Sequence Homes (Barnard Marcus) Reviews

Sequence Homes (Barnard Marcus) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sequence Homes (Barnard Marcus)

Sequence Homes (Barnard Marcus)

“Terrible advice. Completely wrong for us. ”

Written on: 08/03/2022 by Hannahwill28 (1 review written)

Very poor advice. We specifically asked for a mortgage we could move and no early repayment fees. Told them we would be moving soon. Not once were we advised about the huge early repayment fees we later discovered. We are now unable to move or make any early repayment. We signed up to sequence for lifetime mortgage advice as we were told this would mean we could change our mortgage as and when needed. A complete lie and has ruined all our plans. DO NOT USE. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. waste of money and will leave you in a financial mess and deny all knowledge.

“AVOID! WRONG ADVICE! CHISWICK BRANCH”

Written on: 12/07/2020 by Solomon169 (1 review written)

AVOID like the plague! I am a first time buyer and was interested in a flat on a Help to Buy scheme. The one they showed me was over 50K of the property I had seen online and was interested in viewing... The agent was extremely rude, she would rush me up cause she had more appointments; I'd ask her few questions and she seemed annoyed like I was wasting her time. Neither her or the broker would tell me what the average of the utilities bills would have been OR the amount to pay on Council taxes etc... She also tod me I had to rush if I wanted to buy on Help to Buy scheme cause in December the scheme wouldn't be available no more. It'll end in 2023! I also asked if I could check the water pressure and she said the water was not running. When she left me in the apartment and I checked it...well the water was running but the hot water was NOT WORKING AT ALL... I have also been advised by their morgae advisor of not paying the Gov equity loan before the 5 years but instead saving to pay more of the morgage...when I pointed out it didn't make sense cause my equity loan would have gone up on interests after 5 years, depending on the market property value, he was speechless and didn't really know what to say...he just changed subject... Overall quite bad experience. From the agent to the broker I felt they had soemthing to hide. UNPROFESSIONALS, RUDE, INCOMPETENT, NOT TRANSPARENT AT ALL! Please, especailly if you are buying your first property, STAY AWAY! Their 'financial' advice could really put you in trouble in the future and they are not clear or transparents on any expenses you might have besides the morgage! AWFUL.

“Awful”

Written on: 07/09/2017 by 127Lyon (1 review written)

Simply just don't use them, Thornton heath branch especially. Mislead you and lie. Made selling property a nightmare. Do not use the in house solicitor, she is rude and aggressive. They all charge a huge fee for doing nothing. Try small independent companies.

“Expensive, dishonest, overall bad advice to a first timer”

Written on: 13/05/2017 by Baker499 (1 review written)

So you want to get ahead of the crowd and gain the advantage? Join our 'head start list' and we can call you when something in your budget and of your criteria comes in. But to do this you will need to see our mortgage advisor. You make an appointment to see a man with lots of certificates, who comes across friendly and harmless but stitches you up on your mortgage deal when you realise you could have had a better deal with the same lender if you had gone directly, plus there was a go direct cashback offer. You enquire back on this and a little bit of blackmail comes out... 'well you could, but now the application is in, there's no guarantee you'd get accepted independently' That's not where it stops. By paying almost £500 and signing up to lifetime membership, for which you never have to pay for their genius advice again you get such gems as 'you shouldn't need a detailed survey' and then end up with a valuation report of 21 lines which you actually paid over £300 for and could have deduced yourself from the street. Ultimately this tells you nothing about the investment you're making. What a crock. Avoid these people like the plague.

“Poor Service, the broker left me with poor credit.”

Written on: 15/03/2017 by Vahideh (1 review written)

Do not trust the mortgage broker at this estate agents! I had a meeting on 4th February 2017, she suggested she does a 'soft' search on me and my partner. I wasn't sure what exactly this meant but I explained to her that I did not want this to affect my credit scoring in any way whatsoever, and I was very pedantic about this. She reassured me numerous times that it will not show AT ALL. I then checked my credit file a week later to find my score had gone done with a comment stating that 'a HARD search has been made...' It turned out that she wrongly instructed Accord Mortgages and it meant that my credit file was affected as some information on there were incorrect. She once again falsely reassured me that if they (she and Accord Mortgages) make the changes within 30 days then it will not show up as another credit check on my file. Since then, I had been chasing her via email and calls, and barely ever getting responses. Each time I had a 2 minute conversation with her on the phone, I had been chasing her for at least over a week beforehand. She has today said to me that there is nothing that can be done. It has now way over a month. Moreover, the other staff at Brown & Merry don't seem to care about the level service she provides either, as they were happy to constantly tell me that she is either away from the office, on another call, or in a meeting. Which would have been fine if she actually ever returned my calls! Very poor service. I will never recommend and will encourage everyone to go to another estate agents and broker if they can.

“Hard to imagine how they could be worse”

Written on: 20/10/2016 by Braedon348 (1 review written)

I would never deal with Barnard Marcus again. They lied to get my tenants in the property, did nothing when they didn't pay the rent, fobbed me off and sent me round different departments every time I needed something, tried to charge me 3 times for the same piece of paper that I didn't need in the first place, lied about how to reclaim my deposit, tried to charge me for giving me back the deposit. Their complaint process is as much of a joke as the rest of the company - just say "not my fault". For the sake of your wallet and your sanity, Please avoid this shambles!

“Nuisence Calls”

Written on: 06/07/2016

I am placing a bad review for Barnard Marcus even though I have never used this Estate Agent. They seem to be using a marketing company to make repeated calls to my mobile phone concerning a property which I have just sold through another agent. I do not know how they got my number. They have called maybe 5 or 6 times in past two months even though the property has been marked as STC. I keep telling the caller to remove my details. They say they will but they do not. Should I need an Estate Agent I would not use them.

“NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THESE LIARS”

Written on: 16/06/2016 by 247Whitehead (1 review written)

We have had never ending problems with them since we rented a house through them (allen and harris) but sequence are the people supposedly "sorting out our problem" which is a huge problem and they are taking it as a joke and sending never ending lists of people round to quote and then just not doing anything. I have complained and im going to take them to court NEVER RENT OR BUY A HOUSE THROUGH THESE LYING PEOPLE! NEITHER ALLEN AND HARRIS OR SEQUENCE (I know theyre same company)

“Inflated fees and they force you to accept advertisments”

Written on: 09/06/2016

The fees are among the highest I've come across however the service they provided was poor, lots of errors and misinformation, mistakes are ok, we all make them but the attitude felt lazy and exploitative. To make things worse, as part of the referencing process for letting you're _forced_ to accept advertisements from home telecom (well known to be an awful provider). As in, they do not let you submit your referencing details without agreeing to be advertised to. Despite contacting them separately to refuse advertising they've texted, rang and emailed (a few times) trying to get me to sign up. On the upside staff were often friendly and approachable which was a welcome contrast to the pushy aggressive sales tactics of the other agencies we tried, however as things have progress I feel this was more of a facade than genuine. Avoid if you can - properties are often up with a few agents so have a search around to see if you can use someone else.

“Possibly the worst property managers”

Written on: 12/05/2016 by HayleyBolton (1 review written)

I say possibly worste as I never lived in Sierra lione. Obviously the back up employment for people who couldn't make it past pre school and who aren't in jail. Not sure what they do all day between calls but procrastinate is an overststement. Landlords would do well to stay away from this company as I am sure they not to keen to pay people do to do something that they just end up doing themselves. Poi callers take a bow there is a profession more draining and non client focused than yourselves

“Not polite and professional at all”

Written on: 06/05/2016 by Chance336 (1 review written)

I've signed the contract with them just because i urgently needed a flat. The person I talked made me feel unconfortable and made lot of mistakes that cost me money and time. Staff you should smile! It's free of charge!

“Exceptionally Rude Broker”

Written on: 22/03/2016 by Zariahr345 (1 review written)

He was exceptionally rude. An unpleasant person to deal with.

“Complete Shambles”

Written on: 06/03/2016 by Arthur456 (1 review written)

Delays and avoidance from the start to the finish, constantly lied too, did not return phone calls, There solicitors are a complete waste of time, avoid at all costs, really had a could not care less attitude

“Outstanding service”

Written on: 23/02/2016 by markmahendran (1 review written)

I went to the Mitcham branch to apply for my mortgage , the broker has done an outstanding job for me. He always communicates to us and often takes that extra step to help resolve any issues. He has resolved many challenging issues for us. I will strongly recommend the service to my family and friends.

“Awful”

Written on: 09/02/2016 by Joes426 (1 review written)

I've dealt with the Thornton Heath branch and asked their assistance in purchasing a property. When I called up with my criteria, all they were interested in was when I was available to see their broker. Despite me saying I was happy with my broker, I was told theirs is better and it would help secure me first dibs on a property. I proceeded to ask what properties are currently available and I was rudely told 'I am a salesman, my job is to sell property and I've sold everything so I have nothing to show you.'Charming. I couldn't get off the phone without agreeing to a date to see their broker, so I arranged one and cancelled after. I have yet to hear of any available properties and have continued my house hunt with other agencies.

“Brilliant Customer Service”

Written on: 21/01/2016 by MarilynFlood147 (1 review written)

I sold my property through Croydon Barnard Marcus in October last year and I have to say it is the best experience I have had with an estate agents in a long while. The staff there were always at the end of the phone when I needed them and kept me updated throughout. When I move again I will definitely use Barnard Marcus!

“AWFUL”

Written on: 20/01/2016 by 1978Thurston (1 review written)

Awful service! They are quick to take my money, however they offer nothing in return. I was with them for 1 year and would never rent or buy a property from them again. I rented out my flat in Epsom. When the oven and boiler broke it took them 3 months to get themselves sorted. I had to contact my tenants to gain access to the property as the agency could not get hold of them, when in fact my tenants could not get hold of anyone at the agency to arrange someone to fix the boiler and oven.They showed me emails they had sent and phone calls they had made. The agency were quick to lie and point the finger, when I showed them evidence that the tenants had tried to contact them they ignored me. Every time I tried to contact Barnard Marcus they would not get back to me. I am still having this problem... I made 2 formal complaints and I am still waiting for a response from them, it has been 2 months since I made the complaint. I am currently being passed from person to person as no one wants to deal with it. I spent almost £1000 for them to manage my property, when in fact I did this myself for at least 6 months. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

“What a frustrating experience with lettings team”

Written on: 16/12/2015 by Tenant345 (1 review written)

Takes over weeks to get a reply on emergency repairs...will never live up to their own commitments. Difficult to reach once the contract is signed.

“Disappearing broker”

Written on: 13/08/2015 by grumpy_customer (1 review written)

I went to the Mitcham branch having read some good reviews on here about their broker; He is a very friendly guy who knows his stuff but throughout the application he disappeared numerous times (once for over 3 weeks!) which is not ideal in the middle of a mortgage application when you have the estate agent chasing you as they need an update. Overall it was not a good experience.

“Frustrating experience with Barnard Marcus”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by Freddyh171 (1 review written)

We've had a terrible experience with Barnard Marcus as tenants. First of all, they are very slow in responding to emails, and their staff are almost impossible to get hold of. The first time we've experienced that was when we were waiting for them to initiate our tenancy agreement. Wherever I called the agency to speak to our tenancy co-ordinator, I was told she was busy and would call me back - which she never did. Sometimes when I called them, someone else picked up and when I said I'd like to speak to our tenancy co-ordinator, the person on the phone said 'Sure, hold on a second', then I heard some quiet conversation going on in the room while I was waiting on the phone, and the same person picked up again and said 'Unfortunately, she is busy and she will call you back' - which she never did. It seemed like she was not busy and was present in the room when I called, but just told the person on the phone to tell she's busy for us to leave them alone. She was (and still is) almost IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of. After numerous calls and attempts to get hold of our tenancy co-ordinator, she only called back once and it took a week (or even more?) to get hold of her. The other problem we have with them is even worse, it is absolutely frustrating. Our rent for the month is due on the 28th of every month. Last month we paid our rent for the month 12 days earlier because we were leaving the country for a holiday and wanted to pay in advance. After 28th we have received a letter from Barnard Marcus telling us we haven't paid our rent and threatening us to be legally responsible for that. We called them the next day and told we've paid already, and were ready to provide them with a statement from the bank that has this transaction. The person on the phone told us to write them an email about it, which we did, and the reply was - okay, your tenancy co-ordinator will look into it and will get back to you on this. The tenancy co-ordinator never called or replied to our email (I was not surprised - very typical for Barnard Marcus), and a few days later we've received another letter from Barnard Marcus that said: 'We regret that you haven't replied to our previous message about your rent being overdue. We have recommended to your Landlord to seek legal advise and recommend you to do so as well'. The truth is that THEY did not reply to us, but not WE did not reply to them. They didn't even check thoroughly if our payment was made before sending us letters with threats. And they didn't check it even when they were explicitly asked for it in written form. This is especially frustrating because not only we've paid for the rent of course, but we've paid IN ADVANCE. We are still dealing with the situation. To summarise, I would not recommend anyone to deal with Barnard Marcus: it will spoil your mood, spoil your relationship with the landlord, and you will spend quite a few hours on the phone trying to reach them (with no positive outcome, as a rule). This agency is very disorganized and unpleasant to deal with.

Aggiem77's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2015

I am in the very similar situation at the moment. They are bunch of lazy, uneducated creatures. Have you complained somewhere higher as I am looking in to this. There is procedure you have to go through. I am not going to give up until the person responsible for my 3 month stress is fired!

Read 1 Comment