Direct Save Telecom www.directsavetelecom.co.uk

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Direct Save Telecom www.directsavetelecom.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Direct Save Telecom www.directsavetelecom.co.uk

“Worst company I have ever dealt with - for anything”

written by 261Woodward on 11/01/2024

I had Broadband installed in August 2023. It didn't work properly, with poor and intermittent service. They eventually sent out an engineer and I was told this would be free of charge. They fixed the faulty box in November and today (8th January) I received their invoice for £193 for engineer call out. Shocked? Obviously I called them only to be spoken to with contempt and rudeness by unhelpful so called "Service Agents". Even after speaking to a "manager" they flatly refused to remove the engineer charge (or even reduce it). Absolutely dreadful company: My advice? Don't use them and if you do, certainly don't trust them!

“Worse firm ever, I've canceled”

written by Beenrinsed on 21/10/2023

router knackered trying charge 35 quid hahaha they mad they provide worse internet ever hope they go bust

“High cost and poor service”

written by on 04/09/2023

I had been using DirectSave (DS) for 4+ years as my house is a new build and none of the 'big' suppliers could provide broadband. DS was, what seem to be the best of a set of completely unheard of suppliers. Was put on a £48 pm rate for supposed 65mb which is costly for a low speed. I don't think I have ever received the 65mb and in the last 4 years have had intermittent issues with lag, buffering, low quality res on VOD, etc. Whilst I can't complain about the customer service in respect of not having to wait long to speak to someone, it was never really resolved outside of rebooting everything which probably resolved in the shot-term. A recent issue led me to call DS and I was told that I should upgrade to resolve and then found out the upgrade cost was significantly cheaper than the rate I had been on for 4+ years. When I asked why I hadn't automatically been moved to the 'new' rate, there was no answer other than I had to request it. Not knowing about their new rates I am not sure how I would have found about this. During that call I said I was unhappy with this and that I would be finding a new supplier. So today I engage with the new supplier and I get an £20 invoice from DS for the cancellation as they hadn't been given 28 days notice. When I call to ask why I was told that the conversation with them a few weeks earlier didn't constitute a formal notice of my wish to move supplier....I am not aware of any broadband supplier that would charge a fee for receiving a switch request when out of contract. Overall, avoid....poor quality product and they clearly are not customer focused which will no doubt in the future bite them on the backside when they find they are no longer making a profit.

“DISGUSTING RIP OFF”

written by TomBeeching on 02/10/2022

DISGRACEFUL. Be warned. Have nothing to do with this company. We were told set up was free. They charged us £179 for an engineer visit when the problem was they had sent a faulty router. When we complained requesting details of why the cost was incurred they sent nothing. No explanation whatsoever. Steer well clear of this company.

“Slow, Unreliable and Unresponsive”

written by AliC999 on 11/01/2022

Broadband has been unreliable and slow - raised tickets and contacted them but no reply. Had to change to another provider early. Chose them as had good reviews, but service has been awful for us. Had no issues with 2 previous suppliers. I would stay away.

“RUN”

written by Finnxq1950 on 06/11/2021

After endless and meanless conversations on the phone I only just started my monthly subscription on the 7th of October with direct save Telcom and they took 2 months bills off me saying it will cover October and a full month on November and I will not get any extra charges and will only get the next month for December at the end of the month, I was giving endless promises on when my subscription would go live from 15 to 23 and then finally the 27th of October and all this time I had to call them for updates all the time. Got a bill on the 3 November for December and I declined the payment, thinking it was a mistake as I was told I would get any bills still after the end of November and I called, only for them to say it wasn't a mistake and I would need to pay the third-month bill in order to get my land-line phone and broadband delivered before they will send them out to me and when I declined to pay, they sent my a failed payment fee of 14.32 plus vat and December bill and their debt management policy. While having to pay for another Internet service 30days WiFi for the last two months. l am with a 12month contract no internet and phone with direct save telecom, I which I had done more research for anyone reading this i have only one word for you with direct save telecom

“Worst Internet ever”

written by CohenDixon145 on 02/05/2020

DON'T go with this company the speed is so slow.When I got through to customers service I did not get any help saying the problem must be our end.when I said it was the same setup as sky and we had no problem.I was told the someone from the engineer department would phone me to get to the bottom of the problem I never did get the phone call. So at last I am out of contract before I could not get through to them now I am getting calls all the time to get me to stay with them. At last time to get my Internet speed back.

“Clueless idiots - Will liar and liar again”

written by kcRice167 on 21/02/2020

Complained that my speed is 0.22 mbs, technical support said I was getting 1.38 MBS and that was acceptable. Having run line checks on many, many occasions they all come back at 0.22 or 0.30 - today its 0.03Mbs. Lowspeed is 'due to me being so far from the connection point' - But no one else on my estate is having a speed problem with their ISP's, so total rubbish of an excuse. Agreed to post a fibre router 'this week' 3rd week in and I havent seen it yet. No one rings you back with an average cost of £5 per call you are just wasting your time.

“Avoid, avoid, avoid”

written by kareninkster on 11/02/2020

Avoid, avoid, avoid,. If you ever finally get through to customer service they are rude and unhelpful. Been with them less than 6 weeks and no end of trouble, stayed in for engineer, no show, finally got set up 7 weeks after I bought the service, connection was rubbish, speed less of 0.36, called 3 times, each call lasting nearly an hour and still no improvement. Their staff are rude and unhelpful, manager even worse. Please do not waste time or money signing up, you will have no end of trouble

“DONT DO IT GO ELSWHERE !!!!”

written by AbramManning on 29/12/2017

The worst company I have ever dealt with.the sales team are a total bunch of liars.the young lady I spoke to was rude and ignorant and when I asked to speak to her manager she then said " it's because she is new".i had 2 days off work too awaiting my router.seriously wished I'd never bothered as internet goes on and off at least once an hour.tried to contact but not interested.....see if I'm interested when they want there first payment !!!!!!

“Total lack of Customer service ”

written by Grahampu272 on 19/11/2017

I signed up to Direct Save Telecoms on the 24 Oct 2017. Received a letter via the post to my new address welcoming me. 2 weeks later still no service, so I rang them up querying when I would be 'live' at the new address only to be told that there was a problem with the postcode I supplied, for some reason they has inputted the incorrect details, I explained that they had already sent me a letter through the post to the new address - So the postcode I supplied was correct. They then said it would take 3 weeks to connect- I said that it was not my fault that THEY had inputted the incorrect details. He then said 2 weeks. I then phone them again to see how the order was going only to be told that they were going to charge a £50 activation fee - and nowhere on the website or the order confirmation did they say that - the whole reason I went with them there was no additional costs. So now I have gone back to BT and luckily they have a Black Friday deal no additional costs to transfer phone and broadband.

“Charges when leaving company”

written by StellaNapier178 on 27/09/2017

Watch it if you want to leave this company they have hidden extras to charge you, I only had my line rental with them and that had been like that for 10 years, however when I left to take up a broadband package they have charged me £19.50 admin fee, I know this isn't a lot, but when I queried it they told me it was because I hadn't told them 28 days before hand. How ridiculous after taking my money for 10 years.

“Cold called me...”

written by on 09/08/2017

This company phoned me this p.m. I had not requested a call and indeed had never heard of them. Tried to tell me that their service was cheaper than TalkTalk although it did not include TV package. Said I could cancel TalkTalk contract but keep their "box" and continue to receive TalkTalk TV service!!! Very persistent salesperson even though I told him more than once that I would never agree to buy anything from a cold caller and that I was happy with my current contract. Offered to send me details through the post so in an effort to get him off the phone I agreed but he then said I would have to give him my bank account number so they could complete a DD form for me to cancel later. I should coco! Then he passed me to his supervisor who said I must be interested because The phone call had been going on for 20 minutes!!!

“incompetent,incompetent,incompetent”

written by jumbles002 on 11/06/2017

What more can one say other than incompetent, preying on vulnerable people with their cold calling, getting a 77 year old to sign up for an 18 month contract on the promise of a cheaper phone bill, consistently getting their bill wrong.I live in france and have now had to take over the running of my parents account, the money my parents were told they would save has instead been transfered to me as I am constantly having to phone D.S.T. from france. I am now beginning to wonder if buying out the contract from my own pocket would be cheaper.

Disbe's Response to jumbles002's Review

Written on: 18/02/2022

Having same problem sold my dad broadband at age 87 won’t let him out contract to do so will cost 150 how do people like this get off with doing this ????????

“Avoid this company”

written by IndiaMaloney207 on 02/06/2017

Dreadful company, liars and cheats. My bills were always almost double, really bad connection, I could never talk to anyone. Told me to renew my router as it was old! They supplied it! It would cost me £60 to terminate my contract or £40 for new router... bloody cheek! So please people... be warned.

“Direct Losers AVOID THIS SECOND RATE SERVICE ”

written by Bez007uk on 22/03/2017

This is the worst broadband & telephone & customer service from a company I have ever had I have had so many issues with this company for different reasons. I wouldn't recommend them to my enemy as they would not recieve the message as the broadband services are slow or just terrible Maximum 80mb for about £46 per month. Or so they say It is a second rate service from a second rate company.

Freebury1's Response to Bez007uk's Review

Written on: 18/04/2017

You should try now tv there brill 30 pounds a month for everything tv internet and phone and my internet I'm getting 39-40 megs worth trying

“CHEATING COMPANY - AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

written by ZacBinspin on 16/01/2017

My experience with Directsave Telecom has been utterly appalling - they send in bills for unjustified charges and continue to bill me after I have left their service. When I decided to switch to another provider, I initially made the mistake of not giving 28 days notice, for which they charged £54.45 "admin fee" and router charge. As soon as I realised this, I used the new provider's cooling off period to cancel the switch, checking very carefully and repeatedly with Directsave that if I did this they would not take this charge. Their employee checked with the manager, confirmed that the charge would not be taken, and emailed confirmation. Shortly afterwards the £54.45 was deducted from my account by direct debit. Following multiple attempts to contact DST by phone, which were either unsuccessful or resulted in pointless conversations with people who knew nothing about my account, I cancelled the direct debit and gave 28 days notice to leave. Since then (this was in November 2016) they have been sending me bills with the £54.45 still included, have demanded rudely that I send the router back, despite there being no mention of sending the router back anywhere in their Ts & Cs, and have billed me for service for the whole of November and December despite the fact that I left them in mid-November. In their latest bill they appear to threaten me with court action. So ... like many others, my advice is DO NOT EVER, EVER THINK OF USING DIRECTSAVE - GO ANYWHERE ELSE. By the way, I am now paying much less for 52 MB fibre than I was for 4MB with DirectSave.

“Astonishingly Poor Customer Service”

written by Lacey1947 on 11/01/2017

The initial experience of the company was ok - probably similar to other providers if expensive. Upon leaving to move to another provider I was hit with charges for things I didn't order, exit fees and ultimately a Notice of Court Action despite the fact I was dealing directly with the operations manager who didn't resolve the issue and had no interest in resolving whatsoever. When I complained again all I received was a very abrupt e-mail and no care at all whether I posted in Trust Pilot or not! Unbelievable - avoid at all costs!!

“unreliable service and do not repond to complaints”

written by 19Upton on 16/12/2016

our internet connection is hit and miss since we changed to Direct Save, often slow when we do have connection. Equipment shows it is connected.

“Fraudulently billing”

written by 68MacLean on 17/11/2016

Terrible service. Was forced to go with these as have moved into a new build. Both first two bills have been charged with calls that are supposed to be free!!! When I rang the telephone customer service agent, she told me they had been added in error and then started adding them up manually to remove which she hasn't done. I can imagine they are working out of a portacabin or amending bills should not be difficult. Their customer service department shuts at 8pm so tomorrow they will be getting a rocket and a call to Ofcom if they do not sort this out. I am not happy about having to scrutinise bills. They are taking almost £100 for two months when they happily advertise they are cheaper than Talk Talk and BT. Well they're not.

Asked by soky37 on 4th July 2017 Report this content
I decided to go with this company yesterday,3,7,2017, but after reading reviews decided to cancel today 4/7/2017,using the cooling off period, but can't find a number to phone them. Can you help please?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site