HTC Touch Reviews

Media Gallery for HTC Touch

Specification for HTC Touch

Main characteristics
Network Type: GSM 900 GSM 1800 GSM 1900 GPRS EDGE

“Had this phone (HTC Touch) for a while now. I can't...”

written by ianatuskix on 07/05/2010

Had this phone (HTC Touch) for a while now. I can't praise it enough. Ok it is not the fastest... and it is certainly no I-Phone killer, but definitely ticks most of the boxes for me. There is no GPS or 3g, which may be a problem for some, but the inclusion of Wi-fi somewhat makes up for this, especially with so many places offering free Wi-fi access these days. Besides this it is pretty feature complete, including bluetooth, microSD slot etc. It runs Windows Mobile 6.0 so there are quite a few apps you can download too, such as ones for YouTube and Facebook. For a phone that can be bought for less than £70 from ebay it really is excellent value.

“The HTC Touch is a very decent phone. It's all there...”

written by stringy09 on 04/09/2009

The HTC Touch is a very decent phone. It's all there apart from GPS and if you can use windows you can use this. Yes it's not the fastest but it is one of the smallest. Well put together and very reliable. Can't say anything else really, oh yes i can, it doesn't have 3G, which is a pain when your away from a wifi access point. But that's the only shortfall really.

“For one month that I've been using Touch, I am very...”

written by daniv on 15/09/2008

For one month that I've been using Touch, I am very much satisfied with its features and quality. Small and light enough to put on your shirt pocket. It's packed with features in its tiny body.

I also love the Touch Flo features, definitely a plus feature.

Volume is loud enough and the reception is crisp and clear. Wifi reception is also good for this small. Also its cheap enough for most people to afford.

Over all I give it an 8.

“I like the white HTC Touch because they are very cute...”

written by krisitnad 13 on 22/08/2008

I like the white HTC Touch because they are very cute and they have a nice big screen. I also like I can play games on it and go on the internet to go on youtube. Some of the programs on it are pretty cool. you can view it easily. I would have liked to know that you have to charge it 10 to 15 hours the day you bought it.....

“I bought the HTC Touch phone on the 30/06/08 and I'm...”

written by willbabe on 03/07/2008

I bought the HTC Touch phone on the 30/06/08 and I'm very pleased I bought it as I read every review I could on it and when I got a demo in the shop it sold it to me as its a very good smartphone with the latest software on it and fairly easy to use if your used to windows. You get all you need to use the phone out of the box. The wifi is great as it took me 2mins to set up and I was away on the net on my phone, call quality is good and screen quality is very good the sound quality is very good for listening to music. Plus you get a 1gb memory card to for those mp3's,the design is good and the build quality is good. I would recommend htc to anyone looking for a smart phone.

“HTC Touch is very Stylish and sleek about time a phone...”

written by on 07/05/2008

HTC Touch is very Stylish and sleek about time a phone like this is on the market - simply to take away the space from iphone! Bad points - not sure yet.

“The HTC Touch is good and eye catching PGA mobile...”

written by on 25/03/2008

The HTC Touch is good and eye catching PGA mobile phone. I like its shape and totally touch screen functions but it takes little time more in processing then other models in its segment.

“When I first bought the HTC Touch. I already...”

written by mahlerianvidz on 07/01/2008

When I first bought the HTC Touch. I already encountered problems with the camera. The camera was found to be defective and had to be sent for servicing 2 days after purchase. But I believed that hTC is a good manufacturer... better than Nokia at least. After repairing, the phone worked like a charm. I love the media suite offered. Songs can be organised and played easily by the audio manager. It is better than the default media player by windows. The touchFLO allows users to access important programs or settings easily. With Photos, Music and Videos on one side, it just makes entertainment easy. Texting is hard i must say. Being a new technology, I think it just needs some getting used to.Another downside is the side loading of the SIM card and SD card. Unless you have long nails, inserting or taking the cards out will be difficult. Heavy usage requires me to charge the phone every two days. So I guess it has some decent battery life. Now a comparable phone would be the iPhone. Of course the iPhone would make a better choice due to faster CPU and more RAM plus a much better web browser. But look at how much that would cost you. All in all, the Touch is a cheaper alternative to other PDAs out there, It is also small and compact unlike other PDAs and the iPhone. A great phone for PDA first timers.

“My dad was due a contract upgrade, and he was happy...”

written by tvdw on 22/11/2007

My dad was due a contract upgrade, and he was happy with his old phone, so i could have his upgrade, i went into the orange shop, and was told the best phone out at the moment was the htc touch, i was also interested in the samsung u600 and the new sony Ericson's k800i. But the htc touch had way to many brilliant features.

Within 3 weeks i wanted to take the phone back, this phone is brilliant, but it is not designed for teenagers, its designed for businessmen who want a computer on the go. If you are not a businessman/woman and are a heavy texter, or just like to text simply, do not buy this phone.

“Further to my previous review of the HTC Touch, I have...”

written by toria on 31/10/2007

Further to my previous review of the HTC Touch, I have to retract some comments! I've now had the use of the HTC Touch for a little longer and am increasingly liking it. A couple of things I still find annoying are the lack of any sort of keys for texting (doh, so why did I buy the phone!) and the virtual keyboard is far too small - however, you can use the in-built 'transcriber'. As I said previously, the cover for the SIM card and memory card is rather flimsy - I know that SIM cards shouldn't need to be changed much but just getting the SIM in on the first attempt was quite a trial and I cannot imagine the cover lasting very long as it appears to be attached to the phone by a couple of flimsy plastic 'bits'. Having said that, I do have a habit of changing phones regularly and therefore moving my SIM from one phone to another - just call me a 'blonde female airhead'! However, Wi-fi seems to work very well and I like the 3D 'cube' although it can be rather sluggish. The trick to speeding up the responsiveness of the phone I find is to ensure that when you've finished with a programme, that you close it. The main thing I do love about the phone now is the fact that there are no 'bits' to break off (apart from that SIM cover) and it is so neat and small that it will fit into anyone's jeans pockets or whatever. OK, so the camera is pretty dismal but what do you want, a camera or a phone!? I also have the Nokia N95 which has a fantastic camera but it is so much more bulky than this phone. This phone is not 3G (3rd Generation) so if you want to see someone when you speak to them or download stuff from the internet quickly, then this is not going to be the phone for you. However, if you want it for just checking emails occasionally, you can use the built in Wi-fi! One note, be careful about clicking on the weather 'bit' of the cube as every time you do this, you will be charged for downloading data, unless of course you have a data package included in your tariff. I got 'stung' with this a few days ago!

In summary, I WOULD now recommend this to a friend - no phone is perfect and this I think has got to be better than the iPhone which has no 3G, 2mp camera and is generally very limited (and indeed, out of date) compared to other phones on the market - also, the iPhone has a 'fixed' battery and Apple are notorious, I believe, for bad batteries!

“Unlike the last reviewer, I have had a good experience...”

written by danielm on 19/10/2007

Unlike the last reviewer, I have had a good experience with the HTC Touch. The TouchFlo is great, the OS is stable... the only time I had issues was installing a beta 3rd party application. I can use Google Maps on it seamlessly and the WIFI connects quickly and roams without a hitch.

Texting using the standard keyboard can be difficult, but there is an option to use a bigger keyset that can actually be used with your thumbs. I only really use the stylus for texting in a rush and surfing the web.

The MP3 player seems to do the trick and Windows Media Player is OK for video. You can also get some of the bigger codecs like DivX or Xvid if needed.

Spec-wise, this phone is fairly similar to the iPhone (which I haven't tried) but you don't pay the Apple tax and I got the phone free because I'm on the Web 'n Walk tariff. Also, it supports Micro SD cards so you're not limited to whatever space the manufacturer builds in.

As far as build quality is concerned, I think it's top-notch. I don't know what the other guy was doing with the card slot cover, but mine is fine. Yes, the SIM can be difficult to insert, but how many times does a person need to do that? My main worry was the screen getting ripped to shreds due to the ever increasing contents of my pockets (remember the days when all you had was your house key and a packet of Polos?), but HTC very helpfully provide a plastic film for the screen which has served me well so far.

Anyway, this phone is a far cry from the monstrosity that was the Samsung D800 I owned previously, and far more suited to my needs. My one point of dismay is the lack of 3G but if I can get EDGE working then it will all be good.

“Oh dear! I so wanted to love the HTC Touch - it looks...”

written by toria on 06/09/2007

Oh dear! I so wanted to love the HTC Touch - it looks sleek and sexy and the new 'TouchFlo' idea is brilliant in theory. However, personally, I really missed having any sort of keys to use to type SMS messages etc. The SIM card is very hard to get in properly - you have to press it down quite hard and make sure it clicks into place and the SIM card cover (as said previously) feels rather flimsy though I guess you shouldn't need to use it that often! Windows Mobile 6 seems fairly stable and very similar to Windows XP etc. so if you're familiar with PCs, it will be a breeze. Unfortunately, you cannot sync this with a Mac using iSync which was also a problem for me (I use both Mac and PC). Not sure what the camera was like as I didn't take any pictures but overall, a nice phone with a few niggles - having said that, it's new on the market so we should give it a chance I guess?! Perhaps the iPhone will be better. Still, I returned mine to Orange as it wouldn't send one particular SMS message for some bizarre reason and kept crashing and I now have the Nokia N95 which so far I am very happy with - and it syncs with both Mac and PC - JOY! I'm not sure that I could really recommend this hand on heart to a friend but mobiles are very personal things and if you can put up with the niggles I've mentioned, then go for it!