Boots Opticians/en/Opticians Reviews - www.boots.com

Boots Opticians - www.boots.com/en/Opticians - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Boots Opticians - www.boots.com/en/Opticians

Boots Opticians - www.boots.com/en/Opticians

“Was a loyal customer for 15 years not anymore ”

Written on: 20/08/2022 by Rashia02 (1 review written)

I was a loyal customer for 15 years when they were d and a opticians because of there spot on prescription and quality frames lasted years but this year I went they increased my prescription so ended up paying for another pair the sales person told me the cheapest glasses were 130 frames plus lenses did let me walk around to look kept shoving frames in my face I was frustrated and just agreed to buy later I discovered they do have cheaper glasses So I had big buyers remorse then when my glasses were ready lenses were strong and gave me headaches I mentioned it straight away to the staff she told me to take home and wear for two weeks my eyes will get use to them I did that but I got dizzy spell and headaches they agreed to do another test for free the frames have Scratches on them before I took them home I spend two hundred in told and feel I wasted my money really disappointed

“Exorbitant delay”

Written on: 08/08/2022 by Jenoseel (1 review written)

Boots Stratford upon Avon Used for a long time and as usual staff very helpful, explaining all the options. Selected two sets and promised 2 weeks delivery. 7 weeks later and still waiting!!!

“Super expensive and not clear on their charges”

Written on: 30/07/2022 by Sharjeelsiddiqui (1 review written)

Super expensive, super confused. Avoid it.

“Don't deliver but take the money”

Written on: 20/06/2022 by Alissonz447 (1 review written)

Ordered 2 weekly lenses from the store on 9th May and I still haven't received them on 20th June. No updates, nothing! I checked with the store 3 weeks ago and they said the supplier has a problem, so I bought some online from another company and they arrived the next day (same brand lenses) and cost more than a third less. Advised Boots and they said go in-store if you want a refund, no apology, no attempt to remedy the situation. Shockingly poor. (Opticians in-store are lovely and it's such a shame this 'customer service' element let's them down.

“Poor experience for elderly person”

Written on: 30/01/2022 by EmmaleeNorris127 (1 review written)

I am a pensioner. I arranged an appointment for 3pm at my local boots (High wycombe) and received 2 confirmatory texts of the appointment time. I turned up at 3pm and was turned away and told my appointment was at 3.45. There was no where to go and wait - i tried to explain i had received confirmatory texts however these were not accepted. I found this very distressing. Once i had my appointment i ordered 3 pairs of glasses for 2 on a specials offer. i received 2 pairs and had to chase for the third - i received no confirmation (as i was told i would) when these arrived in the store,. I had to take an extra journey and go on in person to find these. The whole experience was very poor and upsetting. I wa made to feel as if I was a nuisance and did not feel respected by the staff. I will not be using Boots again for my regular eye checks and do not recommend them to others.

“AVOID AVOID skegness branch”

Written on: 14/12/2021

boots opticians skegness AVOID AVOID hard sell top of the range everything exploiting the boots name been told even though its a selling point for the store the boots 30 day satisfaction guarantee isn't valid as they are a franchise in this day and age business,s should be looking to build there clientele - not given any different choices where clearly there were cheaper options . was not even given the prescription go to specsavers around the corner cheaper and better service

“Boots Opticians Horley”

Written on: 01/09/2021 by palmerl (1 review written)

I got new glasses and went back as they were not fir for use. Was told that I should wear them a for at 2 weeks. Lot of rubbish as I have never had this before. Had a fall went back again and they made an appointment to see the optician again, Still no good after another 2 falls went in and manager got to the door, as you cannot go in to the store with being allowed in, stood and looked at me as I was something stuck to his shoe, not may I help you, have you an appointment etc I was so mad so I told him to take the glasses back as they were of no use to me. He took them from me no what is your name turned around and walked back into the store. When I complained via e mail someone did call me and she told me that he was off to lunch, at 2.30? with a plastic apron and mask on? dont think so. I did go back and it was discovered that they were incorrectly made and now have another pair. The manager of course went into the back when I arrived the first time without an apology - THIS IS THE MANAGER. went back in today to pick up glasses still no apology. Anyway after putting it on social media have found out that this is the way he treats everyone and he is the manager. Have complained but I am sure he will still be there in 2 years time. A few of my friends who have had appointments booked have now cancelled and gone somewhere else, obviously Boots are making too much money with no proper care.

“Nonexistent customer care”

Written on: 25/05/2021 by MariaPH (1 review written)

I had an appointment a couple of days ago in Boots Opticians on Princes Street in Edinburgh. The first person who started the consultation and did some tests, he was really helpful, friendly and professional. Then, I waited for the optometrist and her first approach was rude, I could not finish answering the first question, she asked me to stop several times and get to the point. I showed her an inform from a previous test done in my country and she asked for specific terms on the paper that I could not respond because were specific optician job related. She was angry about it and looked into them in the computer to translate them. I asked her the meaning of this terms but she did not reply to me. At this point I just wanted to leave the room and finish the consultation, I did not feel comfortable with the way she treated me, although I am a respectful person I stayed and continued until the end. At the end, she said to me to change my glasses, I told her I had to think about it, and she reply to me: 'If you don't change your glasses I willsee you here very soon'. This was not about what she said to me, but how she said this to me. She used this tone during the whole consultation. I was very surprised of her manners, a health professional should be polite, comprehensive and empathetic. I used the same service a few years back and I had a very good experience with all the staff including the optometrist. This is why, after this time, when I left the shop I felt hurt and I do not think I will go back there and I definitely do not recommended it to anybody. I believe everyone deserves to be treated with respect and humanely, showing care, kindness and sympathy. Thanks

“Unreadable prescription, customer service is not a...”

Written on: 24/04/2021 by Jagoscot (1 review written)

Do not use Boots Opticians in Durham. Had eye test there, new prescription needed. Quoted £220 to fit new lenses in existing, Boots supplied, frames. Went to another optician who could not read the prescription because of bad hand writing. It was impossible to contact them by phone over a four day period. I made a complaint, they promised Durham manager would contact me. He didn't. I complained again, spoke to Hub Manager who accused me of lying. Escalated to Head Office in Nottingham.In a series of emails I was told this was all my fault. However they promised to send me a readable prescription in the post. Two days later,nothing has arrived! I have abandoned all hope if very getting my prescription.I am going to pay for another test at a different optician.To repeat do not use Boots Opticians, customer service is not a priority for them!

“Garbage”

Written on: 05/09/2020 by kyleharris (1 review written)

Cancelled appointment and didn't tell me, disgusting service, DONT GO TO BOOTS OPTICIANS.

“Eye test promised free, then they want to be paid ”

Written on: 04/03/2020 by McIntyre218 (1 review written)

Call to ask for the cost of an eye test in Hammersmith, they tell me it's free. After the eye test they want £25. When I complain they reply they have no record of the call, so no refund. They offer a partial refund if I go through printing a voucher and go to then, which makes me waste time for something that is their fault. Plus, they imply I lied. No thanks, and never again.

“Ray Ban prescription glasses nose pads”

Written on: 11/02/2020 by Ianwalton (1 review written)

RAY BAN RB 6375 - 2944 Matte Black Prescription glasses. Bought these Ray Ban prescription glasses at the end of January '20 at Boot's opticians in Stockton-on-Tees, UK, which cost (full Opticians price) £240 and a total of £497 after including top of the range Ziess Transition lens' etc and I collected them 8th Feb. After wearing them for only 3 days, I found the 'hard' nose pads were making the bridge of my nose sore, so I returned to the opticians this morning and requested them to replace the pads with softer gel pads (as I have frequently done in the past when they prove uncomfortable or become discoloured or worn), but I was told that these pads can't be changed locally, as they are specific to Ray Ban frames only and Boot’s don't have the tools to replace them in store, as they could with any other make of frames they sell, and the glasses will have to be returned to Ray Ban UK to have the pads changed, which will take 2 weeks. Buyers, beware if purchasing Ray Ban glasses if you prefer the more comfortable soft gel pad's. The fault is partly due to me for not requesting gel pads when making the order and Boot's opticians for not informing me at the time that they are unable to change them if required at a later time. Disgruntled buyer.

“Bad Customer Service”

Written on: 24/01/2020 by Joshua332 (1 review written)

Went to Boots in Ashby-del-zouchis, eye test was fine, picked out some specs,felt a bit pressurised into having lenses, they were transitions that darkened at night to help with headlights, had thinner lenses, was told could go thinner for extra £60,said I would think about it, paid, told phone back if want other lenses, phoned next morning, took them about 2hrs to answer phone,asked to change order, told could not, asked for manager she phoned back 1hr later, told her wanted to cancel order,she was the most annoying person, did not see what was being said, out of frustration with her,asked her to pay money back onto card,after everything just wanted to put an end to this saga. She just kept going on and on, told her i was coming into branch with card for money. When we arrived, she started going on, over everything again, trying to sell me other lenses, I didn't want, then saying go ahead with order,see what specs are like when they arrive, she was just trying to keep the order, did not care about my requirements. In the end I had to make it clear in my attitude I just wanted my money returned, so I could leave the shop. Eventually after some uttering and tuting returned money. These glasses would have cost £416 and needed to be right. All they are interested is selling you anything, regardless whether it's what the customer wants. Will not use Boots again. Have now got new glasses from competitor for £208.

“King's Lynn Boots”

Written on: 15/01/2020 by Mnorgaileta (1 review written)

Following cataract surgery I went to Boots for an eye test. In trth it was the most thorough test I've ever had, and i had complete confidence in the guy. I usually see a coloured lady, who is also extremely thorough, but she was away and he was in hr place and I complimented him on how thorough she was..Apparently he supervised her and knew how good she was, but he really was the best man. I now have a new prescription, I understand how my eyes have changed over the last 18/12 (both eyes, not just the one that has had surgery) and I'm seeing more clearly now that I have for years. I went for the Platinum + with polarising filter and the ant-scratch. It was £300 but excellent value for money. I strongly recommend them.

“Wigan, Robin Park - Awful”

Written on: 31/08/2019

Went to Boots Robin Park to try a different optician to my normal one. Firstly I use about a 60/40 mix of glasses and rigid contacts. The bloke there told me I need bi-focals (never had them before) and that they can't be done as a contact lens. Had a 'eye test' and went back later to pick them up. He quick tested me and told me to go and have a look around to make sure they were fine. I went out into the shop, picked up a bottle and couldn't read the label. Went back and was told oh you didnt say they were for reading that kind of text?? WTH. He did another quickish test and reordered. Went back to roughly the same thing but with a woman this time. Still couldn't see properly at various distances. She did a full re-test and told me the other prescription was way off. Ordered some more..got those and they were a lot better, close but not perfect at a certain distance a little blurry, no idea if it's usual or not. I had broken my others so took them. Had them for a month before I realised arms not quite long enough/fitted properly, looking down and half the time slip off my head. Couldn't be bothered to drive the 12 miles for the 4th time. Wouldn't go again.

Denbo69's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2021

I called in Robin Park only last Wednesday because one of the 'nose clips' had broken off my varifocals. Young female repaired them for me and fitted a new one - no bother. She did ask if Boots had supplied them, which the branch in the town centre had. So, I have no complaints. I've called in before and always found the girls there brilliant.

Read 1 Comment

“Best Service Received”

Written on: 07/07/2019 by VictorHus (1 review written)

Boots opticians are committed to supply excellent service to its customers. Specifically Boots opticians at Speke (Mersey Retail Park). The team are going an excellent job, will recommend them anytime. They are aimed at having satisfied customers at all times. From Eyes Test to dispensing excellent. No one is perfect but if there are any glitches they go all they always set it right. I am at my second term of eyewear, my wife is on first term, we will stay with Boots opticians Speke because its great to have such people looking after your most precious asset, your eyes.

“Very good optician, terrible sales ”

Written on: 09/02/2018 by BobM58 (1 review written)

I have been a regular customer of Boots, Lewisham, after my recent experience, never again. I have to say that the optician and all of the staff that did my eye test were top notch, the sales staff were terrible. The person who served me seemed only interested in getting me to agree to 'extras' that were expensive. She even went as far as to say that some had been recommended by the optician 'given my condition', which was not true. Also, she repeatedly blamed the 'new system' as to why she could not give me an itemised break down of the cost of the pairs of glasses that I wanted. She also was not truthful when I asked about specific frames for the sunglasses that I wanted. The time it took to process the order for payment took almost 30mins. Again, the new system was to blame. When finished, she said that it could take two weeks and that the order might not be sent out for a day or two. When I asked again for details of the senior's discount, she said that her understanding of the new system did not allow her to give me a break down. The payment was finally completed just before 4pm. That evening I checked on the Boots website and read reviews of one of the features that I has agreed to and they were not good and did not seem to fit my eye condition. It also seemed that I did not receive the full discount. So at 9am the next morning, I called the store to change the order, but was told that it had been sent to the factory and that I could not change it. An hour later I was at the store and spoke to the manager, who said that since the lens had been started, I could not change or cancel the order. I then asked for at least a partial refund. She agreed, but the amount so ridiculous and after we had processed the refund, she said that has been willing to change the lens order, for cheaper lens, at no extra cost. But after all of the mis-information I had been told, I just kept the refund. My advice, while the optician staff are good, beware of the sales staff and make sure you get a full break down of the cost, to insure that you receive the full discount that Boots advertises that you are entitled to get. It was an expensive lesson for me and I will never order glasses again from Boots.

“Appalling sales technique . . .”

Written on: 04/01/2018 by Coraz295 (1 review written)

Went to Boots Bluewater for an eye test. Told my prescription had changed very little since the last test, but I was still handed over to a very sharp salesman. This super-spiv ignored my request just for new lenses in my existing frames and gave me a price for their "SPECIAL OFFER". This was £495. Since I am a pensioner this was way over a price I could manage, so I asked just for my prescription. Without a word, super-salesman threw it at me - I do not exaggerate - and stalked off. Now I have identical specs from an online company (with home trial included) for £157. After 30-odd years of buying from Boots this is now at an end.

“First class service”

Written on: 05/12/2017 by AraceliFoster (1 review written)

First class service one of the best eye test every and a very helpful man, the dispensing optician, very good value for money would recommend Bridlington branch to all my friends.

“Most horrible experience ”

Written on: 29/10/2017 by DonteCruz (1 review written)

Boots Opticians gave me the wrong prescription for my glasses and contactlenses for the last 10months i been suffering bad headaches. When i went to get copy of my hard copy last month thats when I realised that i was wearing the wrong prescription. When I questioned the lady who checked my eyes she wasn’t sure which prescription was ringht one for me. On the top if it i been chasing them to fix my glasses for past 1 month and had no results.