Diamondback Outlook Reviews

Diamondback Outlook - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Diamondback Outlook

“Superb Bike”

written by Devin_Cozz on 05/01/2021

Best brand of bikes. I love this bike very much. Look is nice. Quality is excellent. Price is affordable. All parts of bike is great and works properly. Happy customer.

“Did diamond back sell the company name or sell out?”

written by Abagail1969 on 24/10/2019

I can remember when diamond back was a quality name and you could trust the quality of components . the people at diamond back must not ride at all. If they do they aren't riding there brand. Shameful if they take pride on destroying For 300 us dollars I should of bought a used ride.. This bike feel apart faster then a Walmart bike. Worthless I wouldn't give this bike seat id fear it's going to her someone the one thing I liked about the bike was no one in their right mind would take it. It would be found around the corner a broken derailer or or crashed due to no brakes loose seat post that turns no matter how tight you tighten it. Out of true rims from casually riding it. Buy a used ride if 300 or close is your budget this bike is unfixable after 6 months.

“great bike”

written by on 28/07/2013

Ive had my diamondback outlook for 6 months now and all ive changed are the back brake blocks. It gets along when you want to with very little effort with a slick gear change and good brakes its that good i would let my mum ride it

Ridetothelimit123's Comment

Written on: 02/12/2014

i totally agree with you i got my diamondback outlook last christmas and every day im on it doing paper round and going down trials with my mates i recomend this bike to people who want a good looking reliable and cheap bike to mess around on its never broke on me. so far i have done 2436 miles on my bike and its going like new still

“Not even worth it if it was free”

written by on 13/09/2012

I am a full time college student, and I was given this bike around half a year ago. it first it was cool, and I rode it periodically over the summer. however after I got to college, the bake count stay together. it started with the handle bars, which I fixed, then the petal and crankshaft assembly fell off, about a mile form my dorm. I fixed and it fell of again. I couldn't ride half a mile without it falling off. When I took it to a professional bike shop they said that the crankshaft was stripped, and I needed a new one, so I bought one and installed it with a professional checking my work. He said it was good, but I only got three miles, before the new one fell off, this time over 2 miles form my dorm. I used my bike to efficiently commute around a massive campus (2nd largest in the nation) and I cant afford to be stranded having to walk by bike back. Nor do I have the time for the constant repairs (over an hour every week, plus the time to walk back) that this bike seems to need. Please understand, I understand what I'm doing when I repair stuff, I did two year of agg shop, and am studying mechanical engineering. this bike is just terribly designed. If you want a bike that will strand you in the middle of nowhere, this is the right one. otherwise, get something else.

“Good Crossover Bike”

written by steelmill on 05/03/2012

I have had my Outlook for a week. Probably has 20 miles road use and 5 miles light to moderate trail use. Frame design and tires make this bike seem to be more of a hybrid. I did buy a large size 20 inch frame which gives it more road characteristics. Feels good on the road. I wouldnt use it for heavy trail use though. After a week it dose have some noises. I just hope it holds up over the long run. I purchased an extended warranty, because I ride a lot.

“Got my outlook 909 used for $150, which had been used...”

written by on 20/08/2010

Got my outlook 909 used for $150, which had been used a only a few times according to the owner. It looks almost brand new. For the price it seems to be a good deal esp i use it for commuting to work. It does not make sense to put an expensive bike into the trank under the bus with other bikes. It is light-weight, fast, smooth and swift well. But several problems showed up after 1 month of riding. On my route there two pretty steep hills. The craneset is falling apart by daily power pedaling up the hills. lots of noise, can't get down to gear-1 on the front. tangling 8/10 times from front 2 to 3. the rear shimano works quite well. There is an easy solution: buy a shimano low-end cranest to replace whatever brand of outlook's original junk

“This is an excellent bike. The brakes work excellently...”

written by on 03/04/2010

This is an excellent bike. The brakes work excellently and the gear changes are very smooth. The front suspension is useful for changing between different terrains. It rides smoothly and has brilliant control. There is nothing bad about the bike.

“really good bike i really like going off roading on it...”

written by Mad Dan69 on 21/02/2010

really good bike i really like going off roading on it it is good fun.Managed to get it for a good price £124.99 Go Outdoors in the sale.

“First purchased a Diamondback Wildwood Citi and the...”

written by on 02/01/2010

First purchased a Diamondback Wildwood Citi and the right pedal fell off the first day riding when the threads on the cheap crank tore to shreds. "Major sporting goods store" uprgraded me to an 09 Outlook. First day riding Outlook, major manufacture defect in wheel hub caused gears to disengage completely from wheel. One employee at "major sporting goods store" told me about the Outlook, they had never seen so many returns for a bike due to defects. Nice bike for the price, shame they're mostly lemons.

“good ”

written by on 02/10/2009

good

“The Diamondback Outlook is a decent bike for the price...”

written by vin1070 on 07/09/2008

The Diamondback Outlook is a decent bike for the price but expect to pay a few quid extra to change a few little things like I did and you will have a really great looking bike. I shopped about for a decent bike and seen the mo5 in halfords i was a bit weary of buyinng from them due to reviews i have read on their bikes i have the bike 4 months and cover approx 15 miles per day and love it.

“This bike company is part of Raleigh, a once great...”

written by chat on 02/09/2008

This bike company is part of Raleigh, a once great bike builder. Unfortunately, in recent years they seem to have sacrificed quality for price. I have owned the Diamondback Outlook for just over 12 months from new prior to the bike falling to pieces. You get what you pay for' but the extra cost of decent bearings, wheels, has got to be minimal to these companies and I'm sure the customer would be happy to pay it for a bike that will last.

“Bottom line i would recomend this bike to a friend”

written by jensonkid89 on 20/07/2008

Bottom line i would recomend this bike to a friend

“I really like the Diamondback Outlook, its a bit heavy...”

written by on 10/06/2008

I really like the Diamondback Outlook, its a bit heavy but other than that its real easy to ride and quite cheap compared to other bikes around.

“This bike is great for freeride and downhill purposes...”

written by on 02/02/2008

This bike is great for freeride and downhill purposes but if you were thinking of trying it you would be best to change to proper downhill suspension

“After only two months of limited use the right pedal...”

written by Biffster on 22/05/2007

After only two months of limited use the right pedal fell off. The thread in the right crank had been totally ripped away by the thread on the pedal. When I tried removing the cranks with a crank puller the left one came off okay but, again, the thread on the right one ripped clean off due to the alloy being completely inferior. These were the worst cranks I have ever seen and wouldn't recommend the Diamondback Outlook (the UK version made by Raleigh) until they use better cranks. These Chinese manufactured SR Suntour ones are inferior and dangerous.

Chat's Response to Biffster's Review

Written on: 02/09/2008

I agree with this review because not only are most components inferior but some are dangerous. My front brakes tend to lock when applied vigorously causing loss of control.