Dell A525 Reviews

Max. Power Output 20 - 50W
Number of Speakers 2.1 Speakers
Main characteristics
Number of Speakers: 2 Speakers + Subwoofer
Max. Power Output: 30 Watt (RMS)
Connection Type: Cable
Technical Features
Frequency Response: 45 - 20000 Hz
Front Speaker
Dimensions (W x D x H): 2.7 in. x 2.6 in. x 6.7 in.
Subwoofer
Body Material: Plastic
Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.1 in. x 7.9 in. x 9.4 in.

“Got them with my first pc and they we're a lot of bang...”

written by on 05/06/2010

Got them with my first pc and they we're a lot of bang for very litte money!
Very impressive fullrange sound.

“Dell A525 - The base is not good.”

written by on 09/08/2009

Dell A525 - The base is not good.

“My Dell A525 speakers worked great for a year and a...”

written by Chubsywubbledub on 01/04/2009

My Dell A525 speakers worked great for a year and a half! Not a whole lot of power, but these things weren't lacking very much in terms of sound quality. Listening to music was a treat with these. Sound in games was superb. Was very pleased up until a few weeks ago. After nearly two years of use, the volume control on the right speaker stopped working properly. Now when I turn my speakers on, they come in way too loud (at the lowest setting). I have to turn my Windows Volume Mixer way down (into the single digits!) just to get the speaker volume into an acceptable range. After adjusting the Windows Mixer volume, I have found that after I turn the dial on my speakers up a quarter of the way, it has maxed out it's volume. That's the main issue. There are a couple other minor things. See good/bad/points.

Before this issue with my volume control, these speakers were wonderful. Maybe it's an isolated issue. Do your research before purchasing.

“I bought them at a good price from a computer dealer...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by lka54 on 06/09/2008

I bought them at a good price from a computer dealer but they seemto be missing the driver to download them into the computer. If I'm unable to get them working I've wasted my money and I'm very upset.
The Speakers are A525 with woofer, can anyone comment with some help but for now I do not recommend Dell A525 speakers due to this.

Noob101's Response to lka54's Review

Written on: 20/09/2008

Connect pc audio cable and speakers to sub. Connect power and it works. No driver needed.

“Great sounding speakers, expected little for $40 but...”

written by trav1085 on 04/06/2008

Great sounding speakers, expected little for $40 but they are the best I have had! The subwoofer is excellent with its own volume setting, I would highly recommend these for playing music!

“These Dell A525s are smart looking and good design....”

written by Jim36 on 27/09/2007

These Dell A525s are smart looking and good design. Easy to use. Sound quality in games fantastic. Decent sized subwoofer.