Creative Labs DAP Jukebox Reviews

Creative Labs DAP Jukebox
4.0

Creative Labs DAP Jukebox - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Creative Labs DAP Jukebox

“The DAP Jukebox is a quality piece of equipment. So...”

written by Amazon Customer. on 08/02/2002

The DAP Jukebox is a quality piece of equipment. So far the only hard disk based player that has met my own tough working requirements. As a sound engineer for a local radio station I demand that the tools I use have to be simple and sturdy. It doesn't come much more so than the 20Gb Creative Jukebox. When working around the area on broadcasts I need to be able to have a large playlist of songs at my figuretips to fill those unforgiving minutes between actual presentations. This player has enough space to store all my current tracks and will still have plenty of room left for new release well into the new year. It saves having to carry around many cases of CD's and can be set up to roll off track after track. I am so confident about it ease of use that I even let the DJ's loose with it. The machine itself is happy to roll around in my toolkit and still perform at the end of a long trip. Multiply line outputs give an astounding sound when set up through a large system, and having on the fly recording also gives me the chance to capture interviews as we go as well - just remember to use a power microphone. Using the EAX settings I can change the sound of the players output to fit in with my location. Everyone agrees that it is the perfect tool. Now all I need worry about is the volume!

16076_Cobra55.'s Response to 12154_Amazon Customer.'s Review

Written on: 16/03/2002

Very good all that I needed to know.

Mewing2202's Response to 12154_Amazon Customer.'s Review

Written on: 26/07/2005

Hi I have had one of the DAP Jukebox for some years, It still works well and is used almost everyday.
<br>The main drawback I have found is its gargantuan power consumption. the hi power Ni-Cad's are best (Use 2.3 A/Hr) for best results)to use in a car would require a gigarette lighter power supply,for continuos opperation, otherwise the Ni-Cad's last 2-3 Hrs at best. incidently the duracell AA batteries last only 20 minutes.
<br>But its still a great player.
<br>The software only lets you intake music. It does'nt let you download the files to another computer, windows media player will access its files for a read only context.

79726_Eddie.'s Response to 12154_Amazon Customer.'s Review

Written on: 13/03/2003

New to MP3, gathering all the info I can before finally making a decision what portable player to buy. This has confirmed my choice.

21888_Jon.'s Response to 12154_Amazon Customer.'s Review