Karrimor KSB Reviews

• Style

Karrimor KSB - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Karrimor KSB

Karrimor KSB

“Avoid like the plague!!! ”

Written on: 06/08/2020 by Mateoa108 (1 review written)

Extremely poor or virtually non-existent cushioning in the soles (both insole and outsole), increasing risk of blistering or bruised heals / soles, particularly on longer treks or when carrying heavy rucksacks. The insole is as thin as a piece of card and the outsole has no give whatsoever, being made of solid hard rubber. Utterly useless and ruined a 5 trek in just one day, causing significant bruising/blistering in the heel area (we were carrying 15kg of gear). Maybe OK for shorter walks with no extra weight, but that's not what they make themselves out to be for, so over selling themselvesby a along way. My tip, always check the insoles and replace with a quality after market pair as some manufacturers provide basic ones that are only comfortable when trying on in the store. Also ensure the outsole are not just hard wearing and grippy, but have plenty of give and cushioning.

“RIP OF PRICES”

Written on: 21/07/2017 by Kyson1969 (1 review written)

Everywhere you look these are listed ast a £100 boot discounted to around £40 these have never been a £100 boot you can buy better for £40

“KSB Leaky boots ”

Written on: 21/11/2015 by DartmoorPhil (1 review written)

So disappointed with my KSB Hot Rock Boots! Despite their fine aesthetic appearance and claims of waterproofness, my toes and soles were soaked walking just 10 metres in short wet grass on Dartmoor today. Only had the boots for a few weeks. Will be asking for a refund at Sports Direct. Selling something as "waterproof" when it is this sketchy is potentially dangerous when they are being used in wild country in the colder, wetter months. From prior experience I suggest you save up your pennies and get some Gore-Tex lined boots.

“very disappointing”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by mcfcok (1 review written)

First wear in heavy rain (3daysold)and the toes are letting in water. Walk was on hard ground for 30 minutes only. These boots are not suitable for the purpose described at Sports Direct despite an assistant assuring me they were totally waterproof. Not recommended for sedentary walking let alone going up the fells. They are potentially dangerous if weather conditions werte to become extreme.

“Ksb IV Weathertite boots”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by 481Gardner (1 review written)

I bought a pair of Karimoor, Ksb 4 Weathertite boots when I was 18. I got them after doing a day walk, up near Sheffield. The pair of boots I replaced them, for had given me 6 blisters in a day. After a lengthy trial, I've walked them on 3 Expeditions through the Peak District through, all elements, including 3 farms. Yet Karimoor have delivered time and again, without compromise the redeeming features, are Comfort, durability and good all rounding boots. The only downside is the Waterproofness, but I can say these are worth the fee you pay,

“Karrimor NO MORE!”

Written on: 21/07/2014 by Tanner486 (1 review written)

Sought assistance from their so called Service Centre. Response was as though I was a blithering idiot. I replied respectfully amplifying on my initial request but was just ignored. Lucky since further research from websites such as this showed that there are better products available.

“Walking Boots”

Written on: 20/01/2014

Having read some of the review about the Karrimor KSB Boots I am surprised that some people have said they are useless, not waterproof, etc. I purchased these boots while on a walking trip to Wales after I got wet in my own walking shoes and bought these. I wore them for 4 days on approx 10-15 km walks every day and was dry, warm and comfortable. Please note: I was fitted for these boots and I might add that if you have a wide foot you need to go up at least a half size if not a full size from your usual shoe size. SORE FEET AFTER A DAY IN BOOTS OR SHOES IS A SURE SIGN THAT YOU ARE WEARING THE WRONG SIZE AND POSSIBLE THE WRONG SOCKS TOO. (Thanks to the shop assistant who put me right and fitted me for the boots) She also advised on boots that did not suit me so beware when buying. Can I also advise that a good pair of socks is important too.

““Had my KSBs for 2 years. By far the most...”

Written on: 11/11/2013 by tofiz (20 reviews written)

Had my KSBs for 2 years. By far the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Used virtually every week in all weathers including 2 Alpine backpacking holidays. Now the waterproofing and some of the stitching has gone. However, buy sensibly for approx £50 and these are a bargain, even if you have to change them every other year. Rather £50 and comfortable replaced every 2 years, than £100 and never perfect comfort, even if more expensive boots do last longer.

“won't buy Karrimor again!”

Written on: 10/06/2013

I bought a pair of Event walking boots after my old KSB boots gave up after 5 years superb service, I survey woodlands and used the old boots every day and literally walked thousands of miles in them in the mud. I bought a pair of event boots as I was impressed with my old KSB's. Comfortable enough but they weren't waterproof as advertised and heel tore away from the upper after 8 weeks. I threw them in the bin and bought some Merrel boots that aren't as good as the old KSB's but are 100 times better than the rubbishKarrimor sell these days. I wouldn't risk wasting my time and money on any Karrimor product anymore.

“Poorly made!”

Written on: 05/06/2013 by matt2109 (2 reviews written)

Bought boots and paid £40 for them. 5 months later they split and are worn out. I have been walking casually round town and did not go hiking or place anything demanding on them. They won't replace them as they think they have had excessive wear. Even if I had worn them whilst hiking up everest you would expect a pair of so called walking boots to last longer than 5 months. Think twice before buying footwear under this brand.

“KSB Boots Very Disappointing”

Written on: 07/05/2013

I purchased a pair of KSB Aspen Mid 111 weatherlite waterproof boots some 6 months ago. Use them for Saturday walks of 16-20 miles round trip usually North or South Downs Way. I had to purchase a larger pair than my usual shoe size due to there being no width choice available. The first time I used them, they got wet on the outside, which fairly quickly soaked through to my socks, so I had wet feet with boots labeled waterproof. There had been a lot of rain, so I had to accept at the time the water could have run down from the tops of the boot, so gave them the 'benefit of the doubt'. After this,as the weather improved, and several dry walks, the boots seemed to be OK. About 3 months later on a wet day, the boots became completely saturated again. I dried them out slowly and used them the following Saturday with the same result. After drying them, I placed a powerful torch inside the boot and could see specks of light through a row of holes which looked like an unstitched seam. The problem is on both boots. The guarantee was registered with Karrymor, and I am expected to return them to the reatiler to claim, but the retailer's local shop has closed. I had the receipt to register the boots, but can't find it now! I expected better from Karrimor,as my wife had an excellent pair of their walking boots which lasted for many years and finally wore out, so on that example, I purchased my boots. I feel badly let down by the rubbish quality of these boots and I feel that the trade description of being waterproof is not true. No amount of re-proofing the boots would be any good as the membrane is perforated.

“Karrimor ksb hot rock weathertite”

Written on: 05/04/2013

These walking shoes are about as robust as a pair of slippers. My pair had the heels worn through to the air pockets in 6 months. when I took them back I was told that was all I could expect from them and that was their expected lifespan. A brand that has definitely gone down the pan.

“Karrimor KSB350 Event 2”

Written on: 21/11/2012 by migwelda (1 review written)

Have had ksb's before, that i was very happy with. They where my everyday footwear and lasted 3yrs. Never leaked or fell apart just wore out. So having owned Karrimor before i decided on some more. Since having these boots i've started trekking and have got them soaking in deep, muddy water logged fields and cannot believe how well they have coped. They are comfortable warm and sturdy i would recommend these to anyone on a budget as for the price i don't think they can be matched(£50 sportsdirect). My wife also got some karrimor mount mid boots these have proved to be nowhere near as good leaking after only our second outing even though they say WATERPROOF on the side. But in there defence they are very comfortable,light and my wife loves them so she will be using them in the summer and we'll be getting some KSB350's for her to use now.....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

“POOR QAUILITY WALKING BOOTS FROM DRAGONFLY?!!”

Written on: 21/10/2012 by Vince77 (2 reviews written)

After 7+ years I reluctantly retired my merrell walking boots for no other reason than the soles had worn down so making them a bit slippery. I spent a fair bit of time looking at other walking boots & being happy with other karrimor products I put my faith in a pair of there top range walking boots at £90. From the first long walk they was not as comfortable as my previous merrells. I’ve had them for a year now but only worn them 10 times or so, as I bought them only for when we go on long walks. I have tried just about every type of inner sole on the market to get some wear out of them but after a recent 5k walk on the isle of mull when I got up the next morning & my feet still hurt I just gave up on them. I spent the rest of our holiday walking in a pair of £25 regatta boots, which are far more comfortable. In fact I can honestly say my £20 steel toe capped work boots are more comfortable than the £90 karrimoors!! I now only use these boots for walking my dog & will have to buy a proper pair of walking boots, I will almost certainly go back to merrells. As for the company karrimor, they do not actually exist! I sent a letter of complaint about these boots to karrimor & I got a standard reply from dragonfly venture group? After a bit more investigation I found out that karrimor is just a name, along with about 9 others, that is registered to sportsdirect.com!! Anyone reading this please do yourself a favour, do not waste your money, go for a proper branded pair of walking boots as I do go on long walks & these boots are a complete waste of money!!

“karrimor ksb weayhertite boots”

Written on: 01/09/2012

bought these boots end of july,soles worn out already 6 weeks life span very disappointed.I Will not be bying karrimor again

“Karrimor KSB - heel collapsed”

Written on: 10/05/2012

I had a pair of "old Karrimor" KSBs - lasted over 10 years - huge use - worn but still serviceable. Last year I bought a pair of "identical" "new Karrimor" KSBs from Field & Trek in Covent Garden. After about half a dozen short outings the internal heel on the left boot completely collapsed in on itself rendering them useless. F&T don't want to know as they are over a year old (I didn't use them much!) Avoid "new Karrimor" footwear like the plague - its is just terrible quality trading on an old reputation. We had similar experiences with cheap karrimor trail shoes - which equally disintegrated.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2012

Had the same issue with (KSB 350 lite ten months old) but with both soles going completed soft so you may as well be wearing slippers out on the mountain for all the good they are. Resulted in ruined feet and a 7 day hike cancelled on second day. Have had a pair of KSB 300 since 2008 and these are still going strong .. if a little tatty now.

Skipbourne's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2014

I'm so sad to read so many slandering reviews of how the once amazing Karrimor KSB boots have been reaped of their name and quality.
I bought mine in April 2003 in Little Burke Street Melbourne on special price for $245.00 and after 6 continents of almost everyday of ware and tare, they finally died in 2013. The Romanian made Karrimor boots with Vibram soles WERE amazing! Dry and comfortable to their end.
So sad that large commercial companies buy out small, quality businesses, deplete their quality and reape their good name. :-(

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/06/2012

Just had the same problem with a pair of two pair reggata boots but Hawkshead refunded money on one as only 4 month old
The others were 12 month old
I think this is a common problem due to most boots been made at the same chinese factory

Read 3 Comments

“Karrimor KSB - 6 months use at most”

Written on: 18/04/2012

First set of Karrimor boots and will be my last. The heel wore through in no time and although still waterproof on uppers, the cavity in the heel lets water straight through to inner lining. Karrimor themselves call this wear and tear and is not a design or manufacturing fault. Very poor in terms of value for money and given the competition I will look elsewhere.

“fantastic boots”

Written on: 07/10/2011 by ombrearanya72 (1 review written)

iv had 4 pairs of these boots over the last 5 years and they are by far the best boots iv owned. iv recomended these boots to two of my friends who wear them and agree they are brilliant. iv climbed and scrambled up the top 14 peaks in the UK in these boots. i wear them nearly every day and purchase a new pair every year wearing the older pair for work. even with my job working in a garage with oil and stuff on the floors and on my feet 8 hours a day they still last another year at least. if this isnt good quaility and value for money then il eat my boots. as for all the doubters that have left negative comments on these boots saying they not waterproof for long and wear out quickly must have toe nails like talons and skin like 40 grit sandpaper to wear through these, not to mention the club foot. lol. anyway if you have any doubs i have all 4 pairs still and only the first pair are badly worn but still wear them for gardening. shame on all you doubting thomases.

Irgrant's Response to ombrearanya72's Review

Written on: 07/05/2013

They can't be the same boots I bought!

Read 1 Comment

“Karrimore event boot - fine at first- fell apart later”

Written on: 09/09/2011

Purchased Karrimore 'Event' boot March 2010 after recommendation from friend. Initially very comfortable, light and water proof on day walks and a couple of long weekends in the Lake district. Just finished Tour Mont Blanc in the Alps, the sole became worn through after 7 days and the rubber glue to upper started to peel away! The boots have plenty of tread left but both soles appear to have lifted from the main boot and disintegrated. I am aware that the boots are 18 months old but bearing in mind I have only worn them (out of a max. 70 weekends since purchase) for say 30 day walks (on soil in Hertfordshire) 3 long weekends in the Lake district and 14 days recently in the the Alps I believe this to be very poor value. I did pay £90 for these boots from Blacks (did I pay over the odds!!!) and consider the quality to be very poor, other (cheaper) boots I have had have lasted much longer. Whats happened to Karrimore quality?

“KSB boots well below expectations”

Written on: 15/08/2011

I purchased a pair of KSB Tour 11 waterproof boots some 6 months ago. Used them for some minor walks at first as it took quite a long period to break them in. After this period, on my second long hike, the weather was very wet and the boots became completely saturated on the return leg of the hike. Unsure as to why this happened, I dried them out slowly and used them the following week-end with the same result, however the conditions were not as poor as the previous week. I returned them and got a replacement pair with the assurance that my experience was an anomaly. I was also assured that their waterproofing was more than equivalent to Goretex. However the replacements have quickly become saturated on their four outings. I do not intend to use them again for hill walking. Okay for hard surface walking except they do not adequately deal with sweat but no good even in long wet grass. Lousy value for Euro 120. When I contacted the company I got the stock email reply but little else of importance except that the waterproofing was equivalent to Goretex. I perseverd and advised that the boots had failed on their first outing. I was then told that I need to reproof the boots after each outing. Go figure that one out. Remember these boots are advertized and sold as waterproof hiking boots. In my case this is patently not true. They even have 'waterproof' printed on the inside lining.

Thewalkingstore's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2013

All boots need waterproofing on the outers to prevent saturation as you yourself pointed out, if the outers are soaked where does your sweat go? Nowhere, stays where it is inside the boot, proof the outers and see the vast improvement in performance the liners on all lined boots should be viewed as the last line of defense against water ingress. All proper walking shops will tell you this when your buying the boots.

Read 1 Comment

Asked by loucalcott on 26th October 2020 Report this content
Are Ladies KARRIMOR HELIUM walking boots waterproof?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by denisberryman on 1st January 2014 Report this content
What does KSB stand for?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site