Halfords

Halfords - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halfords

Halfords

“Waste of time”

Written on: 02/09/2022 by Andrzej11 (1 review written)

I booked an appointment to have the wheel alignment fixed, I left my car, after over 1 hour waiting, I received a call that the wheel technician did not turn up and the fault hasn't been fixed. I wasted my time and the guy in the office acted like nothing has happened, nobody even apologised for the situation. I do not recommend that place !

“NIGHTMARE”

Written on: 29/08/2022 by REGENTROAD (1 review written)

If I could give HO STARS AT ALL? I WOULD! What a complete joke of a company! On 26/08/2022, I purchased a front & dash cam package to be fitted at my home on bank holiday Monday. I thought it was strange that the Bolton store was emailing to pick up the equipment from them, which I did on Friday after work. Only to be told at the counter that I could only have it fitted at their store the earliest date would be next Friday and they required my car for two hours, they told me to ring Halfords Customer Service. The next morning on Saturday 27/08/2022 I did & waited on the phone for over an hour, & was told they could NOT FIT THE EQUIPMENT AT MY HOME, I was promised a return call from the manager WHICH NEVER CAME. So I purchased another set of the same dash cam equipment for a second time with a fitting slot of Monday 28/08/2022 and returned the first to the Bolton store later that day for a refund. The fitter arrived early and worked on my car for about an hour at my home, he rang the doorbell and said he COULD NOT FIT THE EQUIPMENT & I would have to the Bolton store because he COULD NOT FIND THE FUSE BOX! He had fitted the front dash cam on my windscreen which did not work & all the rest of the equipment I had purchased including empty boxes were in the front passenger foot well. He drove off & I then rang customer service who offered me a £85.00 fitting refund but could not do anything else until they had their equipment back! They could only do that when I could be fitted in and they were busy on other jobs. IS THIS HOW A CUSTOMER SHOULD BE TREATED?

“Brake repairs ”

Written on: 10/08/2022 by Curly10 (1 review written)

A big Thank you to the manager and staff at Halfords on Aberford Road. When I phoned the staff were really helpful and booked my car in today. When I arrived there, i was helped to park my car safety and was helped to get my bike out of the boot. Wow, what a friendly bunch of staff. I had a few telephone calls to explain what was wrong etc. Very professional and reasurruring. The manager was also very kind and offered me a discount to check my air conditioning I feel so grateful to everyone there because they were all amazing. A credit to your company Thank you

“Avoid at all cost !!!”

Written on: 20/07/2022 by niravv (1 review written)

Have booked for Wheel Alignment online on 18/07/2022 at 16:30. Turned up only to be told that they didn’t know about appointment as they haven’t checked computer all day and they won’t able to see me as they are very busy. Re arranged for 19/07/2022 only to be told again that they are busy. Either wait for 2 hours or re arrange. Ridiculous service, Very unprofessional. Avoid at any cost!!!

“Couldn't fit battery”

Written on: 11/07/2022 by Timrmn2480 (1 review written)

Rang about battery. Call went well, told a nearby branch had the battery and booked a fitting appt. Had to book early as I had a busy day, so got up early, drove 20+ miles to Ashbourne for 8.15. battery and job ticket waiting there, all looked well. Left the car, & it was all locked up on my return, assumed the job was done, but no - the 'technicians' told me they couldn't figure out how to get my battery out! & Offered a refund! So wasted my time and fuel to witness incompetence. Avoid! Go to a proper garage with qualified mechanics!

“DO NOT USE THIS GARAGES AVOID !!! ”

Written on: 31/05/2022 by Alyssao171 (1 review written)

VERY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE ### WILL NEVER COM BACK !! PLEASE AVOID THIS GARAGE!!! UNQUALIFIED SCRUFFY STUPID PEOPLE WENT FOR A SERVICE WEAN I GOT THE CAR INSIDE AND OUTSIDE WAS FULL OF DIRTY MARKS OF GREASE/ OIL FINGERS PRINTED ON BOTH SIDES I CAN UNDERSTAND OUTSIDE OR INSIDE ON PLASTIC PANELS AND STARING WHEEL EASY CAN CLEAN .BUT DIRTY ON THE SEAT AND THE INSIDE CREAM MATERIAL NEXT TO SEATBELT, ON THE TOP ROOF, NEXT TO THE HOLDING HANDLE, INSIDE THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT.. THAT WILL NEVER COM OFF THIS PEOPLE RUVIN MY CAR FOR EVER ... I ONLY HAD FOR 1 YEAR WAS IMMACULATE JAGUAR B4 LEAVE AT THIS HALFORDS SUNDERLAND AUTOCENTRE!! THE SCRAP YARD OR 4 YEARS OLD KIDS COULD HAD B MORE SENSIBLE!!! AND UNDERSTANDING DIRTY HAND LEAVE MARKS REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTED VERY UPSET ABOUT STRESSED AND STILL CANT BELIEVE HOW THIS GARAGE STILL OPEN .. I'm Trying to clean the DAMAGE I REAY use 20 wipes and all end up black .. UNACCEPTABLE!!! MY CLOTHES GOT DIRTY ASWELL TO DRIVE IN BACK HOME ... DIDN'T EXPECTED ALL THIS... AND I HAVENT INVESTIGATE YET ON THE JOBS THEY CARRIED OUT NOW IM ENDING UP WITH PERMANENT MARKS INSIDE MY CAR

“Incompetence”

Written on: 27/05/2022 by 325Murray (1 review written)

Dire, unable to change a starter motor (bearing in mind they told me the make and model of car when I gave them my registration number), have stated that they don't have the knowledge or equipment to do it after they put the car on a ramp. Another generic garage managed it easily without the fuss or whining about specialist tools. The customer service department are all about covering up the incompetence shown and the lack of knowledge and skill. I would rather boil my head in hot cooking oil than deal with this shower.

“Awful”

Written on: 30/04/2022 by JamesShriane (1 review written)

Just awful. I booked a service and MOT online for my son in Gloucester, a student in the area, on the basis that he'd get fair and honest service from a well-known company. First of all, he was turned away at the time of his appointment, having to return over an hour later. The car failed its MOT, requiring new tyres, three light bulbs, and apparently a new motor for the windscreen wipers. There was also a long list of items to "keep an eye on". All of this came to over 800 pounds, which shocked and worried my son. I rang the centre to go through list, but unfortunately whoever I spoke to really wasn't interested. I asked why three lightbulbs - two indicators, one for a number plate - cost 96 pounds, for example, and never got an adequate reply. I also asked that the work required to get the vehicle through its MOT would be done there and then, i.e. mainly the tyres, but (having apparently checked) they didn't have them in stock. I also then requested that the service go ahead, which was already paid for, to which he agreed. I also asked for the manager's details so I could discuss this further. When my son rang later to find out when he could collect the car, after the service, he was told it would not be done - the opposite of what I'd been told. I then rang customer service for a refund for the service, and to raise several issues about the whole experience - the attitude of the staff member, and the service he'd stated would be done, then refused. It also transpired that the centre does not stock tyres, despite what he said, so I have no idea why he did that! I later asked my son to check the windscreen wipers. They work perfectly, but the bottle was empty. I'm therefore unclear why - as an item stated as an MOT failure - they specified on the invoice that a new motor was required, at a cost of 58 pounds. Apart from ringing the centre to get an explanation, I've contacted customer services three times to get a manager to explain all the issues which I prescriptively outlined to them, ranging from the attitude of the staff, the lack of service to the vehicle, the windscreen motor which absolutely wasn't required and, two weeks later, the lack of contact from a manager and an explanation. The vehicle subsequently passed its MOT elsewhere, with new tyres, etc, and the three fitted light bulbs which cost me 20 pounds, not 96. Apart from the poor service, it seems that there's an attempt to add extra items so that the uninitiated feel it's necessary to get it done. I've held off for two weeks to allow Halfords to respond to my concerns, but as I've had zero communication from them, I've posted this.

“Fake MOT from halfords - scamfords !”

Written on: 26/02/2022 by AshlynnRoach384 (1 review written)

Perfect place to get fake mot. Halfords in Portsmouth!

“I do not usually write reviews, but Halfords made me...”

Written on: 29/01/2022 by Aozgur (1 review written)

I do not usually write reviews, but Halfords made me write one! Halfords service station prices have nothing common with their website Failed MOT and cant get your car out? Prepare to pay twice for the repair/replacement Charged £ 213 labour for front brake pads/discs replacement on top of the part prices listed on Halfords website. My request of a breakdown of parts/labour was denied. They claimed website prices do not include VAT, which actually do! Went further, they claimed service stations source parts from different retailer and so on. This is opportunism, Such a disappointing experience, I strongly recommend you to avoid

J28912's Response to Aozgur's Review

Written on: 13/03/2022

I have had exactly the same experience

J28912's Response to Aozgur's Review

Written on: 13/03/2022

I have had exactly the same experience with Halfords autocentre.

Read 2 Comments

“HOW DO THEY STAY IN BUSINESS?”

Written on: 10/01/2022 by BEADLEBUG1 (1 review written)

I had booked an MOT and service on the telephone over a week ago and arrived at the specified time of 10.10 to find Reception empty and the Manager was apparently talking to a customer outside. His assistant eventually responded to my 2 rings and I explained that I was booked in, gave him my key and he asked if I was going to wait while the work was done. I related the phone conversation when I asked that precise question and was advised not to wait as it would take 2-3 hours, so I left at 10.30, leaving a note with the assistant with my mobile number, car registration and a request for the Manager to call with progress. I returned at 12.30 again to an empty reception and sat for some time after ringing the bell. The assistant attended to a man who came in after me and was about to leave when I asked if I could take my car. He said the Manager was 'working on a car and was just coming'. He said that the car hadn't been started on and it was scheduled 'now'. I repeated our phone conversation and he denied saying 10.10;I asked if he was accusing me of lying, requested my key and left DISGUSTED!

“Halfords Brook st Colchester great team”

Written on: 01/01/2022 by Magic22 (1 review written)

My car broke down they ordered parts and fixed it on N.Y eve great team helpful and friendly fantastic job

“Shocking communication”

Written on: 13/11/2021 by 388Barry (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking communication the guys on the phone are very obnoxious when explaining what’s wrong with your car. They carried out work that I did not authorise costing me circa £50. Awful experience which has left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Who can you trust in this industry! Is anyone genuine.

“Halfords Autocentre Byfleet”

Written on: 28/10/2021 by McNamara449 (1 review written)

Byfleet Halfords Autocentre. Took 2 days to complete MOT and Service, trumped up charges for parts. Originally £234 for Full service and MOT to just under £800 including parts. Lack of communication when promised, made me waste 10 hours waiting just to be told won’t be done till the next day even though he said to wait a couple more hours and it might be done on same day. Absolutely disgusting attitude on the phone, misleading sale of back tyre even though on MOT it passed with original tyre. He said they missed it during the Full Service so obviously didn’t properly carry this out considering the cost of the service. Absolute will not be giving any business to Halfords ever again.

“Excellent service ”

Written on: 06/10/2021 by Beckyf33 (1 review written)

Booked the day before for service and MOT dropped car off at 910am was ready for collection by 130pm friendly helpful service highly recommend thank you

“WARNING ”

Written on: 22/09/2021 by Beechwoodparc (1 review written)

WARNING WARNING - Inexperienced engineers and staff, services are only as per a check list, if your car has a DPF or uses Adblue they have no knowledge of how or what is involved and you should go elsewhere, they serviced my brand new £30,000 van from new and gave false information regarding a warning light, their incompetence has incurred me a bill to replace a DPF in excess of £3,000 due to a Pats fluid tank not been topped up or even advised…..the manager agreed that they should have known this and offered compensation only to then retract the offer. Being a customer for over 15yrs means nothing, if anything goes wrong, tough… it would be interesting to see if they reply to this review, maybe a standard ( we’re sorry to hear… please contact us to discuss… etc..)

“We are committed to keeping you safe...Oh! no you're not”

Written on: 19/09/2021 by gahanpip (1 review written)

We are committed to keeping you safe...Oh! Yes? Not what I expect from Halfords - MOT Service Last year (full major service) they forgot to replace the brake fluid after draining the system leaving it half empty, all the warning lights came on telling me to pull over and stop. Getting home I checked the fluid level and sure enough, it was empty. Filled it with the correct fluid purchased from Halfords Dover. This could well have caused me to have a very serious accident even fatal. I did not report it at the time as I thought it could easily get someone the sack and I did not want that. After filling the brake fluid to the correct level all seemed to work fine. This year the rear right calliper was leaking and I have no doubt why, the bleeding of the brakes were not done correctly previously causing an MOT failure and will cost me hundreds to put right. What I should have done was to sue you last year for putting my life in danger. A disgraceful level of service. The exasperated chap who served me told me it was his last day, and happy to go! I'm now contemplating what I should do. You have left me with a very large bill due to the damage you have caused though negligence plus the potential lethal threat you have subjected me to.

“I bought a stereo head unit from a branch in Leicester...”

Written on: 05/09/2021 by 414Woodruff (1 review written)

I bought a stereo head unit from a branch in Leicester in July including fitting. I received numerous text reminders and on the day as well stating that fitting was ready. When I went some parts did not arrive so I was fuming and so cancelled my order. In August I bought another stereo head unit and booked for fitting today but at a different store in Leicester. So I phoned the Halfords phoneline yesterday just to confirm and was told that all was ok. I went this morning and guess what? Again they couldn't find my stereo. So again I cancelled my order. What a bunch of amateurs. Halfords management you need to employ better trained staff not just on the phone line but in store. Call yourself number 1 motor parts retailer? You're having a laugh. Absolutely fuming for TWO wasting time. Useless retailer.

“Worst call centre i have deal with”

Written on: 18/08/2021 by Disappointedcustomer777 (1 review written)

I got through to the call cwntre almost immediately explained what I wanted which was to arrange dash cam fitting. i was put on hold for 11 minutes - he gave me a time for the date i wanted and asked me for some details - then I was cut off. I was then transferred to their feedback questionaire !!!!! I called back explained what had happened and then was put on hold for 13.5 minutes only to be told there were no appointments for that day . Appalling service and what made it worse was when i said I had held for 13.5 minites the call handler laughed. It is such a shame as I have always found my local Halfords to be excellent but having to speak toa call centre in South Africa just beggars belief.

“Poor service”

Written on: 17/08/2021 by Shaniad350 (1 review written)

Ordered a new car radio to be fitted, waited 2 weeks for the appointment to be told when I turned up that they can’t do the job as they don’t have the parts (before they even looked at the job). Took me 2 hours out of my day to end up with a refund. Manager needs to give his head a wobble.