Logix 3300D Reviews

• Sound Quality

Logix 3300D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Logix 3300D

Logix 3300D

“The Logix 3300D is a fairly basic dvd player. It does...”

Written on: 28/04/2004 by bonzobanana (10 reviews written)

The Logix 3300D is a fairly basic dvd player. It does look rather flashy with its big long red led at the front and multicolour LED display (options in the menus to turn off led and dim led display). The player is heavy, large and feels well made compared to later models.

Connections are pretty basic. You get RGB scart, s-video, audio phonos, composite and digital coaxial output.

Performance is very good. The picture while not the very best out there is pretty good. Sound is excellent as far… Read Full Review

“although i am very pleased with the LOGIX 3300D DVD...”

Written on: 09/03/2004 by escapeordie (1 review written)

although i am very pleased with the LOGIX 3300D DVD player the remote control is a bit of a let down as it could of been designed abit better. about 99% of my dvd's play ok not perfect some just will not play on this multi-region player… Read Full Review

“I bought this after reading some reviews but I wish I...”

Written on: 17/11/2003 by megathorn (1 review written)

I bought this after reading some reviews but I wish I hadn't bothered - I paid £112.00- it arrived broken then I returned it -replacement DVD's remote control stopped working - got a new one and now after 18 months the DVD suddenly stops working and shuts down. I am putting this one in the bin and going to buy another DVD player and it will certainly not be a Logix!… Read Full Review

“Got my player at a very reasonable price (£20) so i am...”

Written on: 19/08/2003 by kevp33 (1 review written)

Got my player at a very reasonable price (£20) so i am really pleased indeed i can now watch my VCDs without the need of my computer so that means i can now chill in front of tv… Read Full Review

Wbaamy's Response to kevp33's Review

Written on: 06/10/2003

if u are able to watch it then u must know the crack code can u let me know it please

Read 1 Comment

“We bought this machine 11 months ago after reading a...”

Written on: 06/07/2003 by phil. (1 review written)

We bought this machine 11 months ago after reading a review and have not been disappointed with it. The only word of warning about the package we purchaced was the fifty DVD,s included, don't bother unless you wish to watch Chinese Kung Fu films with the voice dubbed 20 seconds late and B rated movies the actors wish they had'nt bothered putting their names to.
P.S with this collection check out the CD the 'Titanic',its the animal version enough said… Read Full Review

“I bought this DVD player about a month ago and was...”

Written on: 30/06/2003 by Dave. (1 review written)

I bought this DVD player about a month ago and was happy with it till I started to notice that the words did not go with the mouths, at first I thought it was the dvd itself but all are the same, I know a site that gives details of the problem with vcds but not actual "dvds" is it a problem with this macine in general and can you sort it out in any way… Read Full Review

“I bought mine from Tescos in the sports DVD bundle for...”

Written on: 20/06/2003 by MonkeyJug. (1 review written)

I bought mine from Tescos in the sports DVD bundle for (i think) £80. I've never watched the DVDs, apart from the World Cup '98 one but the player is worth every penny of the money I spent on it. This DVD player is available for £50 nowadays, and if you don't already own a DVD player, or are looking for a CD-r compatible player, you can't afford to overlook this fine piece of equipment.

It holds it own against top of the range players and apart from the SVCD problem mentioned above, I'd buy… Read Full Review

“Haven't actually seen the player as of yet, but from...”

Written on: 28/03/2003 by Lizard. (1 review written)

Haven't actually seen the player as of yet, but from what I have heard, it's a great machine. Just wanted to write this reveiw to let people wanting/considering to buy this player that there's a site selling it for £56 (including delivery)!! Can't see any catches! Correct as of 28/03/2003
Address: http://www.ddoffer2.com… Read Full Review

Bargainfan.'s Response to Lizard.'s Review

Written on: 22/04/2003

Question for anyone in the know please:I seem to have a Problem playing a copied Dvd on it another one plays fine(except bad picture)Any Ideas?
<br><br>Also where do i get the Firmware Update?The only one i found on their Website is for the Logix3000?
<br><br>thanks.

Shantigohil.'s Response to Lizard.'s Review

Written on: 28/04/2003

Here is the website for the firmware.
<br>
<br>http://www.omni-data.co.uk (firmware)
<br>http://www.lgiu.com/dvd/dvd3300D.html URL
<br>
<br>shanti

Read 2 Comments

“Had the LG 3300d for a while now, had no problem. Have...”

Written on: 13/03/2003 by SNAGGLETOOTH. (1 review written)

Had the LG 3300d for a while now, had no problem. Have used the multi region hack (works a treat).I bought it really cheep and the quality is really quite good.
Go and buy one today save you a fortune.

Norm.'s Response to 79715_SNAGGLETOOTH.'s Review

Written on: 08/07/2003

Hi ... just brought this dvd player. Can anyone give easy instructions how to convert it to be able to play mulit region dvd ... the instructions were supposed to be in the box but werent.
<br>I would really appreciate any help .. also I hate to say it, but I am a female so can the directions be easy/ clearly staged?!?!
<br>I thank you in advance x

181737_Uncle001's Response to 79715_SNAGGLETOOTH.'s Review

Written on: 15/01/2005

Does anyone know if this DVD player plays DVD +R?
<br> Uncle

Johno002's Response to 79715_SNAGGLETOOTH.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2004

The person was looking for multi region hack- menu custom set-up press the number 3 button 4 times, make sure that the disk door is open while doing it all the number regions should show then select 0.

Derekbiggs's Response to 79715_SNAGGLETOOTH.'s Review

Written on: 05/04/2004

I have the model 3300d but wish to convert to multi-region but having difficulty as the text requires to press shuffle button?
<br>In error I have destroyed the Instruction book. does anyone know how I can obtain a copy as the Manf does not seem helpful

Mr Red's Response to 79715_SNAGGLETOOTH.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2003

happy with the unit

Read 5 Comments

“I tried the region hacks and set mine from code 2 to...”

Written on: 31/12/2002 by Mike. (1 review written)

I tried the region hacks and set mine from code 2 to code 0 but the macrovision remained on. I read somewhere that setting it to region free, ie; code 0, would unlock the macrovision too. It didnt. It's time we bribed someone at logix to post the macrovision hack… Read Full Review

70200_A4Pacific.'s Response to 61858_Mike.'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2003

All you need is a Scart Cable which has a built in Macrovision disabler, I got one for about £20 in some computer fair.

☆☆☆☆☆

“So I bought this player as a xmas present for my...”

Written on: 29/12/2002 by mik. (1 review written)

So I bought this player as a xmas present for my girlfriend, imagine my dissmay when the playback gradually starts to jerk until it is unwatchable! This happens on every disc within 30 minutes completley useless, allthough I think I may have a duff machine… Read Full Review

62205_Bruce.'s Response to 61201_mik.'s Review

Written on: 02/01/2003

I had the same trouble so I called the number on the guarantee and they delivered another player the next day by carrier which was New Years Eve. Excellent service

Read 1 Comment

“I would recommend this dvd to anyone”

Written on: 17/12/2002 by moochy. (1 review written)

I would recommend this dvd to anyone… Read Full Review

“Hi everyone new here I have the logix dvd/video...”

Written on: 10/12/2002 by mouse. (1 review written)

Hi everyone new here I have the logix dvd/video cd/cd/mp3 player logix-3300D for over a year now seems like everyone that has this dvd player has the same problem. I myself have the same problem but only poor quality svcd but have played some very good quality svcd s and had no problem with them at all. I think it depends on the quality of the recording in the first place I'd recommend this dvd player to anyone that is buying thier first dvd player can`t go wrong good value for thier… Read Full Review

111832_Dave.'s Response to 56916_mouse.'s Review

Written on: 30/06/2003

I can recommend the sony HTDDW740 home cinema system to any body with a dvd player whatever make, but shop around on the internet as it has come down in price (around £200) try pricerunner for best price. Now can any one help me I have sync problems with DVDs not just vcds any ideas would be grateful

Read 1 Comment

“It seems to be a cool machine, I got mine with 50 dvd...”

Written on: 05/12/2002 by Mike. (1 review written)

It seems to be a cool machine, I got mine with 50 dvd movies from blockbuster video for a hundred and fifty quid.... it's nice to see support for the maxhine, I am looking to flash the machine so I can put my own screens on the tv and not the usual dvd logo one sees, once I get this sorted I'll post how to do it, I'm also going to try out the multi region hacks listed online… Read Full Review

“The multi region hack is:- 1.Press open then Set up...”

Written on: 01/12/2002 by Dave. (1 review written)

The multi region hack is:- 1.Press open then Set up (on remote). 2.Right scroll to custom set up (last option). 3.Press 3, 4 times, press enter. 4.Select code 0, press enter. 5.Press set up. The player should now be multi region… Read Full Review

98915_Jason.'s Response to 54921_Dave.'s Review

Written on: 18/05/2003

Wonderful hack. thanks

Johno002's Response to 54921_Dave.'s Review

Written on: 22/09/2004

I have never had a problem with the logix 3300d, thanks to hacks dvds.com I have changed my dvd player to multi region, its great roll on movies.

Read 2 Comments

“I didn't buy this DVD player I got it as an...”

Written on: 23/11/2002 by Ishy. (1 review written)

I didn't buy this DVD player I got it as an alternative to sales commission,(I sold 30 TFT monitors)either that or £64.00 in cash, I made the right choice. Good player no problems so far, I have ordered some foreign DVD`s & was wondering if anyone knows if the 3300D is multiregion & if not how can I make it region free?… Read Full Review

54237_George.'s Response to 52995_Ishy.'s Review

Written on: 28/11/2002

Yes this dvd come be adjusted to multi region

Read 1 Comment

“This is a great solid machine. I bought mine very...”

Written on: 07/11/2002 by Mark (UK). (1 review written)

This is a great solid machine. I bought mine very cheaply and am very pleased indeed with it. It plays my MP3 CD's no problem... And, I can confirm that the hack for multi-region works a treat :) I bought a James Taylor DVD from the USA a while back and kicked myself when it wouldn't play in my player - then a friend suggested it could probably be hacked - so, I did a search - and here I am - and it works a treat :) As I write this, the kids are watching Shrek, the picture quality is good - NOT… Read Full Review

Chippy.'s Response to 49116_Mark (UK).'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I have tried the hack on mine and it doesn't work.
When I scroll to the right to custom set up, and then down to the last option, it is called default , and right to that it is reset, i've tried and all I get is restore factory settings.. Very dissapointed as I bought this machine on the understanding it was multiregion as advertised !! by LG.

80441_Steve.'s Response to 49116_Mark (UK).'s Review

Written on: 16/03/2003

Can anybody help me... ? I played one copy dvd and my player now only plays in black and white, Is there anything i can do to reset it? to avoid any repair bills...

A4Pacific.'s Response to 49116_Mark (UK).'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2003

Chippy, the hack does work, you turn on the machine, press open, press setup, and goto the custom screen, then press 3, 3, 3, 3, then have have a hidden menu, choose 0 for multiregion

Read 3 Comments

“This Logix 3300D DVD player has a lip sync problem and...”

Written on: 12/10/2002 by AtariSTE. (1 review written)

This Logix 3300D DVD player has a lip sync problem and the remote control loses preprogrammed functions when the firmware upgrade is applied! Logix support sites don't appear to have an answer for the remote control problems! Any ideas anyone?… Read Full Review

52593_Dc.'s Response to AtariSTE.'s Review

Written on: 22/11/2002

Picked up one today, grabbed firmware update and sure enough the key mapping on the remote control is now messed up (including no stop button anymore). The picture quality is also the worst I have ever seen on a DVD player. I will be taking this back to the shop as soon as!

Read 1 Comment

“The Logix 3300D is a nice DVD player sold as Region 2...”

Written on: 18/08/2002 by John Henry. (1 review written)

The Logix 3300D is a nice DVD player sold as Region 2 in the UK but advertised as Multi Region by LG. Can be made Region 0. The SCART lead that comes with this player is just a multi-core cable which is very poor quality. I am surprised about this as LG are degrading the output of the player by supplying this very cheap lead. In my case I unsoldered the connectors, threw the cable away, bought some reasonable SCART cable from Maplin - 2 pounds a metre - and made a nice lead… Read Full Review

42648_Gaz.'s Response to John Henry.'s Review

Written on: 09/10/2002

A nice review, good to know that my DVD player can be converted to muti-region, shame the author didn't bother to tell us all how to do it????

56395_Hass.'s Response to John Henry.'s Review

Written on: 07/12/2002

If gaz had bothered to read the earlier review (only 2 -3 more up the page) he would have seen the multi-region hack posted there!

Read 2 Comments

“I bought this Logix 3300D DVD player from Tesco with...”

Written on: 31/07/2002 by Mike. (1 review written)

I bought this Logix 3300D DVD player from Tesco with only £99.99. The price is great and the machine is working fine. I can use it to play any DVD Disc, VCD and enjoy the MP3 music.

I am very happy to recommend the user to buy this machine as their first DVD player. It won't let you down… Read Full Review

33516_Richard.'s Response to 31392_Mike.'s Review

Written on: 16/08/2002

comment that with a hack plays any region but what is a hack and how do i apply it. also will it play svcd format.