Lycos Chat http://chat.lycos.co.uk/ Reviews

• Ease Of Navigation

Lycos Chat http://chat.lycos.co.uk/ - Ask a question now

“Waste of time”

Written on: 28/03/2022 by 389Drew (1 review written)

12 years back when I entered the doors of Lycos Chatroom as a Rookie, it ran properly and was enjoyable. As of now its ran by a chief that don't care for chatters and has little interest in helping others but her ego. Now this is a chatroom run by high ego navigators on a trip that's gone to there heads. I didn't know they hired Keyboard Warriors to do there dirty work, it sickens me that if you don't answer the so called chief your name is deactivated without warning.. In hindsight its run by… Read Full Review

“Expensive For Legacy Chatters. No one cares. ”

Written on: 01/02/2022 by Mudvayne-LD50 (1 review written)

If you are a legacy chatter forget this place. In order for me to use my name in any populated room I need to pay a monthly subscription of £12. That's punishedment for being a 16 year old chatter not a reward. All Navis basically ignored me and told me they don't care. So I have deleted my accounts, and I implore anyone not to use this chatsite. I signed in this morning without diamond into a room with 0 people. With diamond you can go into port with 50. Absolute joke. … Read Full Review

“Horrible site run by horrible people”

Written on: 30/12/2021 by Banksao394 (1 review written)

Initially this site can be fun but that wears off very quickly. I found myself talking to someone who initially seemed legitimate but soon started giving red flags. To cut a long story short, I managed to track down who the person was behind the scam account and also who the person was in the photos. To my absolute horror, the navi I dealt with was not interested in this and actually banned my account when I told her how disappointed I was in her attitude and lack of willingness to investigate… Read Full Review

“Stay far away”

Written on: 30/08/2021 by kxMcClure470 (1 review written)

Been chatter on Lycos for many years. It used to be a good chat site. So busy you had to wait to get in the popular rooms. Now it’s a dying site. Most of the navigators spend more time having fun. Then actually navigating. They ignore rule breakers. When a chatter is being bullied they just tell you to use the ignore function. They let chatters stalk other chatters. Known trolls are given a ban but then when the ban is up they are back and trolling again. The chiefs are a joke , if your good… Read Full Review

“If I Could Rate Zero”

Written on: 04/08/2021 by Libertyk391 (1 review written)

I have been a chatter on Lycos for 16 years. I recently deactivated my account. For years I thought this was the way chat was and would have to accept this fact. If a chatter abuses you the only recourse is to put them on ignore. The offensive chatter gets a very light warning and can continue with their behavior. Then they create a new account to bother you again. The navis are not helpful against these types of chatters. The owners are not involved in the daily business and leave the navis… Read Full Review

“This used to be a decent site, but over the years, has...”

Written on: 23/07/2021 by LailaHumphries253 (1 review written)

This used to be a decent site, but over the years, has become diabolical. The so-called 'navigators' bully, harass and intimidate users and facilitate abuse. They also turn a blind eye to this when chatters do it, and in some cases, encourage it. The owners are a disgrace and also refuse to accept responsibility whatsoever. If you try to leave this disgusting site, the 'navi's' will blackmail you/ spread malicious rumours that they get from other chatters. (They believe everything they're told… Read Full Review

“A complete hash of a site. ”

Written on: 29/05/2021 by CatalinaBaldwin346 (1 review written)

Before you try to log onto the site as a guest or even as a user then I shall point out that the site isn't all that and a bag of chips. It's not secure in regards to your personal details. I shall explain. The details you enter into their system can be accessed by the navigators and this also includes the information from your computer too - IP address, Machine ID, What browser you are using etc. This is pretty common but they won't tell you this. They will use your Email address, passwords… Read Full Review

“Horrible Site to Associate With”

Written on: 11/05/2021 by PaytonGillespie285 (1 review written)

Ive been a chatter of this site for about 20 yrs now. Seen alot of changes, plus the bullies, arrogant mods, sexual predators. I have seen alot of chatters being banned for no reason. They will ban the good chatters and leave the others on. I bet within a yr or so this site will be gone off the net. No one wants to chat on there coz of the bs etc… Read Full Review

“Mod acted perverted towards me ”

Written on: 22/10/2020 by 324Klein (1 review written)

I am a single make bored I joined this site recently and it seemed ok I was chatting away happily when a male mod removed me from a chat room and out me in a holding room that was just us two I was asking him what I did wrong and he kept saying "you are a very naughty boy hehe" confused I said can I go back in the room please but he said "only if you tell me how many incheys you is" I had no idea what this meant until I realised he was hitting on me so deleted my account I will not be going… Read Full Review

Misterknow's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2021

Talk about trolling... I'm sure you've been missed.

Read 1 Comment

“Lycos used to be a good chatroom but is now awful. It...”

Written on: 15/10/2020 by 472Lockhart (1 review written)

Lycos used to be a good chatroom but is now awful. It claims to be the biggest chatroom in the world. A quick look around the web soon disproves that ridiculous claim. I had been a chatter for more than 10 years but over the past two years the rules have changed so that older chatters are not allowed in the most popular room called port. This means that normally 85-90% of chatters are in one room, port, but long term loyal chatters are not allowed. If male they are not allowed in the ladies… Read Full Review

Handsomechap's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2021

You're only writing such a review because you were banned/removed/considered not welcome there. Seems a common theme on this site.

Parabolic's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2021

Considered not welcome, thats a laugh, most of the chatters are in one room and its the same old chat same emotes same smileys same gossip day in day out the chat never changes, same subjects same little group of bullies and the same old desperate men trying to pull girls, oh and btw a majority of the profiles are fake,

Read 2 Comments

“Too many boys, mods on a power trip.”

Written on: 23/02/2020 by Marc421 (1 review written)

It's a relic of the early noughties. Too many bots, moderators on a power trip. Everyone else is in the closet or posting bot like replies… Read Full Review

yes its a vile site
if one stands up for oneself you are banned

Handsomechap's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2021

Haha you were probably banned for being the vile one!

Parabolic's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2021

your username demands desperate attention for the chat...end of

Read 3 Comments

“awesome chat site keep it up every one .”

Written on: 04/04/2018 by 118Orr (1 review written)

very great chat site so keep it up and every one should join it… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 20/01/2018

Navigators are arrogant bullies that allow and encourage 'special' chatters to bully harass intimidate manipulate and spread libel about other chatters.Some of it involves quite serious allegations that could ruin someone's reputation/life , but they don't care. The victims take the blame and get punishment if they retaliate to the bullying or speak out against it. Also regardless of if you did something or not , if the navigators say you've done it then you've done it. If you try to explain… Read Full Review

B1343I's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2018

The site in question is a very dodgy site. The Navigators are very power hungry and because they have an anchor then they will think they could control you. I have had experiences in the past when they will talk down to you like you are a child then ban you for no apparent reason.

The site not safe at all because there are predators on that site and that includes some of the navigating team even though they will deny it.

Written on: 27/03/2020

i would entirely agree - as a woman who fights back i am banned i am supposed to turn over and take sexual abuse avoid this site at all costs

Mr1Malone's Comment

Written on: 07/10/2018

I agree entirely, the whole lycos setup stinks from the admins to the navvies all are a bunch of useless fcuks.

Read 3 Comments

“A joke of a chat site. ”

Written on: 19/09/2017 by Jacem317 (1 review written)

This site is full of moderators who act like the police, It is more strict than facebook. You have to pay for services where they claim the site is 100% free. You have more options on facebook and that is free. On lycos chat, You have to pay for packages which either don't work or are really expensive. The site monitor everything you do and nothing is safe on there where it comes to your personal details. The moderators are able to access your own personal information and non of them are… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/03/2020

avoid they are sexual bullies

Read 1 Comment

“Bans you for no reason”

Written on: 04/09/2017 by Keshawnb151 (1 review written)

Got banned for asking why my friend was banned from chat . Mods arrogant as well. They literally ban for no reason mods are bully's. I wish i could give this zero stars. Guess they like to pick on anyone who don't fit in… Read Full Review

Cosmickitty81's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2017

I got banned for the same reason I also paid for an emerald for a friend they also accused me of being another chatter. Poorly moderated and they are very unprofessional.

B1343I's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2017

They will accuse people of anything. They can check who is who by checking passwords, IP address, Email accounts and so on.

Macaronimac's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2019

accurate, got banned for having a picture of me with a friend who is 18 but the arrogant mod claimed that they looked under 16 and that the person of me, i complied with everything, they said i.e removing the picture complying with the admin then getting ip banned for a non disclosed amount of time

Getoveryourself's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2018

I was banned for being 'Double logged' when my partner was on a separate device. Told them there was two of us , and I was not active at the time , my account was left in sleeping quarters and I was nowhere near my computer when they shackled me. I was surprised as to why I was in shackles and the navigator spoke down to me. They accused me of 'colluding' with him and every time I tried explaining the situation I was called a 'smart a' and threatened. I got banned because I refused to log out after being accused for a good 15 minutes of being my partner. I was told my 'behaviour' was disgusting , and it would' not be tolerated' there and I had not done anything.

Read 4 Comments

“avoid ”

Written on: 04/06/2017 by ktBruce313 (1 review written)

avoid this site unless you like getting abuse from chatters and those in charge allow it , whats worse is if you have your say back to the abusers cos you will be the one that gets banned and not the original abuser . certain high up navigators think they above the law and can do what they like because there is nobody higher than them to complain to… Read Full Review

“Go for chat and find your being demanded to help guys...”

Written on: 02/10/2016 by FrankieMunoz (1 review written)

Lycos Chat.....I thought it would be a nice chat site, lets face it there are not many left online these days. The Navigators (mods) are nice but a lot of the time they chat between themselves and new people don't feel welcome or permitted to join in the chat, if you do your ignored. The men are mainly awful ( there are a few nice normal guys on there) but in the main they demand and expect you to help them get off, they don't seem to realise that is not what some of us are on there for. I… Read Full Review

“Dangerous site and should be rated minus 100 stars”

Written on: 14/03/2016 by 463McQueen (1 review written)

I used this site on and off for some time now and this site is potentially dangerous and misleading. They supply adverts which claim could harm your pc. What is that all about. The moderators I think are very rude and most of the other people on there. I was made to feel unwelcome. They have this room where you are first put into and all you see people with anchors, I think they are moderators just saying hi such and such and hello such and such. My screen was full of hellos from many different… Read Full Review

“this is this worst chat site”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Zaid308 (1 review written)

lycos chat is a chat room that is full of gangs and bullys and the navigators are no better if anyone ever conciders going on that site expect too get hassle grieve and plenty of perveted private messages it like a flock full of sheep and idiots who do as told by other chatters stay well clear of lycos chat the worlds worst chat site ever… Read Full Review

“Chav Room not a Chat Room”

Written on: 28/01/2013 by UKChatter (1 review written)

I've got a stack of screenshots from this site, e.g. one showing a moderator threatening me when all i did was point out that l was getting abuse. I am not convinced that all chatters are genuine chatters, many seem to be generated by one computer. All the chatters are rude. The moderators have absolutely no sense of right and wrong. They consider getting racist abuse to be a crime, because why else would multiple chatters be giving abuse to a single chatter?… Read Full Review