The Asian Cookshop Reviews - www.theasiancookshop.co.uk

The Asian Cookshop www.theasiancookshop.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Asian Cookshop www.theasiancookshop.co.uk

The Asian Cookshop www.theasiancookshop.co.uk

“GREEDY Asian shop”

Written on: 15/06/2022 by Sinital (1 review written)

I ordered for the first time from Asian cookshop, as the item I wanted, I didn't have time to go get. DPD was delivering it on a certain day, so I stayed home. At around 6pm, it was due. Then I got a message saying delivered, with a picture of someone else's property. I went to a few addresses with the same number as me but no luck. I rang DPD, and was told the driver will pick the parcel back up and re-deliver to me. No such luck. I contacted Asian cookshop and after alot of emails back and fourth, they knew I didn't receive it but stopped communicating with me. DPD rang me to say they are opening an investigation but not a word since. I'm now having to go through my banks disputes to get a refund. I will never order from them again, greedy!

“Speedy delivery & helpful customer services! ”

Written on: 29/12/2019 by NathalieR (1 review written)

Put in a large online order and contacted customer services to ensure there was no delay. The helpful staff expedited the order & kept me informed all the way. The well packaged order was delivered within 2 days. The brands are the good quality ones I have used for years for my Chinese and Indian cooking and were a great price. Definitely my go to store from now on ... & since found they deliver to France!

“Failed To deliver”

Written on: 24/03/2019 by Isaix237 (1 review written)

Ordered am item from the Asian Cookshop,it never arrived,emailed them about it and they blamed the delivery company DPD.Washed their hands of the matter and refused to refund money.No refund,no food NOTHING RECEIVED - Will never buy from them again.

“Can't be more impressed!”

Written on: 23/02/2019 by Spiceylady (1 review written)

I live n France which is not known for Asian food and supplies are really difficult to buy and quite pricey! Found this on the web along with another site but decided to give this a go! Ordered on Sunday evening and the good arrived Thursday. Very impressed with delivery time, well packaged. Prices are excellent even including delivery charges. Will definately buy from them again and recommend to friends.

“Failure to deliver ”

Written on: 19/09/2017 by Dominick205 (1 review written)

After waiting several days for an order which was supposed to come via express delivery which cost extra, I emailed to inquire about my order. That got no response. Emailed a second time and several hours later I received a response telling me I hadn't supplied a house number or name. In fact the house name was very clearly given along with the correct post code. First, decent customer service would have meant I would have been contacted, advised why my shipment was delayed and requested to give whatever info was needed. Except that didn't happen, I had to contact them. But hey, they had my money so I suppose they could care less. I emailed again stating that my house name was given already and that there was no number. I asked why I wasn't contacted if there was a problem. No answer again. Emailed a different department and was told since they couldn't get my correct information they were cancelling the order. Perhaps they don't need customers but with this level of disregard for a customer, I would think they soon won't have any customers at all.

“Excellent! Great Customer Service & Delivery, Unbeatable!!”

Written on: 18/12/2016 by RachelAd (2 reviews written)

So glad I found the Asian Cook Shop, they have such a huge range of products I will be surprised if there's an ingredient they don't sell. I had a few questions before and after completing and emailed them for help. Like most companies nowadays they had only an email contact, but on both occasions my queries were dealt with efficiently and I was able to return one item ordered without any hassle [pot was way too big for my cooker, I should have read sizes online more carefully!] I am a seasoned 'onliner' and do all my shopping online, so I must say they really are a class act. The attention to detail on packaging, professionalism and customer care is what really sets them apart. I have had too many bad experiences shopping online, where some shops use inadequate packaging, have no point of contact or after care, it is a breath of fresh air to find the asian cookshop. I look forward to ordering from them again soon and will highly recommend.

“Don't buy from this store”

Written on: 12/10/2016 by Aiyanay463 (1 review written)

I am disapponted with the service . I bought good day biscuits and advert clearly mentioned price drop for 90 gm pack from 90 pence to 75 pence. So bought total 50 packs which I needed to chase up and emailed customer care. No reply but received order3-4 days after that. I noted that instead if 90gm pack they sent me 75 gm pack which was not what I ordered. I emailed customer care with the compliant and replacement. No reply for a week. So called on phone and it was an unmanned phone where you cannot leave message but simply get a recorded message to email customer care. I wish I had read the reviews below before buying from this dealer. Please beware of this dealer as you are likely to be duped and there is no customer care concept at all. Stay away

“No goods and zero customer service”

Written on: 26/04/2016 by Hireahymer (5 reviews written)

Taken payment 2 weeks ago, no goods. Sent 3 emails and no response. I guess I now have to try and get a refund through my credit card company

“. Robdogs! charged for goods and services not received!”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by Clarkenr296 (1 review written)

I selected express delivery with tracking because I needed the items quickly and because it gave me delivery options; wrong! i received a text with delivery date but the tracking link provided didn't work so, I emailed customer services.......no response. I received a text from the courier stating redelivery arranged for the following day as I wasn't at home.......great, I would be home. unfortunately, Asiancookshop asked the courier to leave with a neighbour despite me asking them not to. my parcel was delivered to a neighbour I've never seen or met because we both work shifts. I still haven't received my parcel and Asiancookshop is refusing to accept responsibility and refund. Robdogs

“Order not delivered”

Written on: 02/03/2016 by qqPayne1981 (1 review written)

My order (international) was never delivered. Customer service is non existant. Avoid this shop online!

“Excellent! Fast delivery, Great Customer Service”

Written on: 21/02/2016 by DaxMcMahon465 (1 review written)

I have to commend the quality of service and products on offer at the Asian Cookshop. They take extra care in packing that I have not seen before so my order with 90% glass arrived intact. I had some questions before buying regarding the chutneys and they were most helpful. They also answered back in some detail regards preparing one of the items received after delivery. This kind of service is actually quite rare, from experiences elsewhere I am usually left to work it out myself after delivery. This exemplary service and quality of products, along with value for money would possibly explain how they have been serving foodies like me since 2004! First class and highly recommended, now my go to place for any hard to find ingredients and general grocery.

“Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! ”

Written on: 30/08/2015 by Monmonia (1 review written)

I have never received my parcel! I was ignored! Have never received any money back! Don't trust this seller!

“Avoid”

Written on: 03/07/2015 by SteveHomesick (1 review written)

AsianCookShop buy damaged & late date goods cheap, Then sell to the public at full price, Their customer service approach is first to try & fob you off, and then, once you've contacted their suppliers & confirmed the above, they will add insult to injury and ignore you. If you want fresh produce & tins without dents, shop elsewhere.

“not happy at all”

Written on: 05/05/2015 by billyboo1981 (1 review written)

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE ASIAN COOK SHOP. This company have swore blind that they have posted my parcel, they stated it was posted over a week ago. I have since contacted DPD the courier firm they used, who informed me that whilst there is a consignment number, they have not received a parcel. I have informed their "customer service" department who asked me whom had told me a parcel had not been received, so I told them I had been in touch with DPD's customer services department and they have told me there has been NO PARCEL! I have heard nothing since, I am beginning to doubt my parcel even exists !! I also made the mistake of making a second order, they took my payment but then told me I couldn't have my order because even though I had qualified for free delivery(which is over £29.00) my order of over £38.00 was not allowed a free delivery so they cancelled my order, no mention of a refund. I have had to contact my bank regarding this issue!!! Don't use these rogues please!!!

“Bad Customer services”

Written on: 09/04/2015 by WizB (1 review written)

Cancelled my order due to their stringent delivery rules, refund was promised withing a couple of days... weeks later, no one replies to email, phone calls and the refund never issued. avoid where possible.

“DAMAGED POT”

Written on: 16/02/2015 by Alejandroz196 (1 review written)

I ordered a karai that was damaged and they replaced it without fuss all the produce I ordered from them was fresh. I am very pleased with their service.

“Good service, great selection”

Written on: 10/12/2014 by Lucashj383 (1 review written)

I live in an area that isn't very ethnically diverse, so this is pretty helpful. I was a bit nervous about buying from here given that there are a few poor reviews, but I didn't actually have any issue. I ordered, and they delivered the stuff I ordered when they said they would. I've just ordered a second batch of stuff.

“Ex-Pat Heaven”

Written on: 14/10/2014 by LukeBowen (1 review written)

Excellent site offering a wide range of Asian ingredients and snacks at reasonable cost. A must for ex-pats like me. Delivery for about 8 kg of stuff was £7.15 to France. Not amazingly quick (10 days from order to delivery), but got the order right and it was well packed. Got emails to confirm the order and to advise dispatch. Then contacted twice by courier to advise delivery time. I can understand negative reviews from people who wanted very quick delivery but, if you're not in a hurry, this place is great. Will definitely use again.

“Truely Terrible!”

Written on: 15/09/2014 by Jose408 (1 review written)

I advise you not to order food with this company they take your money and then tell you items are not in stock. Even when you click that you want a full refund when this happens, you don't get it! Also if you click any of the different delivery options for two days or next day delivery it wont reach you I am appauled by the customer service for this company. Very poor service don't order here.

“Shipped to France – very happy!”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by curryinfrance (1 review written)

Having found an online shop with a good range of products, who were able to delivery to FRANCE was a relief! Easy site to navigate with additional info, such as recipes that may interest you. My 20kg order qualified for a discount, which basically meant that my delivery cost was £5.99 – pretty good I thought. Overall prices were fair and some special offers, but most importantly was the ability to get everything I needed at once. I was also pleased with the quick communication after the order had been placed and received my delivery in a few days to Central France. A first time order is always a little uneasy especially being sent to France, but I cannot fault the goods, or service. So guess what? Yep, I will be back for more...