House of Fraser www.houseoffraser.co.uk

House of Fraser www.houseoffraser.co.uk
2.8

Summary

House of Fraser is a large department store with over 1,000 brands to shop from.
House of Fraser www.houseoffraser.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for House of Fraser www.houseoffraser.co.uk

“Goods not turned up and NO REFUND”

written by MarkSaville on 18/05/2024

No goods turned up, 6 e mails to them, they say contacting carrier but I work in logistics, No Proof of delivery then refund and claim! its that simple. I wish to complain but HOF wont give me the Senior Mangers details, this is blocking........... You have my details and my money but I dont have your goods, pathetic experience all round. Very unprofessional.

“terrible service !!”

written by willbrad on 16/05/2024

terrible service i ordered 2 hoodies which arrived ok - they were not suitable so i paid house of fraser £4.99 to return them , i received a email saying they would not refund for a white swim suite and black dress i contacted and said you have the wrong order ive never ordered swim suite and dress and re sent original order number with photo shot of order and items , they say cant find my order ive now sent 7 emails and phone calls they still cant resolve THEIR MISTAKE . the customer return service ineeds a good looking at by management-1 will never buy from house of fraser again

“Wrong product delivered”

written by RyleighWoods337 on 01/05/2024

Very poor experience with House of Fraser. I purchased a pair of men's mountain bike shoes in a size 8, but what was actually delivered was a pair of ladies moccasins in a size 6.5, which is almost as close as you can get to the complete opposite. No big deal I thought, mistakes happen, so I returned them to HOF using the returns process. However, after a week I received a response from the returns department informing me that they were rejecting the return, claiming it wasn't an item they sold. This was baffling to say the least as it was the only item included in the parcel that I received, so I don't know who else could have sent it. Fast forward two weeks, and after several back and forths with the customer services team I am still without the shoes that I ordered, and am £50 the poorer. I seem to have hit a "computer says no" dead end as no one in customer services seems to be able to do anything other than offer their apologies for the situation. So, my advice to anyone looking to purchase from House of Fraser is not to bother unless you can stomach not getting the items you paid for.

“Awful - they don't refund returns and blame you”

written by Amirmichaeel on 27/04/2024

AWFUL experience and should AVOID AT ALL COSTS if you may need to return items. Buying from them is not bad. Returns are expensive when other brands offer free returns but again, will accept that. The problem is when you try to return something. I followed all the right steps, bought a £5 return label, printed at my local Tesco where Evri drop off is, handed over to Evri, picked up receipt. I have the physical receipt and the tracking information online. I am returning two coats and two swimming shorts, a large package worth over £300. Next thing I know is I get an email from them saying they have rejected melt refund and returning the "dress" because it's not a HoF item. I have been on back and forth emails with them repeating the same thing. They say the matter is concluded after they checked CCTV (!!) but won't let me know what the CCTV contains. I have since asked what this CCTV has that is conclusive, no reply. Asked if someone can call me and shared my number, no reply. Suggested someone come down to my Tesco to review the CCTV footage which they have of me handing over the large parcel, no reply. I suggested they call the store manager to get a description of the footage so they can investigate properly, no reply. According to the people writing back, the refund is rejected, the matter is concluded and I have no guidance on how to get my money back, I have no items. oh but the good news is they returned the boohoo dress that doesn't belong to me so now I feel much better. Worst customer service and the most demeaning and dishonest experience.

“Blatant overcharging ”

written by barrett164 on 26/03/2024

Placed an order for socks and paid £16, order arrived but labelled at £14 and another label offering two for £22. Complained to Customer Services but they refused a refund claiming I had accepted the price at checkout. They said I could return the order but I had already paid £5 delivery and would have to pay return postage. I will never use House of Fraser again, this is not the company it used to be

“BEWARE - sends out second hand good”

written by Anevem on 17/03/2024

Would like to have given NO stars I ordered a mens pair of Boss shoes at £139 - what arrived was an obviously worn for a long period of time pair of shoes. There were bits of black wool from socks on the inside heels and sides. Creases on the toe areas. The soles were very dirty and scuffed and one even had a sticky splodge. There was also a big scratch on the side of one shoe. How these were returned in this state is disgusting enough but to be send out by HOF is appalling. It took 3 attempts to get a refund and Customer Services staff were rude and offered me 10% discount for a second hand pair of shoes! Now I have spent time to get these items returned and I have to make a trip to the post office. No offer of returning my original delivery cost!!!

“Wow...”

written by karinas on 28/02/2024

It is difficult to find the right words to describe the depth of the incompetence of HoF’s Customer Service Department. I have had to deal with it twice in the last year and both times I have been left shocked by the experiences. After my first interaction, I genuinely did not think I could ever have a worse customer service experience, at least not in this lifetime. But I did. A very long story short, it took HoF almost 3 months to offer me a resolution to my rather straight-forward case. Three weeks ago I was finally informed that I was being issued a refund, which was going to take 7 working days to process. There is still no sign of this refund and nobody is bothering to respond to my emails. The most absurd part of this is the fact that every time you chase them, your email gets picked up by a different agent. Then they will proceed to ask you to confirm details (name, address, phone number, etc) that are already available in your email trail. Following which they will either copy-paste into their reply a standard response that does not apply to your case or simply ignore you until you are forced to send another chaser, at which point your email gets assigned to someone else who takes you on yet another round of this nonsense. It’s mind-blowing. HoF Customer Service Department, please pull yourself together. And process the promised refund. Just how sad is it that I, a repeat customer, have to resort to either threatening to leave or actually leaving a negative review in order to get your attention? You should be ashamed of yourselves. Seriously.

“Disappointing Customer Service Experience at House of...”

written by KiraStafford418 on 28/02/2024

I recently had an incredibly frustrating experience with House of Fraser's customer service team that compelled me to write this review. Despite numerous attempts to resolve a simple issue regarding a refund for an order I placed, I was met with a barrage of redundant questions and requests for information that had already been provided multiple times. It seemed like there was a severe lack of communication within their support team, as each representative I spoke to appeared oblivious to the history of my case. Furthermore, the delay in processing my refund was unacceptable. Despite returning items promptly and providing all necessary documentation, including proof of delivery, I found myself repeatedly reaching out for updates, only to be met with vague promises of investigation and further delays. The lack of accountability and ownership demonstrated by House of Fraser's customer service team was truly disappointing. Instead of proactively addressing the issue and providing a satisfactory resolution, they seemed content with passing the buck and offering empty apologies. As a long-time customer who has consistently spent significant amounts of money with House of Fraser, I expected better treatment and a more efficient resolution process. Unfortunately, my experience has left me reluctant to continue supporting a company that fails to prioritize customer satisfaction. In conclusion, I would caution anyone considering shopping with House of Fraser to be wary of their customer service standards. Based on my experience, I cannot in good faith recommend them as a reliable retailer, and I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

“Damaged item with half missing, won’t refund or replace”

written by GerardoDevine1982 on 25/02/2024

Wish I could give zero stars, charge £5 for Evri delivery, no packaging provided, box of gift came damaged/dented/ripped apart with half of the LEGO contents missing. Refusing to refund/exchange/replace, ruse and patronising customer service.

“Fake hoodie ”

written by Carmelo157 on 18/02/2024

Bought a Lacoste hoodie that is fake and colour leaked but they refused a refund or replacement

“No refund given”

written by JolenePotter on 28/01/2024

I sent back some items via their website with their preferred courier. Over a month later I still have not received a refund. Their customer service email just bounces back, they have no phone number or live chat. The only option to contact them is via messenger and they simply do not reply. They owe me over £200 and there is nothing I can do. I have never been so frustrated. Do not use this company, if there is a problem there is absolutely no way of contacting them to sort it out. I am so sure this is not legal.

“House of Fraser has a totally dodgy returns policy”

written by ShyanneMorris395 on 03/01/2024

House of Fraser has a totally dodgy returns policy. £5 to return anything. Yet they don't tell you this on their website. Even faulty items are a problem because they ask you to contact customer services but make it viturally impossible to do so. Tip for consumers: house of fraser hides the cost of return. And it hides the customer services contact details so it's almost impossible to return a faulty item without incurring a £5 charge

“Avoid!”

written by Nataliaaas on 21/12/2023

I returned an item to House of Fraser almost 2 weeks ago (their courier Evri collected it). Still no refund. Customer services’s reply to my complain was ‘we still have not received it from our courier’). Surely they need to escalate it with the courier as 2 weeks is unacceptable! They however dont care and ignore all my further emails. Avoid House of Fraser by all means!

“Customer service is a joke”

written by RussellPoole on 18/12/2023

Chose one star as no option for zero...... I ordered several Eden Park garments all in size 2XL. HoF decided to send me one of these items in size small but package in a 2XL bag. I returned the item to them and they sent it back to me saying I didn't get it from them. They took it out of the wrong bag as I assume someone noticed the mistake. 25...yes 25 emails later they refuse to acknowledge their mistake. Every time I get an email they ask for the same info which I patiently provide. No one reads any of the case details ever.....I will never deal with these people again and am £85 out of pocket with no recourse. Fuming...

“Terrible customer service ”

written by 101Grace on 15/12/2023

They sold me defect shoes and now won't take any responsibility for them. Deeply disappointing.

“Return order of cloths”

written by on 24/10/2023

I ordered a maxmara coat and a timberland puff jacket. I had to return them because They didn’t fit. They did not refund me because the items were changed during transport or warehouse. God knows what happened. They can’t investigate and issue me a refund. This is so outrageous and disrespectful. I was a regular customer and I just lost £530 in order. I am so sad and disappointed.

“Next day delivery paid, they failed NO REFUND !!”

written by Kaedenz389 on 22/08/2023

I Paid for next day, my order failed to arrive , and was 18 hours late. I had Evri courier email saying they had the parcel for delivery (they were excellent) but, HOF email saying it hadn’t left the warehouse totally confusing !! They then refuse to refund next delivery charge and only sent a “free code” for a future next day delivery , which is useless because I won’t be shopping with them again after the exchange of emails from customer service dept .
Don’t shop with this lot, HOF used to be quality gone down the pan now !!!

“House of Fraser Refuses to Refund for Lost Returned Items”

written by Buzu on 24/07/2023

My recent experience with House of Fraser (HOF) has been nothing short of a nightmare. After ordering several items from their online store on 11/04/23, I received my package on 17/04/23. Disappointed with the quality & sizes of items, I decided to return some items as “no longer needed”. HOF accepted my return on 25/04/23. Here's where the real frustration began. The merchant had the audacity to insist on using their choice of a delivery company for the return shipment. HOF generated automatic returns label via Evri. After dropping off the return package on 25/04/23 and tracking it, I noticed that, the delivery company's tracking showed no updates from 27/04/23. I immediately contacted the merchant to inform them about the situation, hoping they would initiate a refund promptly. To my utter shock, House of Fraser refused to take responsibility for the lost returned items, placing the blame squarely on the delivery company. HOF conveniently brushed off the issue, disregarding the fact that it was their decision to use an unreliable courier that caused the problem. Not only did I lose my trust in their products, but I also lost my money for items I no longer possessed. It is beyond disappointing to deal with a merchant that shows such a complete lack of care for their customers. As a consumer, I expected the basic principle of fairness and accountability. The refusal to refund for lost returned items is a clear indication of their lack of professionalism and customer-centricity. A reputable merchant would have acknowledged the problem, taken immediate action to resolve the issue, and refunded the customer without hesitation. I strongly advise against doing business with House of Fraser. Their negligence in choosing a reliable delivery partner and their unwillingness to address the problem appropriately demonstrate a complete disregard for their customers. Save yourself the time, money, and frustration by seeking a more reputable and trustworthy merchant that values its customers and stands by its promises.

“This is a he”

written by BrentTrujillo on 16/07/2023

This is a joke I returned an item that I no longer wanted only to receive a pair of jogging bottoms in return as this was what I sent. I now don't have my suit and a pair of jogging bottoms I do not own. My suit was £225 which is not acceptable I paid for the return and yet this is the response I get. Customer service is very unhelpful only to say we have your email and will refer to relevant department to get the same answer. Now imagine this the item you receive is not what it should be and you dispute they have your money and will not accept this neither will I. An absolute shame. I WILL BE TAKING THIS MATTER TO THE PAPERS.

“Helpful assistant ”

written by Mumtoall on 20/06/2023

I normally shop in house of Fraser for special occasions. I went on the 6.6.23 to look for several outfits for two special occasions. After taking a few items to the changing room to try on I was met with a lovely kind friendly lady, she worked for Phase Eight . I’m disabled so found it hard to go backwards and forward to find different sizes etc . She went beyond helpful getting me the right clothing and different sizes to try on she even showed me shoes and bags to match my outfits . The icing on the cake was when she found a nice little cardigan to compliment one of the outfits . I’d like to thank this lady for all her help with a lovely smile and bit of banter as we struggled through to find my outfits . Thank you too to the other girls who also help me in Blue water store .