Chicco Polly Highchair Reviews

Chicco Polly Highchair - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Chicco Polly Highchair

“great little chair”

written by johnyfine on 02/01/2013

bought this on offer from toy r us for my six month old. really glad i did, its very robust, well built and offers a number of recline positions including being able to adjust the seta so that baby can lie back and sleep right after eating, very useful and convenient. the only dislike or gripe is that it doesnt have a handy net basket like the lower version of the chair. shame really. other than that, its a great chair and im happy with my purchase.

“What happens when the straps break.”

written by on 17/03/2012

The chair is very functional. It's possible for the infant to start using it quite soon due to the reclining seat. It's boring to clean and seems to take up endless amount of space. But the kids like it, and so does the mom. But once the buckle on the seat broke. The chair became unsafe. I thought it was no big deal, I would just order new straps for a small amount. But I was mortified to discover there is no replacement available. :( Due to that fact alone, I won't be buying Chicco any time soon.

“Lovely highchair, does everything I wanted it to ”

written by on 13/12/2011

I bought this highchair for my daughter when she was 6 months old. I was torn between the Polly and the Happy Snack. I eventually went for the Polly. It's a big highchair but I like that about it. It was too big for my daughter at 6 months although still manageable. Now she's older she fits it perfectly and I'm glad now that it will fit her until she's much older. When we go out for food sometimes my daughter is too small for their chairs and she's not even 1 yet. I love the colours, I love the removeable liner that makes it bigger when they get older. The tray is huge and really excellent for playing, messy time and for feeding too. I love the height adjustability as well and this will be excellent when she's older and eating at the table with us and I can just take the tray off and slide her closer to us. Downsides for me are all the nooks and crannys this thing has! I did read reviews about this first but thought they were over exaggerating but believe me they weren't! Food gets everywhere and it's hard to get all the crumbs out. Not just from the corners of the seat, but underneath the liner and underneath the bottom one too! This is annoying but I just give the whole tray and chair a good wipe down with an anti-bacterial wipe each night. It's seemed to work so far and it's not too much hassle. Another downside is that the pommel that goes inbetween the legs on this is attached to the underneath of the tray and not the seat itself. It's fallen out a few times and I'm terrified that one day it will come off and my child will slip through onto the floor, or rather hang mid way from the straps! Speaking of the straps, they are pale blue and really easy to stain and impossible to wash. Who's idea was it to make the straps next to a child's mouth and messy hands pale blue?? Stupid idea really but at the end of the day it doesn't matter so much. All in all this is an excellent highchair and I love it. If you are wanting the height adjustable feature and wanting to use it as a chair at the table without a tray when the child is a toddler they buy it, it's worth the money. If you'll never use these two features then get the Happy Snack and save yourself some money.

“Recommended”

written by on 26/10/2011

I 've been using this chair for 2 years and i'm very satisfied with it. The seat is very comfortable for smaller babies and really like the reclining option which was very useful when i had to give medicine to my baby.

“Prepare for tears”

written by on 10/10/2011

My daughter keeps on getting her little fingers trapped when the tray. We try to remember to get her to lift her hands up but it is inevitable that she will move her hands down at some point. Terrible design and if you do buy it, prepare for a lot of tears from your little ones.

“I have been using the chicco Polly high chair for...”

written by NuttyNat1983 on 31/08/2010

I have been using the chicco Polly high chair for about 10 months now and think the chair is fab.
It's funky and hard waring. My son has tested this out as he is into rocking backwards and forwards in it. I feel it's safe and comfortable although he can still slouch in it.
The 2 down sides I have found with this chair is:
1. Very hard to clean. It gets food stuck in the creases which are almost impossible to get out by wiping alone.
2. Too big and bulky to transport so I am unable to take it on holiday with us or to the grandparents when they look after my son.

However these 2 points don't put me off and I'd still recommend the chair.

“Had this chair for nearly 2 years now, certainly had...”

written by Mia s Dad on 14/03/2010

Had this chair for nearly 2 years now, certainly had our use out of it!
My daughter loves it, very comfortable, she often fall asleep in it after dinner! A very good, hard-wearing chair! Would defiantly recommend!
I have just two negative points.
1) The foam padding has started to split where the straps go though and I can't seem to find a replacement.
2) It can be a bit tricky to clean. We find it best to give it a good wipe after each sitting and then take all the padding and straps off every week or two to give it a good deep clean.

Mom2Two's Response to Mia s Dad's Review

Written on: 10/05/2010

I have the same high chair and phoned the manufacturer because of the pad being torn. I was able to order a new pad for a reasonable price.

“I hate this chair with a passion!! ”

written by on 07/03/2010

I hate this chair with a passion!!

It is very difficult and time consuming to keep clean, there just seems to be endless nooks and crannies for food to become lodged. At times it has got so bad that it really stinks despite wiping it down after every sitting. The removable tray is usless as food still gets underneath and my daughter soon learnt how to take it off herself and chuck it food and all over the floor lol!

Despite the padding, my daughter still slumps in it as it does not provide enough back support, so cant be comfie for her.

Another downside is that it is very heavy and takes up a lot of floorspace. It was advertised as being freestanding whilst folded, however when I put it next to the wall it ended up toppling on my 9 month daughter, it was a miracle she was not seriously injured.

I researched a great many chairs before choosing this one, however in my naivity i did'nt think of the practicality of it.

In hindsight I should have looked past all the gimmicks and gone for a cheaper minimalist chair!

Masny74's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2010

I couldnt agree more with this review . It is an absalute nightmare to clean there are nooks and crannies that i found 2 months later that i didnt knwo existed ! my son , who is not a small 7mnth old just alwys looked slouchy and uncomfortable in chair . It is so big and doesnt stand on its own . The table is ridicoulously bit with a silly indentation going around it which always gets food in and is a bugger to clean.
<br/>Unless you have a big kitchen/dining room or lots of time on your hands to clean it then dont buy this .
<br/>I have now got a cheap Ikea plastic chair - My son loves it and its brilliant to clean its so much better than the chicco .

“I have been using the Polly Highchair for my son for a...”

written by on 20/02/2010

I have been using the Polly Highchair for my son for a few months now and he loves it. I feel it is definately worth the money.
It has extra padding on the seat and backrest for when baby is smaller and this is easily removed when older and for wiping down. Yes highchairs are always going to be a pain to clean and get out those bits of food that your baby will drop, but i find it is easy to keep clean by having a removable pad.
The best thing for us is that we have a very small kitchen / diner and it is just not possible to leave a highchair up all the time, so with the Polly this is fantastic as with just a few clicks the highchair folds up completely and the tray is stored at the back out of the way and is stands neatly against a wall in my kitchen out of the way.
I think it is much more comfortable than these wooden highchairs that offer no support to younger babies. It also has a 5 point harness and my son always looks secure and comfy when sat in his highchair.
I would definatley recommend this highchair.

“This Chicco Polly Highchair is quite pricey but...”

written by on 27/05/2009

This Chicco Polly Highchair is quite pricey but versatile. We bought ours new on an ebay auction back in 2006 for our first child. for £60 I have to say it was a really good buy. The recline facility seems a bit pointless as who lies down to eat?!? The different height facility and the ability to take the tray off is excellent as when the child is older they can join you at the dining table - this was the main reason for buying it. Were on to the second child and have to say both were excited to use it and seem extremely comfortable in it. Would definitely recommend it if you want something heavy and durable, but shop around, you don't have to pay £100.

“It reclines which is great for children who fall...”

written by lbarry092003 on 17/12/2008

It reclines which is great for children who fall asleep eating and you don't want to disturb them, most messes wipe clean with a cloth, it folds even thou i use it too much to fold it ever, and it rolls. I love the different heights that you can put it at since we can feed her at our really high dinning room table.

I would buy this chair again and recommend it but also tell them that the tray won't fit anywhere but outside to be hosed off... and to scotchgaurd the bottom of the pad. other than that it is a good adjustable highchair and if you could find replacement parts for it I would use it again but they are as hard to find as Santa in August.

“We have gotten good use of this Chicco Polly Chair. I...”

written by on 24/11/2008

We have gotten good use of this Chicco Polly Chair. I did really like the way it would fold up to be so slim and out of the way and I liked the way it goes up and down to different levels.

I would recommend the cloth. You can easily throw that in the wash. I didn't see that out at the time we bought or I probably would have picked that one.

“The Polly 2 in 1 high chair is a versatile chair that...”

written by Musicman123 on 15/11/2008

The Polly 2 in 1 high chair is a versatile chair that you can use at the main dining table when your child grows big enough. We had a small problem with our particular chair and contacted Chicco's customer service department. They responded very quickly and helped us to resolve the issue. Excellent service!!! Keep up the good work there, Chicco!!

“The lap harness broke on both of the Chicco Polly...”

written by on 21/10/2008

The lap harness broke on both of the Chicco Polly Highchairs I purchased and I can't find replacement parts anywhere. Probably would not recommend it

Musicman123's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2008

Why not contact customer services before condemning the product? They helped me out without a quibble! Customer services contactable through their website.

“We did a lot of research, looked at lots of reviews...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by dawne on 30/07/2007

We did a lot of research, looked at lots of reviews and thought we had made the right choice. There was a great range of colours, easy to assemble and use... great the £100 was worth it for the high chair.

10 days later we have taken it back due to the hidden problem, that nearly caused us to scald our daughter with hot food.
The chair on ours slipped down the legs and crashed to the floor, sliding over the safety metal pegs holding it in place. IT was a shock to all of us, thankfully our baby was not hurt. We thought we had possibly assembled it incorrectly... so re-did it again (its simple to assemble but we wanted to make sure).

The following day it happened again.. we have now taken it back to John Lewis, and advised them of the problem. The manufacturer was not bothered when I called them to let them know.

Because of this, I have zero rated the product and would strongly RECOMMEND that you do not buy this product, it clearly has a design fault in the legs, which in turn could cause a nasty accident.

412628_Cr100's Response to dawne's Review

Written on: 25/10/2008

I can imagine this was a shock to you but what were you doing with food so hot near your daughter that it would cause her to be scalded anyway?!

“I bought the Chicco Polly High Chair just over 3...”

written by Founder of Lyon on 25/05/2007

I bought the Chicco Polly High Chair just over 3 months ago, and I can safely say that it was money well spent. I paid just under £80, and it was worth every penny. The design is stylish, and the seat height, recline and foot rest can be easily adjusted to suit your baby. The tray can also be washed in the dishwasher.

The high chair folds away, and can be stored very easily, so it doesn't get in the way at all. The harness is a 5-point harness, so it is very safe. And it is also very well padded and easy to keep clean.

The Chicco Polly is for babies and toddlers up to 37 pounds.