Alibris Reviews - www.alibris.com

Alibris - www.alibris.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alibris - www.alibris.com

Alibris - www.alibris.com

“DO NOT RISK YOUR MONEY..”

Written on: 14/09/2021 by PhilipEd (1 review written)

Please know that the people operating this business and website: #1) continue to use underhanded and false communication tactics to make themselves appear legitimate, #2) manipulate every communication to appear good for their image. #3) will continue to manipulate the truths - my personal experience and so many people you see on here - except the naive and false people. conclusion: do not risk your money buying anything with this website or business. They have no responsibility and willing to… Read Full Review

“This company stinks”

Written on: 25/01/2016

I order a book from this company to use for my daughter's book report back on Jan 6 2016 after not receiving by Jan 15 I email the company and was told that another seller was handling the order and I need to contact them which I did twice and never heard anything back from the seller. Alibiris refund the 3.99 shipping that I was charged for the book today Jan 25 received an email from Alibiris to say they were sorry I haven't heard from the seller yet they would contact them. Wow how nice the… Read Full Review

“cancelled account”

Written on: 12/06/2015 by KeatonDrake (1 review written)

with no prior warning, Alibris cancels sellers accounts for sellers who have sold on Alibris for over 15 years. They destroy your inventory records immediately and are ruled by so-called customer service reps and their respective egos… Read Full Review

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Kaitlynj218 (1 review written)

Very efficient at taking my money and spamming me. My goods never arrived and Alibris are ignoring my complaints. I'm going to give up chasing now and write it off as a learning curve. I wished that I had stuck with the very well known online bookseller that I usually use and not tried Alibris UK… Read Full Review

“Incompetent at best”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by KamariBlair (1 review written)

"I've just had a negative experience with this book seller. They advertise books that they don't even have in stock. I placed an order for a book which failed to arrive after a fortnight, I went on holiday for a further two weeks and it still hadn't arrived. I contacted the company who offered a refund with no explanation of the problem. The refund never reached my account, I chased them up and they issued me with an email that a refund would be issued but could take up to two weeks processing… Read Full Review

“Very poor treatment by seller”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by WillHackett1975 (1 review written)

Book ordered from World of Books through Alibris. Order accepted, money taken. Told a few days later that book had been returned to seller by Royal Mail having been damaged in transit. Refund offered and accepted. Next day offered a second copy and accepted within 60 minutes only to receive message that book was no longer available and that a refund would be made. Next day I saw the same seller (World of Books) offering the same title in same condition on Abe Books for double the money. The… Read Full Review

“Accurate and Fast”

Written on: 04/03/2014

The book I ordered was in exactly the excellent condition described, it was carefully packaged and arrived within two working days of ordering. I can't imagine the service could be bettered. Thanks and best wishes - would certainly order from you again… Read Full Review

“Do not buy from Alibris. Independent sellers send you...”

Written on: 07/02/2014

Do not buy from Alibris. Independent sellers send you wrong books/incomplete fake copies of books. buyer have to pay for return shipping. And if buyer do not have tracking on the package, you are screwed. They will not refund you a penny. Alibris ignores emails. Seller status on the website is "this seller is unavailable" a week after I made my purchase. IT IS A MESS. Goto Amazon, they are the best. … Read Full Review

Written on: 01/07/2014

I'm sorry to hear that our seller sent the wrong book! I'd like to investigate the seller and make sure you receive the full refund that is due to you.

Please email me. Please put "Attn: Amy" in the subject of your message so it will be routed to me.

“No stock information”

Written on: 30/01/2014

I would never use Alibris again. Their website is really user-unfriendly. After several attempts and a lot of wasted time I finally succeeded in placing an order and received an order confirmation. A few hours later my order was cancelled because they didn't have the item in stock. I would have thought that in this day and age their system should be able to provide stock information before placing an order. Really disappointed!… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/07/2014

I'm sorry to hear your order was canceled! I can understand your frustration and disappointment with our service. It does seem like computers should be able to make stock management flawless. We're constantly working with both our sellers and our technical systems to keep cancellations to a minimum but I realize that that's not much consolation when you're receiving a refund instead of the item you ordered.

We appreciate your understanding of the error. We do hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're looking for a great book at a great price.

“NEVER PAYS OUT”

Written on: 08/10/2013

I had hundreds of books up for sale with Alibris for two years. Finally I sold a rare professional manual - and got a good price, despite overseas shipping costing me a small fortune. Eager to please and glad that I had finally got off the ground with Alibris sales I shipped to book off immediately. Then came the problem of getting my money off Alibris!!! I am now three months on and over 20 emails exchanged and I cannot get a single penny out of Alibris. They have thrown every excuse in the… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/07/2014

I'm very sorry for the frustration here. I'm not able to research the issue without your account number, but I can assure you that Alibris does pay our UK sellers via direct deposit to their UK bank accounts. If bank information is not on file with us, payment is sent by check.

If you need further assistance receiving your payment, I'm happy to help. Please email us with Attn: Amy in the subject line of your message.

Read 1 Comment

“Terrible and useless Company to deal with!”

Written on: 07/07/2013 by akubinyi (1 review written)

I ordered a rare book from a reputable antiquarian bookseller in the US via the Alibris website. The book never arrived. After investigating, I found out that the antiquarian book seller shipped the book as soon as receiving the order, but Alibris then lost it. When I asked Alibris how they can loose a correctly labelled envelope, their only explanation was that this happens from time to time. I suggested that they should review their operations because it would not be farfetched to suggest… Read Full Review

Alibris_Amy's Response to akubinyi's Review

Written on: 09/07/2013

I'm sorry to hear your order never arrived. I can understand your disappointment since it was a rare book. I can assure you that your order shipped out from our international shipping center March 20. International orders ship by ISAL or International Surface Air Lift. ISAL consolidates and delivers packages from the U.S. to international destinations, handing the package to your local postal system.
Packages are batched to reduce time in transit, so unfortunately, these shipments cannot be tracked.
I would like to assure you that the instance of shipments lost in the mail is rare. However, you may want to contact your local Post Office to inquire about any known delivery problems.
We do hope you'll give us another try as this is not the typical experience.

Akubinyi's reply to Alibris_Amy's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2013

Instead of acknowledging what is indeed a typical experience of users of Alibris (see the numerous other similar complaints on this site), you are trying to blame the local post office. Nevertheless, I did indeed check with the local post office and as you shipped the order untracked, they were not in a position to trace it. Also, I did not mention earlier that Alibris lost another book that I ordered from another reputable seller, but which fortunately I was able to replace through another company. I will never order from Alibris again as you have irrevocably violated the trust that I, and may I say other users, have in your company! It does indeed seem to be a typical experience for Alibris to loose customer's orders and in cases where the items are rare and one off, this is more than inconvenience, it is unforgivable!

Bluzturk's Response to akubinyi's Review

Join the club homey!

Read 3 Comments

“Alibris Saved My Grade”

Written on: 07/03/2013

I've always found my dealings with Alibris very satisfactory except for 1 time which I found them extraordinary. Items ordered have always arrived earlier than stated delivery date and so far always in good condition. I've only once had to return something and that was through my own error… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2013

Thanks for sharing your experience. We love to help students save! Let us know anytime we can help!

Bluzturk's Comment

Says Billy Alibis.. lol

Read 2 Comments

“Alibris -- Some homework needed”

Written on: 22/02/2013

There are a lot of resellers on Alibris, some of whom are not so reliable. My suggestion is to check the number of positive + neutral ratings vs. negative ratings that a reseller has. The other trick is to do research on similar sites, like TextbooksRUs (aka TextbooksRush) and contact the reseller. Resellers that reply quickly are more reliable than those that don't. Be sure to ask about the edition and the condition of the book again, even if they are specified in the listing -- at cutthroat… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/06/2013

Thanks for your comment! Checking the seller's rating is very useful. We take pride in monitoring all our sellers and rely on customers to let us know when they've received unsatisfactory service. Please let us know anytime we can help!

“Book never arrived.”

Written on: 03/01/2013 by djferros (36 reviews written)

Ordered a book on the 10th November for a Christmas present. After 15 days, it still hadn't arrived. I contacted Alibris who told me to wait another 10 days. Then after another 10 days i was told to wait until 24 December! Luckily, i'm not an idiot and knew it wouldn't arrive so arranged another present for this person. I was refunded promptly for the full amount but just found the whole thing annoying. Based on the other reviews here, i now doubt my book was ever shipped! As, as you know… Read Full Review

Alibris_Amy's Response to djferros's Review

Written on: 20/06/2013

I'm sorry to hear your order never arrived. I can understand your disappointment. We do hope you'll give us another try as this is not the typical experience.

Bluzturk's Response to djferros's Review

Written on: 02/08/2013

Crappy business and customer service maybe we should all get t-shirts made. I had a bad experience myself with this company. They have quite an impressive list of books but, if they don't ever arrive what a complete waste of time it is.

Read 2 Comments

“Run in circles. Never received. Lied to.”

Written on: 31/12/2012 by NNNoris (1 review written)

I ordered Silver Seas: A Retrospective, A "Good copy" through Alibris for $127.00 on about Dec 5th, it was from Goodwill in CA. I received an email 3 days later that it was shipped. THEN, after 2 wks and never receiving the book I emailed Alibris asking where my book was and the response was that they notified me 3 days following the order that it was no longer available. AND that there was another book available and sent me the link.Oh! By the way, I searched my emails and found no such… Read Full Review

Alibris_Amy's Response to NNNoris's Review

Written on: 21/06/2013

I appreciate you bringing this seller's error to my attention. We take pride in monitoring all our sellers and we rely on our customers to let us know when they have had unsatisfactory service. I'll follow up with Goodwill in CA regarding this. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me directly. Attn: Amy. Thanks!

Bluzturk's Response to NNNoris's Review

They suck the wang

“terrible company”

Written on: 19/12/2012 by denylady (2 reviews written)

I ORDERED A DVD WEEKS AGO FOR XMAS IT NEVER TURNED UP, THE I HAVE EMAILED ALBIRIS SO MANY TIMES AND THEY NEVER GET BACK TO ME....I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN...FROM MRS DEAKIN ENFIELD… Read Full Review

Alibris_Amy's Response to denylady's Review

Written on: 20/06/2013

I'm sorry to hear that! A full refund is guaranteed should your order get lost in transit. Please contact me directly for help. Attn: Amy. Thanks!

Bluzturk's Response to denylady's Review

me neither never again!

“Worst company ever!”

Written on: 11/12/2012

I ordered a book for Uni that was apparently shipped 4 weeks ago, but i have yet to receive it! I was attracted by the cheap prices, but have learned that i would rather pay more on Amazon which is a reliable company with prompt delivery than order from this excuse for a company! Their customer service is incredibly poor, receiving the same email for different queries about my order on 2 different occasions, and now, when i wrote to them again, they have ignored my email! This customer… Read Full Review

“DISGUSTING!!!!!!”

Written on: 27/11/2012 by Stacey4889 (1 review written)

Ordered a book two weeks ago, which I really need for my university course. I was attracted to this company for the low prices, and that amazon were out of stock! Tried to track order but apparently I do not have an account (well I'm getting daily emails enticing me to spend ) so that would suggest I do!!!! Awful company, disgusting careless staff!!! I will be spreading the word about how awful this company is AND seeking advice from trading standards so watch out !!!!!! … Read Full Review

Alibris_Amy's Response to Stacey4889's Review

Written on: 29/11/2012

When you order as a "guest," no log in is required. Instead you can check your order status by clicking the guest order link in your order confirmation email.

I'd be happy to help you further. Please email me at [email protected] Put "Attn: Amy" in your message so that it will be routed to me. Thanks!

“Terrible to deal with”

Written on: 10/10/2012 by Rowan369 (1 review written)

I wish I had seen these reviews before purchasing, there appears to be no way to confirm your order before final purchase, they hold your card details without asking and then do not allow cancellation even within a few minutes.. Avoid at all costs I have to reiterate what others have said and don't even think they are trading within the law. They only have one star because you can't have none… Read Full Review

Alibris_Amy's Response to Rowan369's Review

Written on: 01/11/2012

Hi Rowan, Sorry to hear about the frustrating experience. I'd be happy to address your concerns and help you get a refund for the unwanted item. Please contact me by email at [email protected] . Put Attn: Amy in the subject line so your message will come to me.

Read 1 Comment

“Appalling, dreadful, and possibly illegal!”

Written on: 25/04/2012

Alibris doesn't tell you clearly before you place your order, that because of the way they ship, you cannot cancel your order. Under the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000, this is not even legal, as a company is not allowed to try and restrict your right to cancel, even 7 days after you've received it. The post-order confirmation you receive says (misleadingly) that "Refunds for any cancelled items will be issued to the same credit card." But right underneath that is a Q+A… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2012

Hello Sarah, My apologies that we weren't able to stop this shipment. Your order was already in transit to you when the cancelation request was received. We have provided a UK address for the return of this item and issued a full refund. Please feel free to reply to my email if you have additional questions. Thanks!