everywhere and we...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by MikeyB123 (16 reviews written)

We have 3 cats which shed hair everywhere and we thought our house was clean until we bought the Dyson DC20 Animal. On the first time used it we had to empty the container twice. The animal sucked up so much dust and cat hair! I (man of the house) like the engineering and the quality of build so much that I actually enjoy using it! The additional nozzles are useful and work. The unit is not heavy to carry as it is so well balanced around the handle. Easy to use, beautiful engineering, it sucks… Read Full Review

“My Dyson DC20 Animal has fantastic suction picks up...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by jcc (2 reviews written)

My Dyson DC20 Animal has fantastic suction picks up all cat hair and other bits. Small easy to move around. Easy to assemble. Expensive, but does everything it claims. Have bought cheaper cleaners in the past which claim the same and have been no good. Very minor small dust compartment (but then is a small and reasonably light cleaner)
No 'on-board' storage for tools but again this probably keeps it small… Read Full Review

“I shifted from the old reliable Dyson DC04 upright to...”

Written on: 02/01/2008 by weesteev (40 reviews written)

I shifted from the old reliable Dyson DC04 upright to the Dyson DC20 Animal for its advertised "life changing" features. Very compact and surprisingly easy to store, I was a bit dubious about the wraparound feature until I seen it in action! Amazing power from such a small device. 2 individual power rollers, a hard floor tool and then the usual 3 "crevice and brush" tools supplied makes it a well stocked box of tricks! The power rollers are unbelievably good at lifting pet hair, a claim I was… Read Full Review

Tina Holmes's Response to weesteev's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I found this review helpful because...I'm thinking of buying a new Dyson animal - I currently have the animal cylinder vacuum cleaner and I am totally for Dyson, but mine's a bit old.

Tina Holmes's Response to weesteev's Review

Written on: 29/03/2008

Dear kiyawhite, My partner prefers to remove all the tools from the hose of the old animal cylinder - he says they get in the way. I'm liking the idea on the new one of the wrap around hose instead of storing the hose upright. (I'm not one for taking the thing apart once I've finished vacuuming! I just hoover 'n' go!!!) I also love the fact it follows me upstairs albeit with a bit of a tug behind me.

Kiyawhite's Response to weesteev's Review

Written on: 28/03/2008

I have this same dyson and I completely agree - it's great!
<br/>
<br/>I am having one issue now: myself and others are slowing starting to find it bulk. It's undoubtedly a heavy unit but it also takes up loads of room when in use, gets stuck and can be difficult to push and drag around. Do you have any tricks of using the cleaner more smoothly?

Read 3 Comments

“A great price Dyson from Argos, works well on all...”

Written on: 12/10/2007 by cauldronwitch (1 review written)

A great price Dyson from Argos, works well on all floor types, easy to use, easy to store, easy clean filter system too… Read Full Review

“I used to have a dyson DC04 Absolute, which served me...”

Written on: 25/08/2007 by kiyawhite (56 reviews written)

I used to have a dyson DC04 Absolute, which served me very well in my old house. My old house had mainly carpets so it really did the job well and the 230 air watts were very impressive for its generation and kept the cleaner sucking for a good 8 years until I gave it away to a friend yesterday. The reason it got given away was because in my new house I've only got hard floors and rugs (apart from when I get a new stair carpet in the future). The old DC04 definately wasn't designed with… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2007

I meant to say why I gave 'ease of use' 9/10 rather than 10/10. I think it's really easy to use, and setting up the system from wrapped to ready is really satisfying. But I fell that if. maybe, you were elderly it would be hard to wrap the cleaner up tightly enough for the telescope holder to reach it's holder bay on the cyclone assembly. Otherwise, it's really easy to use and I love it. :)

Written on: 17/01/2008

In response to Batty Bev:
<br/>
<br/>The filter does get quite covered with fluff and the odd hairs and sandy stuff for the first 3-6months of vacuum use, as admitted by Dyson themselves. But this is supposed to be caused by the excessive pickup of the vacuum cleaner in the first few months of use. After that - as I know from experience - the filter is left virtually spotless.
<br/>
<br/>You said to remember that you're going to have to keep untangling hair from the brush bar. Think: you need a brush bar for the best pet hair pick-up, and what brush bar doesn't get hair tangled round it? Plus, Dyson have made the cleaning job of the brush bar really easy; you can have the brush bar removed, completely cleaned and replaced within 5 minutes. Also, you only have to do both of those things every 3-6 months anyway!

Batty Bev's Response to kiyawhite's Review

Written on: 15/01/2008

A few points to remember about this cleaner is that the filter blocks everytime you I it and it is necessary to vacuum the filter during use. Even though it is good for animal hair - if it's long hair it gets tangles around the roller and needs to be untangled regularly.

Written on: 08/01/2008

You <b>will not</b> be disappointed. Enjoy your new dyson!

333654_Alanmal's Response to kiyawhite's Review

Written on: 27/12/2007

I found this review helpful because...I have been toying with the idea of buying a more powerful vacuum cleaner for ages now. I have 2 long haired cats and 1 dog, so I need a cleaner with powerful suction , this review has just made my mind up for me. THANKYOU

Read 5 Comments