Southport, Splash World Reviews

Southport, Splash World - Ask a question now

“Overpriced”

written by on 27/10/2013

Cannot believe I had to pay £5 to sit in the cafe And watch as if £7 each for a child is not enough Plus the overpriced food prices no wonder it was quiet

“enjoyable day, but need's a clean.”

written by on 01/09/2012

I took my 10 year old and 5 year old yesterday 29/08/2012 to Splash World, They enjoyed the day but i was disappionted. We paid extra for gold bands that meant unlimited time in the pool, which was good value for money but these are best pre-ordered as only so many are sold each day. That meant we could wait until more quieter periods to use the slides.On the down side Both the changing room's and food court where flithy.Staff where more interested in checking bands than cleaning.Also with in an hour of leaving splash world i developed an itchy rash on my leg's. If splash world could improve there cleanliness this would of been a great day out.

“A FANTASTIC DAY OUT!!! SPLASH WORLD. SOUTHPORT....”

written by on 27/10/2010

A FANTASTIC DAY OUT!!! SPLASH WORLD. SOUTHPORT. Everything about this place is great. Under £30 for 5 of us; with parking fee and locker monies refunded too. There is plenty to keep the family amused for hours. All 3 slides are fantastic and the queues not too long(it was half term).Fun for all ages here, with various water fountains, large tipping buckets, climbing frame, water guns and a toddler area. The place was clean, with large changing area, plenty of staff on hand and a small poolside cafe too. We did not try the food; it did smell good though. Altogether a must do for the kids. Time and money well spent. Will definately be going again.

“went on a holiday to pontins southport, this was the...”

written by on 20/09/2010

went on a holiday to pontins southport, this was the only think i enjoyed the whole week ! 2.50 for 4 hour parking is not expensive i don,t think. for admission it was 20 quid for me n my boyfriend n son which i thought was reasonable.we spent 3 n half hours in here . it has 3 slides , fast one is ace , n the other 2 are just as good . my son is 9 he loved it ere n didnt want to leave! we had some dinner , kids meals are 3 quid n burgers for us were 2.35 each which i thought is also reasonable. i would defo recomend splashworld i loved it !! clean not at all dirty like some others have said on ere . make sure u check times thou , as it wasnt open during week just weekend as we went on sunday !

“Beware rip-off parking! For a start, you have to pay...”

written by on 27/07/2010

Beware rip-off parking! For a start, you have to pay for car parking despite paying an admission fee of £13 for one adult & one child for 90 minutes.
My husband & son paid for 2 hours parking; they then queued for several minutes to pay their entrance fee to Splash World and were just 5 minutes late getting back to their car but were charged a £25 fine.
Needless to say this left a very sour taste & they will never return to Splash World.

“had a great day out with my little girl, she is only 2...”

written by hayley wilks on 31/03/2010

had a great day out with my little girl, she is only 2 but she had the best time, i found it clean, the showers where great the place was clean, i would and will be going back

“Been to Splash World 4 times this year my grandkids...”

written by on 01/09/2009

Been to Splash World 4 times this year my grandkids love the place. Great if you turn a blind eye to the dirty floors and dirty cafe tables and cutlery. £7-50 for an adult is pricey for an hour and half. I will go again because the kids love the place, they do have a great time there, but I won't let them eat there and it gets very crowded. My grandkids ages are 12years and 8years I have also taken kids 15 and 14 years who also enjoy the place

“Will not be going back to Splash world. The changing...”

written by on 26/07/2009

Will not be going back to Splash world. The changing rooms were the dirtiest I have ever seen. Dirty nappies, chewing gum, toilet paper in the cubicles. We spent about 5 minutes walking around trying to find a cubicle that didn't look like a dustbin. The floor was dirty and you don't walk through a footwash or shower area to get into the main pool, so everybody is dragging this dirt into the pool with them.
The pool itself was good fun but busy. The eating area also looked like a tip with food all over the floor.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Went yesterday 1 june 09. Checked the Splash World...”

written by Kath2 on 02/06/2009

Went yesterday 1 june 09. Checked the Splash World website for opening and closing times first. It took an hour to get there and when we arrived we were told it was CLOSED. They could'nt be bothered to update the website. I had two very unhappy kids to deal with.
Is it to much trouble to update the opening and closing times on the website?

“ Southport, Splash World was amazing i went with my...”

written by on 16/04/2009

Southport, Splash World was amazing i went with my freinds and it was kinda scary going down the 25 meter slide.

“Three generations of girls on a day out aged 4, 26 and...”

written by on 09/06/2008

Three generations of girls on a day out aged 4, 26 and 51 had a really excellent day out at Splash World. The baby learned to swim and we will definitely go again. Pity there wasn't a family ticket for three to reduce our costs but I am not complaining. I am totally deaf without my hearing aids and very large and overcrowded water places don't do for me. This was just very nice.

“Overall, I feel that it is a average water park, water...”

written by sophbbe on 30/04/2008

Overall, I feel that it is a average water park, water but could definitely be improved by making it bigger and by adding more slides so that there is more to do!

“the so called "lazy river" isnt so 'lazy' on dunes...”

written by on 28/01/2008

the so called "lazy river" isnt so 'lazy' on dunes website they said it has water dingies in it... welll ermm... it doesn't. ergo it should be called "not so lazy (in the way u have to swim around it if your lighter than 5 stone) river"

“Splash World, Southport is really good but it would be...”

written by on 22/01/2008

Splash World, Southport is really good but it would be excellent if it weren't for the steps, but really enjoyed it! Water slides and dingees, also lazy river and climbing frames awesome!

“i found this theme park very fun i went thre for a...”

written by xfayex on 18/01/2008

i found this theme park very fun i went thre for a party and it was really goood !!! after the party we got a meal wich was nice and it is suitable for vegitariens . i would advise for you go there it is amazing