Stroll-on Baby - www.stroll-on.co.uk

Stroll-on Baby - www.stroll-on.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Stroll-on Baby - www.stroll-on.co.uk

“Awful company”

written by Flash2023 on 19/04/2023

Terrible company and terrible staff, no care at all if the product you buy is not fit for cause, they promise you can come back if you have any problems, but when you do, they refuse to help, show no care what so ever, and are just rude and lacking any sympathy towards the fact you’ve spent loads of money on a product that is no good, Will never go back and would recommend people do not waste their money.

“A wonderful experience visiting the store - great...”

written by Carly-Jade on 15/08/2020

My husband and I visited Stroll-on-Baby in Plymouth this morning, with my parents. We had undertaken some research online prior to our visit but were very keen to see the products 'in person' as this can be quite different from looking at photos/videos online. During our visit we were asked a few simple questions about what we would like to focus on (prams/travel systems/cots, etc) and their use (e.g.pram for off-road walking, urban trips, etc) and the assistant was able to guide us to a few different designs and brands that the store recommended. Everything was very relaxed and we felt at ease to browse the store, knowing that the assistant was on hand to answer any questions or to demonstrate any of the products upon request, but she was very laid back and not pushy in the slightest. We were very impressed by her knowledge of such a wide range of products; her advice was brilliant especially as we are first time parents; and we felt relaxed and at ease to have discussions and to ask several questions, even if they felt like we should possibly know the answers! We decided to purchase some products and the store was able to offer full payments or payment plans; collect now or collect later options and had many of the items in stock to take away at our leisure. Having other shopping to do, the store was happy to hold the items until we returned later in the day to collect them and we were able to bring the car to the door of the shop for easy collection. Nothing was too much trouble and the assistant went over and above to make sure that we were happy. When we inquired about the warranty on the pram/travel system, we were delighted to discover that if there were ever a fault, we would return the item/s to the store and they would loan us a replacement pram until ours had been fixed or replaced. The store itself would speak to the manufacturer and this seems like such a stress-free way forward for new parents if an unexpected fault were to occur. As a family, like most others, we have kept ourselves very safe during the Covid-19 pandemic and I haven't personally visited any shops at all since March 2020, so the thought of going into the city center today made me feel anxious at first. Stroll-on-Baby was absolutely brilliant however: they have an 'appointment only booking system' so that you are the only customers in store during the time slot that you book for; face masks were used by the customer and shop assistant in store; and hand gel was ready for us to use on arrival. From booking the appointment to entering the store on the day, everything was smooth and easy to arrange with a very fast and responsive email and text system. The store have really thought about arranging visits with ultimate safety of new mums and mums to be/their families in mind. We were very impressed and would definitely recommend this store and their very helpful and friendly assistant to all. We will definitely return in the future to purchase further products as and when we may require them and there is the added bonus that you are also supporting a local business.

“No customer service ”

written by Saige261 on 24/07/2018

We bought a buggy from here in order to get customer service. It was more expensive than online but we hoped that meant we’d get customer service in return. Instead when we returned with our buggy after one month as the hood had warped we were accused of putting something on the hood, then they changed their reasons to the way we’d put it in the car when we said, “who would put something on the hood to risk it falling onto the baby”. We’ve asked about the reliability of the buggy prior to the purchase and they told us it’s a good buggy at a good price as well and they’re customers had good experience with it. My question is, if a buggy breaks within a month of loading and unloading from the car, is it even within the eu regulations of product sales / manufacture? They were rude to both of us. They didn’t listen and had no time to help us. The damage had happened despite normal use. This makes you think why their shop in Exeter shut. They are not even worth considering, as you won’t get any help when issue arrises. They’ll just give rude accusations fobbing people off. Shop online. Go anywhere. Mothercare franchise in Malaysia served us better than this firm.

“Fantastic friendly staff so helpful”

written by 496McCain on 06/03/2018

Went into store today and the ladies in store were great. We have twins on the way and had no idea where to start. They guided myself and my husband through, it was no trouble at all for them to help us. We were in the store a long time. Even with store being busy made us feel so welcome. We even had the option to Do a payment plan,can't wait to pick up our pushchair ready for our twins. We have 1 less thing to think of now.

“Rude and not interested”

written by TuckerMedina336 on 14/01/2016

Went to buy some baby items for my expected baby. Lady in shop not interested and I seemed to be in the way of her day. Pointed out a few items ~depends on what you want dont it~ was all she said. Not informative on showing the items - wanted to see some cots for sizing and moses baskets but nah, not interested. Stroll on baby down the road with you

“Staff rude with strange attitude problems”

written by Shafferyu1972 on 02/01/2016

The staff are awful , I can't put my finger on it . It's like they don't actually want anyone in the shop buying anything . We were going to buy an expensive pram from them but I've got a bad feeling about this shop and I'm glad I checked the reviews. We will be buying it from an online store .

“NOT CHILD FRIENDLY AND very rude!!”

written by Gunnerf335 on 11/12/2015

Disgusting customer service, even felt uncomfortable being there, had the attitude as if I was asking them a favour. I've spent over 1000 pound in that store aswell, don't know why I ever went back as they were just as rude the first time, except at that time I think the managers daughter was working in there and she was nice, a million time nicer then the sour face old bags that are usually there. Wouldn't recomend at all. Wouldn't swap a damaged pram of my friends neither, the same day that she bought it

“Great Pram Shop”

written by ArabellaDaly on 26/06/2015

Lots of selection, helpful staff and free payment plans

“Terrible customer service”

written by Romanj359 on 18/05/2015

Ridiculously bad customer service....how this place has won an award for this stuff is completely beyond me!

“Really poor customer service & bad attitude”

written by O'Connelles136 on 17/10/2014

i shopped around for a pushchair that i needed same day, i found one local but it was much more expensive than mothercare & babys R us but these people had it in stock, i went online to buy it and it was £300 (£50 more than both mothercare and Babys R Us) but i needed it, i bought it online so i could go and collect it but it put a charge on for postage and packing?? i phoned the rudest woman in the world at the Plymouth store and she said 'WELL ITS £320 IN STORE SO U GOT A BARGAIN' i told her that its was £300 online and how much it was locally but she refused to give me back the £5.... I was rudely told if you dont like it then get a refund....then my wife called to speak with her and she was just as rude to her as well. really poor customer service, god help anyone who has a problem with the item they buy there.....

Redbeetle's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2014

If its the manager you spoke to , she is really rude.She had my honest review removed from this page. Made myself and pregnant daughter (at the time) cry . Totally rude and unhelpful

“Exchange Policy”

written by leerobertellis on 06/10/2014

I was given 2 x twin pram sets as a gift for our new born twins who spent 3 weeks in ICU. We received two sets so wanted to return one. The store refused to exchange with no negotiations due to their 7 day exchange policy. These gifts were never used, never opened and kept in a clean house free from pets and smoke. The bags are sealed so they are in perfect shop condition.

My advice - Shop online, you get a better exchange policy and better customer service. Stay clear of this shop, do not purchase from them as you will not be able to exchange anything after 7 days. Their attitude towards customer service stinks.

Amazon, Mothercare and other stores will look after your needs much better should you need to return products. We spent over £117, we do not want a refund, just an exchange. I have wasted £50 and will never ever step inside that shop again. I hope they go bust; they truly deserve to.

Redbeetle's Response to leerobertellis's Review

Absolutely agree with you , so unhelpful and rude

Redbeetle's Response to leerobertellis's Review

Absolutely agree with you , so unhelpful and rude

“Excellent Service”

written by jazzmolly on 21/04/2014

It's not very often you find excellent customer service and we are all very quick to moan we we have'nt recieved this. Which is why I wanted to give this company the thumb's up for friendly helpful staff and the product was just unbelievable. There was so much to choose from but they went through everything we us and we were abble to make an informed decision from there masses of product. Nothing was too much trouble and they really made us feel special being new to be parents and not having a clue what we were doing. The payment plan to help us afford a pram that we thought we could'nt afford is brilliant and we could'nt be happier with everything. Thank you so much Stroll on baby!

“Massive pram shop”

written by on 11/11/2013

Fantastic shop. I found the staff very helpful.

“Fantastic package. Very impressed”

written by on 16/09/2013

Just bought a Pram and fantastic package. Very impressed with the service. The sales assistant from Newton Abbott was very helpful and so where the staff in Plymouth. Will be back to buy other stuff.

“Awful service and attitude”

written by Baby23 on 07/09/2013

We were looking for a travel system for our baby and thought we'd try stroll on baby in exeter. On entering the shop we noticed two very miserable and uninviting female members of staff. We instantly felt unwelcome and wanted to leave. We asked a few questions about a particular pram and received very uninterested and unhelpful answers. The attitude of both women were rude, stuck up and fake.. I could feel them snigger as we turned our backs. I would not recommend you go here to purchase a pram. You get a much friendlier, helpful service from any of the other baby shops in exeter.

Redbeetle's Response to Baby23's Review

Written on: 01/04/2014

Totally agree with you.

“Wide selection, knowlegable staff”

written by plodder123 on 04/06/2013

I went in to Stroll-On Baby and my husband and I didn't have a clue. The lady talked through all the options with us, which was very helpful. They even offer payment plans to help spread the cost. Just perfect.

“Dreadful owner who implied I was faking my pregnancy loss.”

written by on 26/03/2013

I purchase a travel system using their payment plan option. Unfortunately at 21 weeks pregnant I lost my son. We were informed that we would be given a refund. However, we provided a letter from my Dr and this wasn't good enough for the owner who wanted actual discharge papers from the hospital (which I had not actually been given). An email exchange began between the owner and myself in which she heavily implied that I was lying about what had happened. Eventually I obtained a refund after allowing them to photocopy my sons cremation certificate. Personally I think it is how a company treats you when something goes wrong that marks them as either good or bad. The treatment I received was deplorable.

123Janet's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2016

similar happened to someone i new. rude staff and not compassionate

“Great customer service.”

written by on 26/03/2013

Lovely pushchair, good customer service. Would recommend.

“My pushchair was delivered promptly and I was kept...”

written by on 18/07/2008

My pushchair was delivered promptly and I was kept informed at all times.

“I hope the push chair has been worth all the waiting...”

written by bexnjoshie on 14/08/2007

I hope the push chair has been worth all the waiting in. I've not been able to go out of the house for a few days which is annoying, especially after sending 3 emails asking when i can expect the pram to arrive and no-one answer's my question.