Robert Dyas www.robertdyas.co.uk

1.5

Robert Dyas www.robertdyas.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Chiswick Branch”

written by Viv156fromActon on 01/02/2024

Excellent service at this branch. I must mention Keidji by name as he helped me, an aging woman, not at all tech savvy, change my email so I could use My Dyas card. Sometimes the own brands can be of a lower quality but their on line range is quite extensive. Any way I'm one satisfied customer. Viv.

“Fail to understand UK law”

written by markeaustin48 on 11/01/2024

What a dreadful organisation to deal with. We ordered a pillow, when it arrived we opened it, noted it was unsuitable and asked for a return. They have decided to ignore UK consumer law by refusing it - because the item had been worn? It's a pillow - virtually untouched and certainly not worn (or slept on for that matter). Seems they are quick to take money, loath to refund and certainly loath to understand and obey their obligations under law. Support unhelpful bordering on rude and emails boiler plate and obviously failing to understand. Next step trading standards

“Dreadful customer service”

written by Grantham236 on 10/12/2023

Absolutely awful online company - delivered incorrect bbq, completely different top to the base, I would have been happy for a replacement top but they said it was unavailable but still advertising the same item to sell. Took me several months to get my money back and I did not get the £19.99 delivery charge refunded. One customer service man said they had no recollection of me returning the item thank goodness I had taken photos to prove this which I then had to send in an email …. Several friends had seen this online and were going to purchase they have taken my advice and gone elsewhere!! Advice would be to NEVER touch this company with a barge pole or a BBQ prong!

“Disgusting Service ”

written by Kelly6667776 on 08/12/2023

Ordered a cooking set (costs £145) and it didn't arrive on the day stated. Like many I had to chase them and get an update. It arrived over a week late as they had to put in another order. When I got it, it was damaged. Clearly used. They would only replace the item after collecting it. Seeing as they are incapable of sending items in time I wanted it replaced on the same day. However, they don't do that! The first company I've had say this! Been shopping online for years and a replacement is always sent before removal! This company is a sham. Customer service is not local. They are hard to communicate with. They get cheap labour from South Africa and we get the cheap service here in the UK! Wish I read reviews before ordering from this rubbish company!

“Dreadful customer service ”

written by ChrisBruce2023 on 21/09/2023

I wished I’d checked this site prior to making my purchase from Rbert Dyas. It’s one of those classic adage that if it’s too good to be true - it probably is just that. I’d avoid them like the plague. Whilst some of their stuff is very reasonably priced the costs are most likely saved by scrimping on their customer service. So if you are lucky enough to get something in good order you might be fine however if you need to deal with customer service you’re screwed.

“Terrible customer experience ”

written by 30Gardner on 07/09/2023

Lots of problems with delivery but they repeatedly refuse to own the problem and pass the buck to the supplier. Do not recommend

“Upsetting experience ”

written by Christopherq413 on 04/08/2023

Sent wrong order, especially upsetting as it was bought as a memorial gift. It took such an effort to get get through to the customer services, emails and calls, passed from pillar to post, even told off for contacting them, eventually they agreed to a refund but they messed this up too, so had more phonecalls,. The only recommendation I can make is to avoid any dealings with this firm

“Take them to court”

written by Rahela12 on 02/08/2023

Bought fridge freezer middle of June by end of July it starts build ice inside fridge. They want me to fix the fridge not to take it back this faulty goods what they sale. I am on FB we can to take them to court collectively!

“No one in the call centre knows what they are doing....”

written by Bryce130 on 29/07/2023

No one in the call centre knows what they are doing. They refuse to collect and refund their faulty goods. She fallows the manger is a big fat lier

“Being helpful helps”

written by Bobbyloulou on 07/05/2023

We had gone into the Finchley Road Dyas. We find the staff rude, couldn’t care less and unwilling to help. The product we wanted had just been sold. They couldn’t be bothered to check their stick and we weren’t asked of we would like to order on line. I asked wjhen their next delivery was and whether they would have any on stock. I was told Tuesday and we din’t know if we will have it. What a difference in the High Holborn store. Again they didn’t have our product. I had rung and was told they had it in stock but the person I spoke to obviously didn’t realise what the product was. They offered to look on lime a d we ordered it and it will be delivered to our home. The staff in High Holborn are friendly and helpful. You seriously need a secret shopper to go into the Finchley Road store and see for yourselves.

“No customer service”

written by MattieGomez on 29/03/2023

BBQ shelter broken on arrival still waiting for new replacement parts. No contact.

“Shoddy customer care”

written by Jerry298 on 16/03/2023

Order was placed and we were told delivery by 13th, still no order received. Emailed customer care on the 13th to be told someone will call or email, guess what, no one has. It wasn’t a small order and now we have no idea what is happening as you can’t get to speak to a person. Awful firm.

“Poor quality, struggling to get refund ”

written by MikeF8 on 14/03/2023

I ordered a garden shed from R dyas via a 3rd party, the shed came in pieces, literally had to build the whole thing your self. I had been quoted for timer to build a shed and it was half the price, they charge double and only difference was they provided a tiny roll of felt. Quality was so poor, thin and flimsy wouldn’t have lasted a year. Refused the item and sent it back as it didn’t mention anything on the listing about being delivered in about 50 separate pieces or such poor quality. This shouldn’t be on R dyas website should be on a Poundland website terrible quality. Since then I have had no correspondence from R dyas in regards to my refund despite me calling them and emailing them. I don’t recommend people buying from them, go into a store and pay cash and get your item there and then. Terrible product quality fro 3rd party, but also no thought or consideration for the customer for R dyas, no mention of any form of compensation and struggling to get my refund still.

“What a farce”

written by KarsynSims38 on 26/02/2023

Attempting to return a faulty product, six weeks later no progress and only robotic responses received from customer service that make no reference to the complaint (I am staring to suspect that customer service are bots not actual people). Appalling service, avoid this company at all costs.

“Item faulty - still waiting for a replacement 1 month on”

written by Amanda1249123 on 30/01/2023

Ordered 4 heaters. 3 worked fine 1 did not. Was told a courier would collect the faulty one and a new one would be sent out - wouldn't send replacement until it had been collected, not ideal but okay. Courier never turned up. I complained, as hadnt head anything i also mentioned a light on another which was flashing (heater working just wondered what the light ment) now because another one has a flashing light they won't collect the one they had agreed to collect two weeks ago for the reason of "if they had to return two, they don't want to do 2 collections" even though the second one works absolutely fine. A month on still waiting for someone to take some responsibility and resolve the initial faulty heater issue. Customer service throughout has been absolutely shocking, just constant barriers being put in place and zero customer care. I was so upset with how the whole things been handled I asked to just return my whole order and was told no. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere!

“NO RETURNS AFTER 48 HOURS”

written by Julie121... on 30/12/2022

Bought a coffee machine as a Christmas present. When opened on Christmas day, the carafe was cracked. I rang this company and was told they only accept damaged goods requests within 48 hours, no extension for the Christmas period. I then asked if they sold the carafe and was told no they don't but look on Amazon they may have one. I'm absolutely disgusted with this experience and will never buy from here again. PLEASE PEOPLE CHECK YOUR PURCHASES AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE, EVEN IF ITS A PRESENT.

“Terrible service”

written by ZoeHunter on 27/12/2022

Bought two sets of six crystal glasses. I paid £8 for next day delivery but waited three days before I received them. When I did half of them were broken which wasn't that surprising considering the thin, flimsy box they were delivered in. I tried to contact them through their chat but couldn't get to speak to anyone (I finally gave up) and then I filled in their online form (unfortunately I couldn't email them so that I could have a copy of what I had written) I sent them photos of the broken glasses still in the boxes but the only reply I got was an automatic one saying they'd received my information. I was able to reply to it by email so told them that since showing them the photos another two glasses had broken when I went to take them out the box so they must already have been cracked. Unfortunately a few days later and I've still heard nothing from them. Really awful packaging and even worse customer service. It's the first and last time I will buy from this company. I only hope others don't waste their money on them.

“Love the store”

written by LadyFabwalker on 05/11/2022

Always buy vegetable seeds for my allotment & fat balls to feed birds in winter as RD is the most reasonably priced for these items. I recently took a chance you would sell Barkeeper's friend; which I cannot find elsewhere loaclly & not only did RD sell the powder, but also a new cream; which I've decided to try. As I detest housework, finding mini saucer crackers in store (they leapt out @ me) made purchasing cleaning products less painful. I always find the local store staff both super friendly & very helpful; while the addition of a disabled person's life makes visiting a pleasure.

“I do not know what kind of outfit this is but they are...”

written by Coleman228 on 27/08/2022

I do not know what kind of outfit this is but they are not reputable traders and I feel I may have been tricked. I purchased 256 coffee pods for £69.99 which is roughly the market price. I think it highly unlikely I will ever see my £69.99 again. They were on the website as one single item; they did not sell them in other quantities. Six days later I received 16 pods worth about £4.40 in damaged packaging. Trying to get this resolved with customer services is hopeless. First online chat person never got back to me. Second attempt no one even responded. Emailed describing issue and got reply asking me to describe issue!!! No point in phoning as service deliberately avoids providing service as you cannot speak to a human. To date, they have had £69.99 for 10 days and all I have to show for it is £4.40 worth of pods which look like they have been trodden on. Excuse is "supplier" does not sell 256 pods. "Supplier" will collect and refund will be issued 3-5 days later. Now told "supplier" wants me to return it to click and collect store. It's only 400 miles away! I did not purchase anything from a "supplier". I purchased it from www.robertdyas.co.uk. I did not pay a "supplier". I paid www.robertdyas.co.uk. I have been told the "supplier" does not sell this item; it would appear I have bought an item which does not exist from someone with whom I was not trading! Is that a sham or not? It's worth less than £4.40 and it is their fault; why bother asking for it to be returned? After all, they have had my payment for 10 days already and I have nothing but a great deal of grief and worry. If you trade with www.robertdyas.co.uk just wave goodbye to your hard-earned cash. They have no concept of customer service; www.robertdyas.co.uk has regarded me like something contemptable in which it has trodden. I have no recourse other than to pass this to Trading Standards.

“Delivery failed to arrive on time! ”

written by Brylee473 on 20/08/2022

placed an order before 10.15am, paid for 'Next Day Delivery' and waited in anticipation for my items to arrive ...... they did not! I contacted Customer Services who couldn't examine why my order had not been delivered and was unable to tell me when it was likely to arrive either! I was refunded my delivery charge, which was a kind gesture, but I felt frustrated, as I had cancelled an order from another supplier, as RobertDyas offered such quick delivery. I have learned my lesson: never again!