Gelert Cadiz 5 Reviews

• Durability

• Comfort

Gelert Cadiz 5 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gelert Cadiz 5

“This tent has a very spacious bedroom which easily...”

written by on 24/03/2010

This tent has a very spacious bedroom which easily takes two campbeds. The height of the bedroom is good - one can stand fully upright in it. However, we have had problems with the living area. Although quite spacious the height is not enough to stand fully upright, which does cause some aching shoulders. As well as this, the tensioners on the bedroom do not reach the peg holes on the inside which leads me to believe that we have pitched too wide.
On a picture I saw I am sure that there were buckles attached to the webbing straps across the base which would mean that you could tighten the girth and thus raise the tent higher in the middle, then bringing the inner tent nearer to the sides, but there was no such facility on our tent.
Hard to explain but I hope this is clear!

“I have used my Gelert Cadiz 5 tent for family camping...”

written by on 10/03/2009

I have used my Gelert Cadiz 5 tent for family camping home and abroad. Though we have seen some rough weather (near gale force winds on Anglesey) it has never let us down, Is showing signs of wear now. Don't pay more than 60 or 70 pounds - buy after the Summer. My replacement will be (another Gelert tent) the Ottawa 4 - have decided we can live with one bedroom! Good points are lots of room for your money; can withstand 3 season storms! with regular use might last 5 years - no more. Is tricky to pitch alone unless you are a tent expert!

“The 5 rating would only apply if you were very slim,...”

written by MartinJP on 18/06/2007

The 5 rating would only apply if you were very slim, very friendly and didn't fidget! It was a comfy size for the two of us, plus our usual gear for a weeks camping. The back vent flap had been stitched badly and could not be fully opened, the base straps were so tight that they made getting the pins into the poles a bit of a struggle. A couple of nights it tipped down all night and I can say that it did not leak at all, which can't be bad. We are now looking for one with a bigger, walk-in living area.

Glen0701's Response to MartinJP's Review

Written on: 30/08/2013

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement bedroom?

Asked by nickw1107 on 12th August 2020 Report this content
I have been given one of these tents without any poles or pegs. Can anyone let me know what size poles I need and how much please? Thank you.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site