Sofology Reviews - www.sofology.co.uk

Summary

Note from Review Centre: Sofaworks rebranded to Sofology in February 2016.
Sofology - www.sofology.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sofology - www.sofology.co.uk

Sofology - www.sofology.co.uk

“Absolutely horrendous”

Written on: 12/09/2022 by teacherspets (1 review written)

Nearly 7 months of drama two sets of sofas both awful condition lumpy poorly constructed if you want a refund even when it's your legal right they simply keep telling you someone will call back but they never do. What a mistake to buy here !

“You buy something worth over £3,000.00 and they will...”

Written on: 31/07/2022 by JaxThomas (1 review written)

You buy something worth over £3,000.00 and they will send you what THEY want. Not what you order. I ordered a sofa set in 2021, and I still do not have the right set. Sent in a formal written complaint, and as expected, nothing has been done about it. They will never get back to you, you have to chase them for an update, and 100% of the time there is no update. I have reported them to trading standards as they have not offered me my money back nor given me what I ordered. Customer service is useless, they're lovely and friendly, but competency does not exist.

“Poor quality sofa & customer service”

Written on: 25/07/2022 by Jaslyn326 (1 review written)

I bought a Sofology 3 seater power recliner sofa + 2 seater standard sofa after doing a lot of research in June 2017. This is despite some negative reviews then regarding its product quality and customer service after being carried away by their showroom and my discussions with the then sales person at their Edgware branch, who assured me that his branch would help get any complaint issues resolved through its head office if and when it happens. I was also then concerned about the fact that these sofas were made in China but was assured that this Chinese manufacturer, “Violini” was one of the largest global suppliers. On delivery in Aug 17, I noticed that both the sofas has their hand cushions with significantly less foam filling and hence were significantly depressed , so I refused delivery but was forced to accept it as they categorically blackmailed me then by saying that they would neither replace it nor give a full refund. To pacify me, they sent their technician who immediately and flatly denied my claim saying this was within normal limits. Not being satisfied with the situation, I raised this complaint again after 6 months with them and despite them sending a so called independent technician this time though on their payroll, he too refused to confirm there was an issue thus toeing the company’s line again. This is similar to number of other complaint on social media and on Sofology reviews confirming the company practice of denying all claims and sending technicians just to show they are taking customer complaints seriously though in actual fact, they are cheating their customers by not honouring genuine claims especially during the warranty period. Within 3 years of using the sofa (have no kids ) i.e. at the beginning of Covid in June 2020, two seats from my 3 seater and both seats on my 2 seater had significantly started to dip/bow/sag but I couldn’t do anything because of the lockdown. So, I waited for Covid situation to open up and then reported this complaint to the manager of the Sofology, Edgware branch, who said he couldn’t help despite their earlier assurances and agreed to forward my complaint directly to the Sofology head office. After a few months, the company sent a technician who conveniently claimed that the foam seats were faulty and not the sofa foundation/structure (Serpentine springs) without even removing the seats because the latter was within the 10 year structural warranty but the foam seats were not. He then also saw the depressed hand cushions and agreed there were very low on foam but said that was only covered under a two year original warranty so he couldn’t do anything. I told him that I had complained twice within the first 6 months but the company refused my claim but he sheepishly admitted he couldn’t do anything now about it. I was very upset with the dipping/sagging situation on both the sofas as it was causing me back pains but the technician was adamant that the suspension springs (foundation) was fine without even removing the seats to check if the under - warranty Suspension springs were faulty as then, Sofology would have to replace the Serpentine springs and the damaged seats at a much higher cost. This is consistent with the strategy that Sofology has been employing as seen from the current reviews too. The company then asked me to pay for 4 new foam seats they would supply and fit from their Chinese manufacturer which would take over 3 months. I had no option but to agree to this despite feeling cheated by Sofology for the second time as I was desperate to get the sagging in the sofas resolved ASAP. I paid the amount in full and got written confirmation that when the new seats are replaced, the company will replace the seats and suspension springs at their own cost if the suspension springs were then found to be faulty. When I checked the status of the seats after a month of placing the order and paying the full cost, I was informed that the order had not even been placed with the Chinese supplier. After another month had passed, I got a call from Sofology to say that they couldn’t source the seats from their Chinese supplier as they had stopped sourcing from them. When I checked with someone else at another Sofology outlet, I was told that they were still getting sofas made by Violini. So either it is the Covid lockdown in China or something else but Sofology refused to use a local upholstery maker to get the new foam seats manufactured and fitted as they never had any intention of getting this problem resolved. I then spoke to a Checker Trade rated UK upholstery furnishing company who told me that in their vast experience of dealing with such complaints, a dip in a Chinese made sofa is most likely caused by faulty foundation i.e. webbing/suspension springs than foam seats though Chinese made seats are also very low quality and well short of UK standards. So my sincere advice to sofa buyers is to NEVER BUY ANY CHINESE MADE SOFAS from any UK retailer especially Sofology. From this awful experience with Sofology which is not an isolated case, it is clear to me that the company not only supplies poor quality Chinese-made sofas but also has a non - existent customer service and more importantly, cannot be trusted as they deny all genuine customer quality complaints even when within the warranty period. After reading numerous scathing reviews of Sofology on various websites, I realised that I needed to highlight my experience in detail so that other unsuspecting customers understand that they are making the biggest mistake by buying any furniture from Sofology. When such poor quality companies like them, fool potential customers with glamorous TV ads and spruced up showrooms but in reality, everything they do is “not fit for purpose”, it’s time that all potential customers of Sofology realise what is happening and stop ordering from them to save them a lot of anguish and disappointment while losing their hard earned investment in such furniture. It is sad that most new customers also go by the initial 4/5 star possibly faked reviews which mainly deal with delivery and the initial aesthetics of the Sofology furniture instead of taking such quality and service complaints seriously enough to STOP ordering any furniture from SOFOLOGY which in my view, has a very poor quality Chinese- made product and a non-existent customer service track record.

“Only gave one star because i couldn't give zero ”

Written on: 29/06/2022 by Quinneb333 (1 review written)

The only reason i gave one star is i couldn't give no stars. Furnature turned up with faults and we were misold it from the beginning. Totally unfit for purpose. The customer service is appalling and so is the build quality. It is so uncomfortable we would rather sit on the floor. Definitely would recommend people dont use them. We have been waiting nearly a week for a manager to call us back. Once they have got your money they are not interested

“Worst customer service ever”

Written on: 26/05/2022 by NickSee (1 review written)

Worst customer service ever. We ordered a suite, delivery day and we had the wrong combination delivered. The parts that were delivered were damaged with compression and cuts in the leather & also leather repairs. We have visited the store 4 times, emailed countless times and been on the phone for hours. Each time we’re promised individual attention from the person & then never hear from them again. So far we’re 2 months down the line, damaged and wrong goods and nobody doing anything about it. Today I’m going to visit the store for the 5th time, at the weekend I will set up outside the store and inform everyone and anyone how poor Sofology are.

“The delivery guys refused to carry 3rd floor Terrible...”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by termoni (1 review written)

The delivery guys refused to carry 3rd floor Terrible service! "0" Star delivery operation. The delivery guys refused to carry our corner sofa to 3rd floor although the customer service had confirmed that they would carry all in all! The apartment has quite large stairs and it is easy to carry furnitures to. We already sold our previous sofa after Sofology's delivery confirmation and now we are without sofa! And customer service is just giving me some advice by explaining I was talked with other customer agent from Sofology, not with her! So, there is no solution so far! We are expected to resolve it between us and the delivery guy. Definitely stay away!!! PS: The expecting supply times are already passed as well.. Super bad!

“Absolutely Appalling Service ”

Written on: 27/04/2022 by LoganGlover200 (1 review written)

Wouldn’t ever buy another thing from this Retailer Nothing but problem after problem. Also took me for approximately £300 past the asking price. through there’re incompetence. Far too much to write down here. All I can say is Avoid like the plague.

“Worst quality workmanship ever”

Written on: 18/04/2022 by CamronDowling (1 review written)

Ordered our dream sofa and waited 12 weeks. We were thrilled when it arrived but wow how bad is the sofa. They will be returned. Frame on the two seater is bent and won’t sit straight. Over 15 defects in stitching and leather just really bad workmanship. Do not buy from here

“Rubbish”

Written on: 05/04/2022 by Terrellt155 (1 review written)

Ordered online and was given a date of delivery. I took time off work, got rid of my old sofa and they did not turn up! I had to go into the store to tell them of the failed delivery and was given another delivery date. Again, i took time off work, and again they didn't turn up. The store had no idea where the new sofa had gone, so they then asked me what i wanted to do! I eventually got my money back off them and went to another store. Really disappointed. I would not recommend.

“Expensive and low quality ”

Written on: 26/03/2022 by TiaAdkins (1 review written)

Difficult to purchase as their online account service not working. Huge delays to order. Within 8 months - sagging and seat cushion not staying in seat. Their technician states no issue - even though he never sat on it - just plumped it up. Poor customer service, and sofa not fit for purpose. Would avoid!

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”

Written on: 19/03/2022 by Rolandoy498 (1 review written)

I will never buy from them again. The customer service is the worst service ever. Delay in refund. No response despite chasing over two weeks. They clearly haven't done any customer service training to help their staff pick up on complaints and pass to complaints team. Complaints team does not even have an automated acknowledgement email to confirm their turnaround for handling complaints. Do not even response despite you copying in the FOS. Be prepared for the worst customer service I have ever experience. And, as someone who worked in the industry and has developed customer service programs and complaints handling protocols let me assure you they are doing a terrible job of it.

“Appalling service do not buy from them”

Written on: 17/03/2022 by FatmaA (1 review written)

I bought 2 sofas from Sofology in September 2021 and 6 months onwards they are yet to deliver. I have called them numerous amount of time and they can’t even give me a delivery date even today. They keep telling me me nonsense about issues with the depots like I care as a customer. Considering the money you are spending do not buy from a company which has such an appalling customer service and have the headache and stress that I am getting from them.

“Not worth a penny”

Written on: 26/02/2022 by Riirii (1 review written)

When you have accident, they send you a little bottle of stain remover worth £1 which doesn't even do the job. Everytime i have. Made a claim they have reused it.

“Shocking terrible outrageous ”

Written on: 13/02/2022 by Cassiusb147 (1 review written)

DONT USE SOFOLOGY Awful it’s amazing the company can operate

“Appalling company with virtually no after sales service.”

Written on: 10/02/2022 by Julie.x.taylor (1 review written)

Appalling company with virtually no after sales service. We ordered a 3 seater sofa, arm chair and footstool from this company in January 2021 after spending the best part of a year looking for the perfect suite. When it arrived in March, the delivery and assembly was great and the service from the delivery guys was brilliant. All in all we were delighted with our leather, retro Cordelia suite. Sadly after 6 weeks the top of one of the leather coated buttons came off and the seat cushions had gone baggy and stretched and look really old. We had a visit from the engineer within a week and he promised a replacement button, as he identified a manufacturing fault, within 2 weeks, but told us the puddled seats were due to the soft cushion foam used deliberately to give the aged, vintage look! Then followed the most stressful 8 months were I had to make contact regularly for an update to be told different things each time. Apparently my button had to be manufactured in Italy with a lead time of 3 months, which was extended due to being held on a ship at the dock due to COVID, Brexit and a lack of drivers. Each update was provided only after I emailed and copied in someone else, as without this I received no response. Trying to phone the company was a joke as I would be number 19 in a queue, creep down, after an hour, to number 5, then back up to 8! Then when I finally spoke to someone after a few minutes they would place me on hold, then cut me off. It is fair to say there were a few customer service people I spoke to who were apologetic but I fear they couldn’t help. Finally, in January, the only option was to get them to collect my faulty suite and give me a refund. The delivery guys who collected the suite, again, we helpful, great and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble and they were horrified with the saggy seats of my sofa. I would advise anyone who thinks of using sofology to avoid them at all costs. The products, although they look good in the showroom, are poor quality and the after sales service is appalling, bordering on non existent. A dreadful experience!

“The worst furniture store EVER!!”

Written on: 26/01/2022 by Robles1947 (1 review written)

After receiving my leather sofa and chair the leather started sagging after 3 days, I complained, they sent out a technician who said nothing wrong, I wasn’t happy so they offered a Homeserve technician who said that’s what leather is like these days, he reported back that there was nothing wrong. Then got ombudsman who sided with the technician, they must all be blind. Have since joined the Sofology Angry Customer site and cannot believe that there are over 4 thousand angry customers complaining about the shoddy furniture they are selling to their customers. I have had my own independent technician who thought the furniture was 4-5 years old, not 4-5 months old, he says I should be entitled to a refund under the consumer rights act, I am trying my best to get a refund. The should hang their heads in shame.

“First 3 suites faulty waiting for suite 4”

Written on: 25/01/2022 by Batesuz1976 (1 review written)

Absolutely terrible quality. Avoid at all costs

“Sinking leather sofa and puddling”

Written on: 25/01/2022 by ziSoto499 (1 review written)

We bought a Santino sofa and chair in July last year. For the last two months the seats have flatten so much that we can’t use the footstool bought at the same time. Our feet are too high to sit comfortably. We have been told to plump up cushions but this is impossible as the seats are connected to the base. We understand many customers have this problem so obviously a design fault. A technician is booked but we don’t hold out hope. We should have been informed about the puddling and sinking if this is part of the design before we bought. Also been advised if the height of the footstools.

“Worse experience ! ”

Written on: 25/01/2022 by Tammyah (1 review written)

Worst experience ever! Had to wait 6 months for the sofa to be delivered. When the day came , the driver advised that the 4 seater spilt sofa had been sent in 2 different colours ! We have one half brown and one half black! Driver advised it was best that they left it with us as it meant that the replacement would be sent quicker . This is not the case. I’ve had to call and email numerous times , waiting for hours on hold. By the 4th call I was told that the sofa would be reordered and we’ll have to wait till May 2022. I asked for email confirmation, again nothing. Called again this week to be told it’s now June 2022. Again no confirmation in writing . I was told that there was no one I could escalate this issue too. We also paid £40 for a care kit which we’ve yet to receive, that’s a 7 week waiting time. We’ve paid nearly £3000 for this sofa and been left with 2 miss matching parts. The customer service is so poor . Seems sofology are quick to take your money but not resolve a major issue . Never again!!

“Avoid Sofology, if you can”

Written on: 24/01/2022 by Fifecustomer (1 review written)

I ordered over £5000 sofa sets at Kirkcaldy branch. After 5 months of waiting, the items were finally delivered, but a few items were missing. I have tried all the methods (e.g. phone calls, emails) to contact the customer service and required for refund. Sadly, nothing had happened although I was told that someone would get in touch to discuss about it every time. The waiting time for getting through the customer helpline is about 2 hours. The responding time for receiving an email is about 1 month. Please avoid this company if you can. As more and more frustrating customers are emerged, I do hope that the trading authorities could do something and monitor the substandard services of Sofology.