Blue Air Reviews

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Blue Air - Ask a question now

“ Cancel Flighst Avoid!!”

written by jwHanna475 on 15/02/2019

Cancelled flights under pretext of Brexit, complete bull shine as same flights were rebadged under Alitalia operated by BlueAir at three times the price. Hundreds left unable to fly due to additional cost, poxy refund policy, no refund on accommodation. Lack integrity, disingenuous, no business ethics or customer care nil. Please avoid, Opodo just as bad, probably best book package holiday through standard operators as their is no accountability, liability or ethical refund policy. Good luck folks,,,xx

“Cancelled flight!”

written by Tommo07841 on 14/02/2019

Booked to fly to alicante with 20 other people on the 21st March for a friend's 50th most of the group have received an email today advising the flight is cancelled as they will no longer operate this route from the end of February.....all other flights have pretty much doubled!!! I haven't received the email and gave up on speaking to them as I was on hold for over an hour to confirm when I will be refunded!!!! Shoddy service I definately wouldn't recommend them. Fingers crossed we can book alternative flights as hotel is all booked!

“G H Scotland”

written by on 13/10/2017

Just off this webb site and used the customer help line. I got in touch and immediately they were online with me to assist in adding API. Angel was my customer service person and she explained and cleared up all queries that i had and made everything so easy. Safari as i am concerned it was a first class service, and as this is the first time i have used Blue Ainr i will definitely have no problem recommending them to my friends and i will certainly use them again. Thanks again Angel for all your help.

“Great flight and staff”

written by Amerie1411 on 24/08/2017

First time flying with blue air and first flight for our youngest son who's 3years. Our flight was 24th August so peak season and the staff were amazing with our boys and ourselves! We received complementary sandwiches and drinks and staff were so friendly and acomadating, always happy to help, we would definitely fly with blue air again!!! A big thumbs up from us

“WORST AIRLINE ! No customer service, RUDE, arrogant...”

written by J.Passey on 13/01/2017

By far the worst airline I've travelled with ! First couple of times flying with them and definitely last ! After getting to the airport 2 hours prior our flight, we end up running through security check with an INFANT ! We got to the check-in desk early, only to be told that they can't find a reservation under our name. We say that's not possible, as we booked and paid, had a confirmation e-mail and even a pre-flight reminder e-mail. The lady tries again and then blatantly says there's nothing she can do, as she can't find our reservation in the system, then rudely suggests that maybe we made the reservation for a dofferent date (really??) NOTHING SHE CAN DO! We are getting stressed by this point, ask if there is someone else that can help us, so the lady calls head office 5 times before they eventually find that we do, in fact, have a reservation so we can proceed with the check-in 30 minutes before we were supposed to board the plane! We run through security check, trying to make it just in time to board the plane, but then end up having to wait another 4 hours to actually do so. When we got on the plane we were greeted by this not even apologetic or smiling, very rude and hostile hostess! During the whole flight she kept this arrogant attitude but the last drop was when we were getting off the plane. I was trying to carry the 2 bags we were travelling with and a duty free bag we purcased when waiting forever to board the plane. The hostess then said "why didn't he bring 7 bags?" in romanian, thinking that I wouldn't understand, not knowing my wife behind me is native romanian! When my wife answered back saying I'm only carrying as many bags as we paid for she froze and couldn't even say another word! After we got home we tried to get in touch with customer service to attempt and get our money back for this disastrous flight, got told to ring a different number who they have't answered, then we we rang back the number we first called we had no answer again ! They will take the mickey out of you on your money!! And there's nothing you can do about it because they just don't care! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!! Wouldn't fly again if it was free, to be treated like a piece of ****!!!!

“Low cost no frills travel”

written by Maxwellr1976 on 29/06/2016

Having read some of previous reviews I dreaded my travel with blue air, I have just returned from Bucharest and both flights were very good, they both left on time arrived ahead of time, free food breakfast , lunch ( Glasgow - Bucharest ) friendly professional staff, on par or better than Ryanair,

“Avoid flying with them”

written by fgGauthier207 on 16/03/2016

Flew with them in December 2015 booking extra leg room. Was allocated standard seats for both flights despite speaking to ground staff and attendants on flight They were not remotely interested, were down right rude and customer services have not responded, despite contacting them 3 times for a refund on service they did not deliver on Dreadful airline - avoid if you can Its a shame as Bucharest is a great place to visit. There are alternative airlines to use so suggest you do so

Jpassey's Comment

Written on: 13/01/2017

Couldn't agree more ! Absolutely dreadful experience, travelling with an infant as well !

WORST AIRLINE we have ever flown with !

“It SUCKS!!!”

written by TannerMcHugh438 on 13/03/2016

Arrogant and bad service. The worst I have ever seen in low cost airlines... Avoid it at all costs

“flight to Catania”

written by karluta on 22/02/2016

I've Just traveled with Blueair and after all the reviews i've read I can say it was a nice experience - nobody asked or checked the lugage ,flight arrived in time,nici people. Airplain not very new but ok.

“BY FAR THE WORST AIRLINE. AVOID AT ANY COST.”

written by LucianBaciu on 24/06/2015

I`m a travel agent in London and I have travelled with many airline companies from Ryanair to Emirates and with all the regret I say that Blueair is by far the worst airline and not because is low cost, as when you pay for a low cost airline you expect nothing than low cost. Most of the time I fly in Europe with Ryanair and Wizzair and have to say that I always look to book one of them as they are the best low cost airlines, not low quality with the poorest service in the world like Blueair. The cabins are in the worst condition you will ever imagine in a plane and you cannot feel safe. The seats are so dirty and the toilets look like those public toilets at the concerts. You will meet the rudest and the most unprofessional people working for this airline. They need at least a couple of weeks of hospitality trainings and anger management classes. All of them! Worst part I think is when all of them are trying to charge you all the time for stupid reasons and you feel like some hungry wolfs are chasing you. You don`t feel relaxed until you get your luggage and exit the airport. This airline is NOT and I repeat, is NOT even close to Wizzair or Ryanair. Be aware that Blueair doesn`t allow you to board with the boarding pass on your smartphone like the other low cost airlines and they will charge you 10 euros without blinking. Also beside that the majority of the low cost airlines have the same carry on dimensions, Blueair will try their best to charge you maybe double the price you`ve paid for the ticket for oversize. All the bad reviews are well based on very unhappy episodes experienced with this company. You wanna fly cheap? Fly cheap, but AVOID THIS AIRLINE.

Alinaynwa's Response to LucianBaciu's Review

Written on: 01/08/2015

Hi there, did you fly from the UK at all? I've accidentally booked blueair rather than wizzair (little error via sky scanner) and seeing all the reviews really scares me off. On their policy it states that online check in is not available from the UK and when I've tried checking in now it wouldn't let me so I hope I won't get charged for checking in at the airport! Do you have any suggestions/ideas/comments? Thanks in advance.

Lucianbaciu's reply to Alinaynwa's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2015

Hi! Wizzair is my favorite low cost airline...too bad you booked Blueair.
I would advise you to be really carefull with the luggage and print everything.
Book also priority boarding. Is going to make the difference as they are not organized at all so for a few pounds you will save a lot of time.
Good luck

Jpassey's Response to LucianBaciu's Review

Written on: 13/01/2017

Couldn't agree more !!

“Awful Airline. Delays, rude and unprofessional staff”

written by Bogavitch on 25/02/2015

Awful airline. Do not ever travel with this airline. I was travelling from Dublin to Catania and I had a connecting flight in Bucharest. However, when I checked in at Dublin airport, Blue Air told me that I had to collect my luggage again in Bucharest and check in all over again, even though I was flying with Blue Air from Bucharest to Catania! Then I found out that the flight to Bucharest was delayed. This made my collecting of luggage and checking in time in Bucharest shorter, hence, missing my flight to Catania. When I went to the 'help desk' of Blue Air, they were unhelpful and rude. They didn't want to know me. I had to make my way to the information desk at the airport and organise a new trip to Catania with a different airline. So I paid for a new ticket and paid to stay in a hotel that night. All because Blue Air wouldn't put my luggage straight through to Catania and because their flight from Dublin was delayed. Awful experience and will never fly with them again.

“Low cost =very low quality in this instance”

written by Tessan32 on 11/09/2014

Where do I start?!? When you look on their website - the price you see for the flight - is definitely not the price you will pay at the end. For example: one way on the flight search is £24 and you end up paying £39!!! And that,s before any luggage. This would not be a huge issue, as one expects additional charges on low cost airlines. But coupled with poor customer service, low level of cleanliness in the toilets, rude staff at check in, which of course will then extend to the flight duration.... NO comparison to Aerlingus - what a pity they stopped flying on this route... Bitter experience, no smile at the end of it... On the plus side - the pilots seemed to know what they are doing, and I suppose it,s a key issue since arriving safe at your destination.... is the main thing. In this instance, in my experience, low cost definitely equals low quality...

“Check-in sibiu absolutely a mess”

written by blueairnomore on 06/09/2014

It was a mess. The check-in in SIBIU Romania is unfriendly and it`s a robbery to take 54,- EUR for a small bag 25cmX40cmX50cm and a weight of 9 Kilo. This Airline company will never see me or one of my friends or Family members again. Apart from this fact i will tell everybody to avoid any contact to it. The check in staff has no idea of treating customers friendly and respectful. Never again. It`s a shame! ! ! They treat People (their customers) very disingenuous, no respect. They have just one interest: MONEY, SELFISHNESS, and to defraud their customers. The seats are damaged and the interior of the airplane looks terrible. I`d rather pay some more money to travel with a fair Airline.

“unjustified negative expectations ”

written by Conradvk410 on 30/08/2014

Had a flight with Blue Air last Thursday from London Luton to Bucharest Otopeni. After all negative reviews that I have found on several websites, including this one, I have prepared myself to the fullest and I was ready to, almost, everything, I left some clothes in London to avoid overweight (taking into consideration that fact that my hand luggage weighted 10.6 kg). I freed side pockets on the bag to be sure that the bag will with into the measure frame at the gate. I have even bought 65 Euros, because as I have read that Blue air can ask for such amount of money even if there is a small overweight or the bag is bigger by their opinion. I have put souvenirs in my pockets and have worn sweater under my jacket to make sure that the bag will fit into the frame. This was my general and moral disposition when I approached check-in desk. Contrary to all reviews and concerns, all that “check-in lady” asked me to do is to place my hand luggage in the frame. This request was asked with politeness. So I place it and it fitted smoothly even though I was worried about the size, because I tried to put into the frame when I was on my way to London and it didn’t fit, so my advice is - to keep side pockets free of stuff. I’ve got my boarding pass, had fast breakfast and then went through the security. After the gate number was announced I walked to the gate and saw the queue. It was big enough. Again, after I read that crew can ask for extra money, even if the bag was allowed on board by the check-in team I was prepared for something “bad”. However, nothing happened. Everything was smooth and polite. “hello”, “boarding pass please”, Thank you and have a good flight. Boarding and the entire flight went smoothly. The plane was in very good condition, the cabin crew was very polite and extremely attentive. After we landed, all passengers were applauding to the pilots. Overall I would like to say that I was confused by such polar reviews, which lead me to a conclusion either those negative reviews have been written by “snobs”/“unlucky passengers” or I have been that lucky one that flew with a team that has very good attitude towards their job.

“Horror flight”

written by on 18/06/2014

Just flew with Blue Air on 18 June 2014, from Bucharest,Romania to Cologne,Germany.It was the most freakin' bad flight ever.The web site sucks...any additional bag after online check-in was no possible,no possibility to save as PDF the flight ticket,just quickly printing ... at the airport check-in counter I had to pay an additional 65€ for my hand luggage because they didn't deem it fit into the guide size cage (even though I always fly with the same bag!) as cabin luggage,seems to fit on Lufthansa,British Airways,Wizzair,etc....but for Blue Air it is a very good way to trap and harass passengers for extra money...so I have paid for luggage/one way trip: 25€/booking/big luggage + 65€/check-in counter/1 normal carry-on luggage....too much money for one way flight... About the aircraft and staff what can I say...dirty seats,Rude and aggressive personnel....NOT TO RECOMMEND!!!!

“cheap=very expensive”

written by lupu on 05/01/2014

Very careful when you buy cheap tickets to companies that prove to be very expensive.An example is BLUEAIR.Besides it takes forever to buy a ticket,you get to the final page and writes that "session expired"You start again and see that the ticket price went up in the last 5 minutes.In 04.01.2014 a friend of mine had to come from Bacau.Got to the airport and been told that there's no more seats on the flight and rescheduled for Tuesday saying he should come earlier to not have the same surprise.I did not know that they use buses instead of planes.How the beep did this happened?? Why sell more tickets than the seats available??? ???????????

“Treated like dogs by Blue air staff members”

written by on 06/11/2013

Yesterday (4 November) , I was treated in a very rude way by a young lady a staff on the ground in Bucarest whose name I have, but strangely enough...the Blue air management does not want to know, they can't care less. I was expressing my concern re. what I had been told in Rome concerning the 40 Euros I had to pay to have my luggage checked in : the Italian Blue air employee in Rome had told me that I wouldn't have to pay in Bucarest...he was wrong, but besides the fact to pay EUROS 84 for a luggage (even if it is indicated on your web site) is a true racket, is it normal your staff answers to a customer ït's your problem"? Same scenario later, involving two Italian passengers. They were told by another young staff member of your "lovely company"that's your problem!. Is that a new slogan? I am working in the UN and I will alert

“Dreadful service on Luton - Bacau”

written by on 14/07/2013

There were 15 until the plane had to take off and we didn't manage to do the check in. There was a problem with the computer but no one would take responsibility and fix it; turned out the flight was delayed with nearly 2 hours. There was a right palavra regarding the number of clear bags you could use to store your liquids: in Luton was allowed two bags which cost £1.00 each (rip off!!!), in Bacau they were giving the bags for free but was allowed one bag only. On top of these the staff was rude in both airports (Bacau and Luton) and appeared amateur. Tickets don't come very chap either. You have got a long way to go Blue Air!!!!!!!!

“Unfriendly and rude staff”

written by beepbeepsparkle on 18/06/2013

Sibiu - Stuttgart, 18.09.2013 Most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered in an airport. Dismissive and rude attitude, use of belittling language towards passengers! Not worth going though this ever again! Would never recommend this to any of my friends and family!

“Hölle auf Erden-Horrortrip-nie wieder Blue Air”

written by on 20/05/2013

Auf dem Rückflug von Sibiu nach Stuttgart musste ich meine Handtasche in mein Handgepäck reintun, mein Koffer war dadurch ein wenig gewölbt und passte nicht mehr in die Vorrichtung. Das Personal total unfreundlich, unkompetent, frech meinte ich soll 55 euro zahlen und das Handgepäck als Gepäck aufgeben. Da ich kein Bargeld dabei hatte bot ich an was aus dem Koffer rauszunehmens sie meinten dafür ist keine Zeit, darauf lief der Mitarbeiter aus dem Terminal raus und meinte ich hätte mein Flug verpasst, meine Freunde waren schon im Bus sie wollten mir helfen dürften aber nicht mehr aussteigen. Die Mitarbeiterin am Terminal meinte ich soll doch in 2 Tage fliegen es sei doch nicht Ihr Problem ich sei selber schuld. Nach langen flehen und betteln und dank meiner Freunde die sich für mich im Flugzeug eingesetzt haben und das Geld 55 euro bezahlt haben wurde ich alleine mit dem Bus zum Flugzeug choffiert. Die Mitarbeiter sind total inkompetent, unfreundlich, frech total herzlos haben mich wie ein kleines dummes Kind behandelt, wie der letzte Dreck. Hab mich bei der Airline hinterher beschwert, nicht mal ne kleine Entschuldigung erhalten, sie haben mir Ihre Paragraphe aufgezählt und sie wurden sich freuen wenn ich nochmal mit Ihnen fliegen würde, Frechheit. Problemlösung: ich hätte einfach was aus meinem Koffer weggeschmissen aber das hätte natürlich kein Geld eingebracht. Ich werde nie wieder mit Blue Air fliegen.

Beepbeepsparkle's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2013

The exact thing happened to me today! I have never met such rude people! Their attitude towards all passengers dripped contempt and arrogance. They threatened to deny me boarding unless I paid the 55e for my hand luggage. I have never seen anything like it before!