Barratt Homes Reviews - www.barratthomes.co.uk

Barratt Homes www.barratthomes.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Barratt Homes www.barratthomes.co.uk

Barratt Homes www.barratthomes.co.uk

“Avoid at all costs ”

Written on: 18/02/2020 by nxLockhart1946 (1 review written)

When you first move before you have given them HBF review barratt will do anything for you. But the reality is their houses are poor quality homes built by sub contractors who don't care. In the 3 years in have had my house excluding many small snagging issues we have dealt with the following.... new tiles on roof, lots of repointing, new one suite door frame, new main bathroom floor 3 times, massive leak through kitchen ceiling, garden relayed, new drainage in garden, entire kitchen floor… Read Full Review

“AVOID! Barratts do NOT care about their customers!”

Written on: 07/06/2018 by Piperuy17 (1 review written)

If I could give 0 stars I would! Customer advisors don't tell you accurately what’s included and when you complain they all cover for each other! The director of our local branches words were how could their sales advisors possibly know what the customer thought was included ....... this is their job? What they get paid to do? This is just one of the poor excuses you’ll hear from barratts. When we first complained they tried to force us out of our contract but wouldn’t refund any of… Read Full Review

Ottoshanks's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2019

Echo our thoughts entirely. Once they have clinched the sale they lose interest in you like certain car sales people. It is also a bit like buying certain brands of car. You get 4 wheels an engine and a body everything else is optional. Barretts houses are the same, a shell, a roof and X number of rooms etc. the rest being optional adding up several thousands of pounds in extras to get something reasonable. Beware of their recommended 'other' agencies. The recommended solicitors are very expensive and mirror Barrett customer care. The annual site maintenance is suspicious. Leasehold has been replaced by annual site fees managed by, so we are told ex Barrett employees. No doubt once the site is finished it will be hived off to another management company who will go whoopee and hike the annual!

“Chapel Gate Basingstoke”

Written on: 25/04/2018 by MarthaMcQueen322 (1 review written)

Sales staff were helpful, there is a stupid 10 day completion rule which in my mind is madness. I was moving from rented accommodation only to be told my House wouldn't be ready on the estimated date which would have left me homeless. Thankfully Barratts pulled a rabbit from the hat and we moved in with two days to spare very stressful. Once in very few snags customer support manager has been very helpful, even put a skip outside for us to dump all our packing Barratts get a slating on most… Read Full Review

Geosort's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2018

This is a very positive discourse with emotive language 'homeless', 'stressful', 'helpful', 'rabbit out the hat', 'thumbs up so far'. This is more like a sales commentary rather than a review. It would be helpful with a 4* review to have more supporting evidence. As this goes against the 'slating' 1* reviews particularly regarding customer service.

Newhomebasingstoke's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2018

Hi

Main reason I made the time to write this review was because of the negative press. Moving is stressful things do go wrong. However after reading disaster stories I was pleasantly surprised

I am now on week 4 defects have been logged and reported, I received a phone call from Barratts yesterday they have dispatched a plumber and a Glaser today to asses and address the reported issues.

Again cant fault them they have been so far very helpful before completion and the aftercare so far has also been good

Geosort's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2018

Thanks for the comprehensive reply to my comment. While short on detail I am sure you are 'over the moon' with the service you have received particularly how they access the issues. I presume there is a problem with the window seals?

Newhomebasingstoke's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2018

No the window seals are fine, there are some scratches on the skylight window

There was a blockage on the shower drainage which was backing up to the downstairs sink, blockage was removed yesterday appears to be fine today
The skylight they are coming back to resolve

all good so far

Read 4 Comments

“dont buy at wallace fields glasgow”

Written on: 13/03/2018 by Elle424 (1 review written)

shocking company dont buy after they have your money they dont care… Read Full Review

“Cardboard box”

Written on: 15/12/2017 by 158Gordon (1 review written)

Recently moved into a rented new build Barratt, I thought it would be quieter than my last property as it had concrete floors, and not just floorboards, huge mistake. I hear every pounding footstep, every conversation, light switch, cupboards and drawers banging, and every door being slammed makes the whole flat shake (I’m not exaggerating). I hear every word of conversations, every cough, sniff and sneeze, every burp and every fart. How this build has met sound insulation regulations is… Read Full Review

“I only rent a barrat home through an association...”

Written on: 13/12/2017 by 398Sharpe (1 review written)

I only rent a barrat home through an association however I wouldn't but a shed of these imcompitant fools don't think between them a spirit level has a bubble that works or a paint brush with bristles complete tways and won't fix anything my trickle vents don't close properly never have this is the second winter now that I can't heat flat stat on 23 constantly else we get a head chill in night Rant over… Read Full Review

“Why can't we have zero stars? ”

Written on: 15/11/2017 by kfHardy37 (1 review written)

Want poor quality housing? Buy a Barratt home. Or, want to make loads of money? Pretend to be a property management company - as long as you agree to give Barratt their percentage of the profit from (preferably hugely inflated) management fees, they will love you forever. Barratt Homes? A Thatcherite dream come true… Read Full Review

Billygoat1's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2017

this is spot on, a great assessment of a dinosaur property developer. and their property management partner are out right theives

Read 1 Comment

“Low quality homes with leaks and mold infestation ”

Written on: 09/11/2017 by binderstefan (1 review written)

Avoid Barratt and this property at all cost. Building work is not done properly. In my case I had 3 water leaks in my brand new apartment. This cause a massive mold infestation. Barrat, especially the person I dealt with don't even wanna deal with the mess and work on rectifying it. Shame! Avoid! It's been 4 weeks and the leak is still ongoing!… Read Full Review

“Five star joke”

Written on: 07/11/2017 by Pries (1 review written)

It is beyond me how Barrat homes can claim to be five star based on our experience. When we moved in the house not been cleaned, glue all over the the Amtico flooring, two of the sink pedestals had fist sized chunks missing, large dent in garage door which did not even touch the floor. Poor quality sink and has hob. Paint finish that looked it had been done by a child flicking paint at the walls, silicone on the exterior of the Windows that didn't touch the wall. Down pipe from the gutters that… Read Full Review

“Appalling customer service after purchase.”

Written on: 11/09/2017 by akinolafalola (1 review written)

Up to completion, customer service was stellar, after that, it is downward all the way. They push you to complete the NBHC survey quickly after purchase, this is the reason they have 5* rating. Their real performance is what you see here. House is already leaking after 3 months (minimal water on floor for less than 5 minutes) but this is normal according to Barratt. They basically just said if you get water on the floor, the bathroom will leak. So we have a bathroom that we can't mop for fear… Read Full Review

“Banging noise heard everyday since moving in 2yrs ago”

Written on: 01/09/2017 by 332Carpenter (1 review written)

At first we thought it was just the new house settling but then the bang just kept being heard day in day out about 6 - 12 times and it is loud! We hear it in the living room ceiling above the French doors. Barratt visited the property after I reported it to them but unfortunately they never heard the noise. I had to keep pushing to get them to come back and they started cutting holes in the upstairs floorboards to check for anything loose but couldn't find anything. Friends and family who… Read Full Review

Billygoat1's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2017

This most likely is the high water pressure (water hammer) flanking sounds running along your ceiling. If you are not aware this is caused by anything you and your family are doing within your property, then this is caused by your nearest neighbour, providing you share party walls with them. If you have a detached property then it's your water system, if you are in semi detached or terraced property then it's your neighbour(s) system affecting your property.
Barratt homes know this already because it is a common issue with their terrible new builds, but if you have complaint issues with them too, be prepared for them to dig in and run rings around you, as well as the NHBC who they have in their pocket, they work together to do this to customers who try and overturn bad workmanship. My advice to you is go to the property ombudsman right away before you run out of time.

Read 1 Comment

“It took ages to sort out problems, we found more a lot...”

Written on: 06/08/2017 by 401Anderson (1 review written)

We bought off plan and the design looked lovely. But the standard of workmanship let's it down badly. We have had many faults the worst on we found when we had double glazing fitted, when the back window of the dining room was due to be fitted we noticed several bricks were missing. We had to fit extra insulation to complete… Read Full Review

Patrickjnorwood's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2018

My wife and have had exactly the same experience, after finding many other faults which took ages to put right we had double glazing fitted and found a lot of inner bricks missing. We have always found that area was very hard to hold the heat. We could not get it bricked up because of delaying the job. We are thinking getting the house double glazed again, next time we will be taking pictures.

Read 1 Comment

“poor quality and terrible customer service”

Written on: 06/08/2017 by Nathen1954 (1 review written)

Very bad customer service . They don't care atall. Lot of issue in house never sorted completely. Not satisfied . I wouldn't recommend… Read Full Review

“New buyer's treated unfairly!”

Written on: 06/08/2017 by Melodys107 (1 review written)

We purcahsed a new build in Morpeth (south fields). The over finish of the house was disgraceful. After loving here for 3 months we are still waiting for a issues to be fixed. 6 weeks after we moved in we smelled gas in the kitched. After having it checked it turns out someone pior to is moving in didnt fix the cooker gas pipe on correcly causing the kitchen to become 5% gas. The issues go on and on 1/10… Read Full Review

“Huge mistake”

Written on: 04/07/2017 by Smithfb313 (1 review written)

We have been in our house for 16 months and we still have ongoing issues not addressed. They'll do one thing every 6 months and that seems to be great performance for them. I can't believe we are still waiting for floors and walls to be fixed after 16 months. We still have not been able to decorate and put blinds up as I can't paint with loose walls. I have been complaining about lack of service since October last year and no difference. I have now had to contact a solicitor for advice and on… Read Full Review

“My experience”

Written on: 24/06/2017 by MrsHewittreviewer (1 review written)

I hope everything is ok with the top guys in BH, the guys at BH and the guys on FF? It is unacceptable for the guys at BH and FF to misuse their power so that they cause me, PH, RH, our family harm. It is unacceptable to mistreat or scapegoat me, our family so that you are united with other guys in BH and FF. I, our family are not responsible for the emotions, actions or behaviour of any guys in BH or FF. it is unacceptable for any guys to lie or say something untrue about me, our family… Read Full Review

“Persimmon Communal Area Maintenance”

Written on: 31/05/2017 by blMcClanahan206 (1 review written)

We purchased our Persimmon home in June 2015 and were advised the development would have a shared communal grass / shrubs / tree area in the centre which all residents would need to may annual maintenance for once the development and communal area was finished. It is now 2017 and the communal area has just been finished, which was slightly frustrating as it was an unsightly barren wasteland with weeds and rubble for the last 2 years. Every resident paid approx. £130 upfront, as part of the… Read Full Review

“Nightmares come true in Looe Cornwall”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by txMartin255 (1 review written)

The area is lovely, However after four years of what should have been" living my dream" It has become living the nightmare. The developer is even going to be changing the name of phase 2. To try to brush away the bad press. In the first year lots of snags but I expected this but I never thought the DPC would be missing ! But somehow 3 managers inspected it and found it !!! Months down the line after I had made myself ill chipping away looking for it, IT WAS NOT THERE. They had to place it in… Read Full Review

Abbeylands's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2018

ask Barratts for a Subject Access Request - General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) There is a standard letter you can write and they have to give you all the information (internal and external) they hold on file regarding your property. This will include emails written within the organisation as well as those outside - surveyors etc. The gist of the letter is below:
Re: Subject Access Request - General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

I am writing to formally make a Subject Access Request for a copy of all information about me to which I am entitled under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018). Where applicable, this should also include all information and correspondence relating to my property: .................................. from my plot or home file(s).

Please supply all the information about me that I am entitled to under Article 15 of the GDPR.

Please note, you must comply with my Subject Access Request without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receipt. The time limit starts from the day after you received this request (whether the day after is a working day or not) until the corresponding calendar date in the next month.

If you require any further information from me, to comply with my request, then you may contact me at the above address, by email at ..................... or by telephone on ..................

If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your company’s Data Protection Officer or other appropriate official. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you.

Yours faithfully,

Read 1 Comment

“I was happy with my Barratt house till now”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by Tomcat42 (1 review written)

I am writing this as I can not sleep with worry , we have had our Barrat home for 13 years now and I must say we have been happy with it overall there's been a few problems over the years but nothing major , until now , it all started 3 days ago we rented the house as a one off to the BBC for the cast of a show which was been filmed locally 5 people in total the house has never been used fully as there has only ever been no more than3 living in the house ,it's a 5 bed . We got a call after… Read Full Review

“0 value ”

Written on: 13/05/2017 by bmMerritt41 (1 review written)