EDF Energy Gas Supplier Reviews

EDF Energy Gas Supplier - Ask a question now

“Appalling incompetence”

Written on: 20/06/2015 by JohnChanin (2 reviews written)

EDF decided for some reason that my meter had been replaced, and stopped billing me. They didn't say why. Eventually after months of complaining I did some detective work, and discovered the problem myself. I then remembered that I had already told EDF the meter hadn't been replaced a year earlier. Their complaints department steadfastly refused to provide any explanation and treated me with condescension, even though I would have got my gas at one third the price for the forseeable future… Read Full Review

“Taking money by direct debit just for fun!”

Written on: 18/11/2012 by MariaDS (2 reviews written)

Twice now I have been overcharged massively by edf for energy I have not yet used. First time because they read my meter wrong. Second time because - well, there is no excuse! I am now £241 in credit just for their benefit, with absolutely no justification for the last debit, made without my consent. Enough is enough! Avoid having direct debits with these fools… Read Full Review

Gabriel1234's Response to MariaDS's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

They are a law unto themselves, with a massive Fat Bank Account....

Read 1 Comment

“Exasperating wait for gas registration”

Written on: 12/10/2011 by gillytom (3 reviews written)

Swapped to EDF at the end of December 2010 - STILL waiting for registration of gas account. Every time I contact EDF they say this is a known problem affecting many customers and they are trying to sort it. Finally I wrote to Chief Executive which prompted an email from one of his team who managed to get a bill raised manually for me - but still no full registration of the gas account. It is beyond my understanding how something can take 10 months to sort out and the lack of information is… Read Full Review

Gabriel1234's Response to gillytom's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

I hope that you managed to change before it was too late....things have not got much better they still are probably one of the worst suppliers you could EVER deal with...

Read 1 Comment

“My experience of EDF energy is that they have a a...”

Written on: 30/05/2010 by lawn (2 reviews written)

My experience of EDF energy is that they have a a consistently shocking customer service and legal dept neither of which appear to talk to each other. Their customer service dept (based in the UK) are simply not empowered to do anything about any situation when it arises. I was bombarded by legal letters from their legal dept whilst discussing the issue at the same time with their customer services team for a period of 5 months. Despite being an EDF customer for the 4 year period prior to the… Read Full Review

Gabriel1234's Response to lawn's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

Hi, I know this was written in 2010 but another area dedicated to EDF's poor performance has over 200 negative feedback from disgruntled Customers. I was also with EDF many years and to say Customer Service is poor is an understatement, customer service in it's actual form does not exist at EDF. Communication (or should I say lack of it) is dire and becomes laughable after a while. Effectively I believe they don't actually care about their customers and don't particularly want to retain Business. The best form of advertising is word of mouth, would you recommend this lot??

Read 1 Comment

“EDF energy have good rates, provide nectar points,...”

Written on: 22/02/2008 by manishkothari (1 review written)

EDF energy have good rates, provide nectar points, friendly customer service. I am happy with all of their services and no bad points… Read Full Review

Logden's Response to 346934_manishkothari's Review

Written on: 15/08/2012

I do not believe EDF provide Nectar points anymore as BG are now doing this.

Gabriel1234's Response to 346934_manishkothari's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

EDF have 'pluck any figure out of the sky rates" and stopped giving Nectar points. They just offer grief now.

Read 2 Comments

“I would definitely recommend EDF to anyone.”

Written on: 21/08/2007 by steph1705 (2 reviews written)

I would definitely recommend EDF to anyone… Read Full Review

Bigbil99L's Response to steph1705's Review

Written on: 23/06/2012

1. steph 1705 came wrote then went, never to be seen again (Five stars for EDF?) So now we have one person who can't be accessed (manishkothari) and one fly by night on this particular blog. I leave it to YOU to reach your own conclusions

Steph1705's reply to Bigbil99L's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2013

My review was written in 2007, at the time they did exactly what they said they would, I never had a problem and the customer service centre were friendly and helpful, they were also the cheapest option for me and my family which is all that mattered, that is why I gave them Five stars.

Gabriel1234's Response to steph1705's Review

Written on: 02/05/2013

Would you? It is good that 'stand alone' customers still exist.

Steph1705's reply to Gabriel1234's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2013

At the time EDF was a good, cheap option for me and my family. I never had any problems back in 2007 when the review was written.

Read 4 Comments