Eurohike Sandringham Reviews

• Comfort

Eurohike Sandringham - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Eurohike Sandringham

Eurohike Sandringham

“a study tent in my opinion.”

Written on: 30/05/2017 by kowalski99 (1 review written)

We used the tent on a very windy and rainy bank holiday at an exposed campsite in Scarborough... Many other campers gave up and went home... We plugged in to an electrical hook up to use an electrical heater to provide some heat. The tent survived the weekend when most others didn't. The next test will be latitude festival. The main issue with the tent was that it took a couple of hours to erect… Read Full Review

“Easy to errect by myself as an O A P of 75, although I...”

Written on: 22/09/2010

Easy to errect by myself as an O A P of 75, although I do have long experience of camping. It stood up well to some pretty awful weather in Cornwall this summer. It has ample space to camp in comfort and without stooping for a 6ft person (me) and family. I always work on the princaple that a 4 berth tent is good for 2 etc. The pegs were replaced with much larger ones from my own stock for all except the groundsheets. Another useful hint is to add two lightweight straight 6ft poles and guy cords… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2011

Really useful especially the tip about taking 2 extra poles to use as awning support

Read 1 Comment

“Bought this tent as a bigger replacement to a small...”

Written on: 20/09/2010

Bought this tent as a bigger replacement to a small two man tent which we had previously.

I would not recommend this tent to anyone for the following reasons. The sewn in instructions that come with the tent are useless, The gap between the tent skin and ground sheet is about 5 cm all round even with everything tighten properly.

On the second day of our holiday there was a slight wind and I tightened all the guy rope before leaving the tent for a day out, when we returned to the tent we… Read Full Review

“as mentioned before - almost impossible to put poles...”

Written on: 16/02/2010

as mentioned before - almost impossible to put poles into eylets, too much tension. I'm used to putting up tents, but this was impossible… Read Full Review

“Just bought the Sandringham - My previous experience...”

Written on: 24/08/2009 by axenosher (2 reviews written)

Just bought the Sandringham - My previous experience of camping being with traditional 2-man tent. If you haven't erected a dome-type tent with pin connections before, you will not be helped much by the Sandringhams sewn-into-the-bag instructions: The small diagram illustrating the pin placement in the end of the pole suggests a snug fit but on mine the pole opening seems to be too large for the pin.

Because the instructions lack detail, I have no way of knowing if this is correct or whether… Read Full Review

“Bought this a few months ago for the bargain price of...”

Written on: 15/07/2009

Bought this a few months ago for the bargain price of £90 in anticipation of taking a few trips in the summer. The first of which we've just been on where we setup the Eurohike Sandringham for the first time.

Setting up (definitely needs 2 people) was pretty straightforward, although the supplied guy lines did tend to loosen a little over time (I had to tighten them up at least once per day), and as others have mentioned, the pegs that come with the kit are a little short for softer ground… Read Full Review

“we got a Eurohike Sandringham out of Millets after a...”

Written on: 08/07/2009 by Stevieking (1 review written)

we got a Eurohike Sandringham out of Millets after a bit of Haggling. we got a price reduction of 20%. I loved this Tent from the minute I put it up. its the first tent I could stand up in (I'm 6ft4). Loads of space and Pockets to store various camping bits and bobs. Best Buy I have bought in a long time. Really Impressed. It comfortably Slept myself, Wife (Double Air bed) and our 1 year boy (travel cot). Great Small Family tent with Ample Head room. decievlyling big inside… Read Full Review

“Eurohike Sandringham is easy to erect and quick to if...”

Written on: 03/03/2009

Eurohike Sandringham is easy to erect and quick to if you have any common sense. Good value and very spacious. A real bargain if you wait until the end of the season and buy from milletts at 50% off… Read Full Review

“We found there to be far to much tension when putting...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

We found there to be far to much tension when putting the pins on the straps into the poles we loosened off the tension straps but still had to use great force to get them finally in (we were concerned the poles may snap) once erected there was about a 3 or 4 inch gap which was virtually impossible to close down with the tension straps. On the inner tent several of the toggles had to be left out of the hoops to reduce further tension and allow the zips to close. In our opinion we felt the… Read Full Review

“A good looking versatile budget tent, that is easy to...”

Written on: 21/09/2007 by duncan scobie (1 review written)

A good looking versatile budget tent, that is easy to put up and very spacious, and has versatile door openings and windows. Not sure if millets are still selling them, but I think it is a great tent… Read Full Review

“We bought the Eurohilke Sandringham after seeing it in...”

Written on: 20/08/2007 by MartinJP (20 reviews written)

We bought the Eurohilke Sandringham after seeing it in a Millets showroom and being impressed by its spaciousness. We have just come back from a week in lovely Dorset when we had, unfortunately, mostly foul weather. There was heavy rain and winds on one night strong enough to retire half of the ships taking part in the race from I.O.W. to Plymouth. We were really impressed with the weather resistance of this tent, it didn't leak at all and resisted very strong winds although this was with the… Read Full Review

Kknott's Response to MartinJP's Review

Written on: 25/06/2008

Martin, we have just bought a Sandringham from Millets so far we've been happy with the price but we've just had a go at a practice pitch and could not get past putting the pins into the poles to erect the flysheet. We managed to get them in one side absolutely fine but for some reason they just would not go in on the other. Are we doing something wrong or just being stupid...do you have any tips for us in pitching this tent as we are new to all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Axenosher's Response to MartinJP's Review

Written on: 24/08/2009

<br/>
<br/>Because the instructions lack detail, I have no way of knowing if this is correct or whether there is something missing. Millets do not seem to know.
<br/>
<br/>Probably patently obvious to those with dyed-in-the-wool experience of such things - but for this reason I would only buy this tent if you know someone who can advise on its correct assembly.

Elenana's Response to MartinJP's Review

Written on: 18/08/2008

We bought the Sandringham (latest in green bag) recently and struggled to get the pins into the rods on the second side of tent, we did manage it once but the tent was an odd shape and their was a three inch gap all round. We took the tent back to Milletts and explained the situation, they bought out the previous Sandringham (in a black bag) and compared the lengths of the rods and the new Sandringham rods are two inches longer than the old one - but should be the same size. Milletts are recalling the new Sandringham because of the incorrect rods. We exchanged our Sandringham for the previous one (in a black bag) and put it up easily and in our opinion a far better one, it has two separate bedroom compartments.

Bettyr's Response to MartinJP's Review

Written on: 22/07/2008

Kknott, we've had the same problem! Just can't get the pins into the flysheet. With sheer brute force eventually managed to get them in, but the tent looked weird and misshapen. Checked colour coding, I'm sure we haven't done anything wrong! It seems like a great tent, I'm so disappointed we can't get the thing up properly.<br/><br/>I wonder if there's a design issue with the newest model of this tent, or if we really are being stupid.<br/><br/>If anyone has any tips on erecting this tent please put us poor, blistered souls out of our misery.

Read 4 Comments