Petrus (Gordon Ramsay) Reviews

Petrus (Gordon Ramsay) - Ask a question now

“how does old Ramsey get away with it ? ”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Daniel.nick (4 reviews written)

when you go to a GR resturant you kind of feel that this should be great right, he makes himself famous by going round telling everyone where they are going wrong. but when you actually go to one of his own places you cant get awayh from the fact that its nothingh more than ok, in fact there are pubs Ive been to that pack better wow factor than this. Im a caterer of 15 years, so know a little about cooking, I've managed at some big venues. I managed a catered event at Gibson hall just last month; a serious and bog venue in London so think i know food. but the thing that keeps you sharp in this industry is the invention that comes from working in smaller resturants, or smaller events. I make sure that my compnay does a small unique wedding every few months as it is the small occassion that is when the foods has to "speak louder" so to speak- and thats where you develop ideas for the big occasions. ol GR has been to big for to long.

“Un-believeable”

Written on: 23/08/2013

I'm sure they don't care about reviews but this was one of the most fantastic dinning experiences I have had in London The food, the service, the wine - everything was faultless. The sheer attention to detail in the food and the presentation was perfection And, as for the glass wine cellar in the middle of the room - genius We were all made to feel very special, at no time did we feel like we weren't the focus of attention. I hope I will become a regular (not too regular though)

“Fantastic meal in a great atmosphere”

Written on: 18/07/2013 by bishopgatemusic (1 review written)

As a birthday treat for my husband, this 5 course taster meal for two couldn't have worked out better. The two and a half hours spent at Gordon Ramsey's Petrus flew by in a whirl of superb food and immaculate service from the polite and attentive staff. On arrival, we were shown to our table and given a glass of champagne. The menus were explained to us, and we made our order. I should say that I am a vegetarian, and the vegetarian options were extensive, imaginative and very good indeed. The meat dishes too were apparently superb, especially the lamb. Copious amounts of bread were forever appearing on the table, and not once did we feel under any pressure to buy an expensive bottle of wine or anything like that. The staff simply kept us replenished and explained things as we went along. Desserts were lovely, and there were a couple of extras - mini ice cream cones before he dessert, and a delicious white chocolate concoction on what looked like a bed of dry ice afterwards - by which time it was difficult to see how to fit it in! We both had the chocolate sphere for dessert which was outstanding. All in all, a great experience, and the bill for extras was a modest £60 for glasses of wine, 2 bottles of waters, and extra cheese course and coffee. We need an excuse to return.

“5 course taste menu”

Written on: 30/10/2012 by karenlarder50 (1 review written)

my children bought me this experience for my 50th birthday and i took my husband with me for his birthday in september .I thought it would be special for us both.On arrival we were showed to our table and was brought a glass of champagne.After a short while they came and took our order for our starter and main course and asked us if we would like a glass of wine with our meal.the food started arriving and when the tasters arrived we were told what each course we were eating was.The food was out of this world and the waiting on staff could not be more attentive.When we came to the dessert it was not just 1 but 3 courses amazing the staff asked if we were celabrating anything special and we told them it was my husbands birthday they came back with a dessert of a small maccaroon on a bed of slate and happy birthday was written in chocolate and a candle was light.All in all it was very special for both of us and would not hesitate to return again.