Silver Cross 3D - Apollo Standard Stroller Reviews

Type Strollers
Main characteristics
Stroller Type: Standard
Number of Seats: Single Seat
Recline Features: Reclining Back (4 Positions)
Other Features
Handle Features: Adjustable Handle Height
Convenience Features: Rain Canopy Included, Washable, Removable Canopy, Optional Car Seat, Stands Folded, Protective Apron, Lockable Swivel Wheels
Storage Features: Lower Storage Basket
Weight: 22.71 lb.

“Silver Cross 3D ”

written by on 20/05/2010

Silver Cross 3D
I actually got this as a replacement for a stroller since I was really not happy with it. Hence, so far I've only used it as a pushchair but I am expecting another and will get to use the pram then. The whole thing is really sturdy and steers well. I put my 2 and a half year old in it and he seems really comfy. Only issue is that when he's in his coat the shoulder straps won't fit, they're just not long enough. This isn't a major issue as he doesn't really like being that restricted. It folds really small and is freestanding which is soo good as it fits in my small car boot and my small house. Overall so far seems a good buy, a bit on the expensive side but I was trying to get something built to last. When looking at the pram mode the only real negative I can find is that it's a bit low, alot of other prams had a much better height for getting your baby in and out.

“My Silver Cross 3D - Apollo Standard Stroller has had...”

written by glou0811 on 26/09/2008

My Silver Cross 3D - Apollo Standard Stroller has had a problem with the folding. I think that mostly those people that have had problems are likely to have misfolded them. As long as you remember to release the catches on the handles AND THEN PULL UP THE HANDLE ON THE MUSIC STAND BARS you are unlikely to have a problem. However, I would only recommend this pram if you simply cannot afford to spend any more, as for a little bit extra money you can have the Bebe Confort Loola, which folds in the same way (so is light and small) but has a reversible seat unit and a larger more sturdy carrycot which can be taken off the chassis and used at home on a stand (instead of a moses basket) Its true that the Loola isn't anywhere near as pretty as the 3D, and no one can match Silver Cross for their attention to detail where fabrics are concerned. However, if you are taken by the 3D, look at the Loola as its much more functional and better made.

“I find it to be too bulky for bus, folds awful - mine...”

written by 2610cherie on 14/07/2008

I find it to be too bulky for bus, folds awful - mine broke and silvercross seemed to imply it was my fault! The big metal bar that is supposed to support baby broke on mine and I would never recommend silvercross to anyone - I thought the service was poor.

“Wheels broke on my Silver Cross 3D Apollo Stroller...”

written by saramatandrhys on 09/07/2008

Wheels broke on my Silver Cross 3D Apollo Stroller within a month and frame has bent. Rain still gets in when rain cover is on I paid nearly £400 and only got changing bag rain cover and pushchair. i didn't get no footmuff or car seat and now 4 months on i have to buy a new pushchair. being a young mum i feel let down by silver cross after so many people recommended them.

“overall not a bad travel system and good price”

written by scwilliams28 on 23/06/2008

overall not a bad travel system and good price

“Very poor value for money and it does not live up to...”

written by on 14/02/2008

Very poor value for money and it does not live up to the name of Silver Cross.

“I would not recommend the Silver Cross 3D pram to...”

written by michellefrancis1987 on 08/09/2007

I would not recommend the Silver Cross 3D pram to anybody - it is rubbish for the money I paid just. At just under £300 for mine I think its a waste of money I am very disappointed with silver cross as I thought I could rely on this company.

“The Silver Cross 3D - Apollo Standard Stroller is...”

written by logan69 on 19/07/2007

The Silver Cross 3D - Apollo Standard Stroller is absolutely rubbish for the money.

Saramatandrhys's Response to 299340_logan69's Review

Written on: 10/07/2008

I agree with this review because...i have a silver cross apollo and have had exactly the same problems and told the same things i cant afford a new one and rely on my pushchair so much.